[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red Pill Me On Chopsticks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: chopsticks-image.png (124 KB, 572x599) Image search: [Google]
chopsticks-image.png
124 KB, 572x599
How do they compare to western eating utensils?
>>
File: Parfait.jpg (210 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Parfait.jpg
210 KB, 1920x1080
>>29354466
I really like chopsticks for when I'm frying things, because it gives me better control and I'm less likely to splash oil everywhere
but on the whole eating food is easier with a spoon or fork, for me at least
>>
>>29354466
They're gross. You have to throw them away after one use.
>>
Pain in the ass with tiny shit, fun with big food
There's a reason why asian rice is sticky

Great for stirring, though.
>>
>>29354466
They are just for show, exactly like impractically tiny cups for tea or expensive alcohol. People making it harder to consume stuff, thus turning the consumption into a status display, by implying that they're so cultured, they're above the necessity for their utensils to conform to practicality, because they have other meals to satiate themselves. Silly human psychology.
>>
>>29354466

they take more skill to use than shoveling shit into your face.
>>
>>29354466
Unless I'm eating pizza, a steak, or something equally big, and also liquid-ish things like oatmeal and milk & cereal or yogurt, I'll eat everything else with chopsticks. Fries, breaded fish, meme tendies, lettuce & salad, taquitos, even ribs, etc.

I just feel like a retarded ape when I'm stabbing at things on my plate.

>>29354727
>harder

If you have basic fine motor skill, it's not harder at all. It's actually much, much easier for certain types of food like noodles and pasta
>>
File: tumblr_kxhrb0XziV1qz50x3[1].jpg (66 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_kxhrb0XziV1qz50x3[1].jpg
66 KB, 500x332
>>29354466
It's way easier to eat salad with chopsticks than a fork.
>>
They're really good at retrieving things that have fallen under the fridge, much better than the western utensils.

>>29354691
You can get them in other materials that are reusable. I have some ceramic ones.
>>
>>29354466
If you are good with them you can eat most of kind of food faster than with a fork, but there are still some where that is faster.

You cannot beat them for pre cut meat and sticky rice.
>>
File: 1462940079299.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462940079299.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
Pretty fun tbqh
Forks are still way comfier though
>>
itt

Stupid weeaboo white men don't know how to eat with chopsticks (((lmao))) and some fedora lords who tip their weebdora because they went to learn from youtube
>>
>>29354466
They're better for some things. Noodles or anything bite sized, especially. Try eating sushi with a fork, it sucks. But they're not good for some other things, like eggs or steak.

I usually use them (but I live in Asia anyway).
>>
>>29355556
FUCK. one off.
>>
Before I deleted my Facekike, I saw about 50 different posts from my trendy friends about how they learned to eat with chopsticks, and how cultures they felt for doing it.

Kind of out me off to the whole idea, tbqh. When I'm around any of them I only provide sporks. They're so fucking faggotry though that some of them actually carry spare chopsticks around.
>>
File: not quite my tempo.jpg (35 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
not quite my tempo.jpg
35 KB, 320x240
>>29354466
Whenever we have Chinese food my cousin and his wife use chopsticks (badly) while everyone else use forks

It's cringeworthy as fuck
>>
>>29355586
being anti-trend is still trendy senpai.

Like a metalhead or punk rocker who dresses and acts exactly like everyone in his little scene& listens to the same bands and thinks he's superior because he's not following pop trends.
>>
great for stabbing bitches
the dual dull potential are great for eye sockets
i could fucking cut all you motherfuckers up once i split a pair
dont go to your local sushi shop tonight
>>
>be white guy in Korea
>go to eat korean bbq pork
>Some gook shouting at me "pork?? pork??"
>I'm like yeah I want pork
>He brings me a fork

Korea is awful
>>
>>29356969
>be white guy in Korea
get out of my board, normie!
>>
Matt Stonie was using them for some ramen eating challenge. He was going so slow, that he stopped and used a fork.

He picked up the pace rather rapidly after that.

Mind you his mom is a jap and so he grew up using chopsticks.
>>
>>29356969
>be white guy in Korea
>go to eat korean bbq pork
>"samgyeopsal juseyo"
>"ne"
>reach into the little drawer on the side of the table and get chopsticks
>guy comes back with kimchi and stuff
>"maekju hanbyeong juseyo"
>he brings me beer

Korea is awesome, faggot.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.