[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else have trouble following movies? Can't even enjoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: 1462484212442.jpg (68 KB, 388x380) Image search: [Google]
1462484212442.jpg
68 KB, 388x380
Anyone else have trouble following movies? Can't even enjoy what is made for retards.
>>
>>29357304

Lots of people probably do. I get confused all the time by movies and everyone I know thinks I'm smart. Don't read into it too much. If you can read and write like a normal person, chances are its a very specific deficit and doesn't mean you are a retard.
>>
>>29357304
>>29357464
What do you guys mean? Like the story line gets too difficult or confusing to follow?
>>
>>29357464
How normal is it to not even catch the characters' names by the end?
>>
>>29357485

Yeah, sort of. Some interaction between the characters just doesn't click in my brain like it does for everyone watching it with me (usually immediate or extended family), and so some of the scenes that follow don't make sense and I have to ask others about their relevance or why some dialogue was important.
>>
File: 1656804105.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1656804105.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
>>29357485
For me unless something is made very clear, perhaps outright stated, I won't know what's happening.
>>
File: shots.jpg (356 KB, 897x1200) Image search: [Google]
shots.jpg
356 KB, 897x1200
>>29357304

>unable to focus long enough to sit through movies
>sometime i can watch half of a movie one day and the other half the next day, but it ends up feeling like "work"
>>
>>29357531

I do this a lot, but I don't know how normal it is. I've done tv shows like this where I'll be two seasons in and not know names of some important characters.
>>
>>29357537
Guy you're replying too

Sometimes that happens to me too. Not all movies/TV shows though -- maybe about 10% of the time? Sometimes I have to get my dad to explain too.

It usually happens when a big plot point is coming to its peak and then they resolve it really fast due to some unforeseen circumstance and my brain has to play catch up.
>>
>>29357304
this is why I just watch spongebob it's easy to follow, also in 8th grade I got the award for the goofy goober.
>>
nah, i have the opposite problem. i pretty much know exactly how it will all play out within 10 minutes of watching it. once you watch enough movies it will happen to you too. i think this is why some people get deeper and deeper into weirdo art house stuff, because some of that shit is just completely unpredictable. uncle boomee who can recall his past lives is one of those types of movies, i didn't really like it, but i had no clue what the fuck was going to happen next in that so i kept watching.
>>
only once when I was half watching tinker tailor soldier spy
>>
>>29357304
>2016
>still watches plot-based movies
>doesn't watch contemplative, slow cinema with intense cinematography
>>
>watching bamham meme intro
>have no idea what's going on
I can't even understand capeshit.
>>
Movies and TV couldn't hold my interest until I started watching them at 1.33x speed with mpv. Now they are actually entertaining. The new movie players like mpv can do it without making the voices squeaky.
>>
>>29358327
I want to explore this more! I tried this recently watching Breaking Bad and it seemed to work wonderfully. Haven't tried it with a movie yet.
>>
>>29357304
I just spend my days watching old spaghetti Westerns and foreign films, pretty comfy if I may say so myself, try it robots
>>
I pause and think about what I just watched all the time. it takes me a lot longer to watch a movie then a normal person.
>>
I usually look online for a rundown to be sure I was thinking the same thing. So il usually get a few things wrong.

I was pretty lost in "old boy", I had to stop the movie and look online to know why he went berserk in the end.

But I hear you op, its usually names for me. Its so hard to remember them all.
>>
>>29357304
Watch anime instead? it's made for even bigger retards.
>>
>>29359160
Maybe. Haven't watched much but it still happens to me. I like children's cartoons but even Adventure Time pulls stuff I don't understand.
>>
File: E8RdM2L02_img10.jpg (33 KB, 715x482) Image search: [Google]
E8RdM2L02_img10.jpg
33 KB, 715x482
>>29357304
I have the same problem reading books. I have trouble following the standard narrative plot sequence. In school, I always failed doing book reports because I couldn't understand what was going on unless it was bluntly spelled out for me.

I'm going to sound like a special snowflake fedoralord here, but it wasn't until I started reading eastern literature that has a free flowing format and doesn't have a set conflict. It's just like a telling of events, almost like reading a more detailed journal with dialogue.

Same with anime. I could never get into action-oriented genres because I couldn't stick with the plot. Watching series like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was like a breath of fresh air because it has the same free-flowing way of storytelling, it doesn't stick on just one conflict.

I honestly feel mentally degenerate because I can't enjoy anything else.

Pic related is what I'm talking about.
>>
File: 1466047489213.png (34 KB, 854x479) Image search: [Google]
1466047489213.png
34 KB, 854x479
>>29357565
Fucking this.

The only time I can watch a movie through is if I'm at a theatre and even then I'll try to distract myself and I'll yawn.

As far as watching at home, it never happens. I end up playing New Vegas after trying to watch one within the first 20 minutes.

The same is with reading. After 5 minutes, my attention pans off to the nearest interesting thing.

What the hell is this? Why has it been with me all my life?
>>
File: 1465783554071.jpg (94 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1465783554071.jpg
94 KB, 601x508
>>29359511
>want to read books to get more smarterer
>mind starts to wander while I read
>realize I'm not reading, just looking at the words, comprehending that their words and it falls into the void of my mind
>not structuring any thought or sentences from what I'm reading
>have to re-read everything 3 times

f-fuck this books are for nerds anyway I'm glad I can't read chad doesn't read and gets all the pussy he wants
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.