[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here have a pet project in the works? It can be anything,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-06-17 18.49.05.jpg (2 MB, 1677x1677) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-17 18.49.05.jpg
2 MB, 1677x1677
Anyone here have a pet project in the works?

It can be anything, a game or program you're coding, a book you're writting, maybe a garden?

For me, it's pic related, I'm growing a radish. Well, right now, there are three seeds, but I'll thin them out when the time comes. I'm going to photograph them twice a day, so that I can make a time lapse of the growth. I'll probably throw it up here when the radish is done, it'll be about 25 days though.

But what about you guys?? I want to hear about your projects!
>>
>>29352986
I'm trying to learn C.

I was originally in a CS course but had to leave because I'm not a women or a minority so I couldn't hardly get any help so I'm just go at it myself. Learned Java and Python back then but this whole memory management thing might take a little time aeeing as I've wasted my brain away.

I look foreword to seeing your time lapsed radish.
>>
File: STOP.jpg (32 KB, 370x278) Image search: [Google]
STOP.jpg
32 KB, 370x278
I'm trying not to kill myself

its going bretty well
>>
>>29353330

you are following 80% of people who learned to code

do feminists think the boys got a secret class on how to code at school?
>>
>>29353410
I'm not too sure I understand what you're saying, anon.

But I did have the privilege of seeing some of my peers code and the women can't code meme is certainly based on reality.
>>
Don't think it counts as a pet project but
I'm trying to git gud at UNIX, specifically the *BSD family.
Actually, since my wireless device isn't supported by OpenBSD, I'll write it myself. After I figure out how all that shit works, meanwhile I'm going to use FreeBSD to learn that because that's where most of the good documentation points.
I plan to read "Design and implementation of the FreeBSD operating system" and "Computer Systems from a programmer's perspective". The idea is to git rly gud at operating system internals.
As an aside, I think I'll hold a real pet project in setting up a 'haxme' with my Raspberry Pi runnin FreeBSD, maybe even a BBS written likely in C++.
Also want to start a blog.
I have all these ideas, now I just need to stop procrastinating and work on them.
>>
File: image.jpg (775 KB, 1254x1671) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
775 KB, 1254x1671
Heres mine, its an old beat up little car.
Need to do things here and there to it but she runs well.
>>
>>29352986
I had an idea a couple years ago to start a site where people can document the sunrise from thier location and upload it there with the time and GPS coordinates with the idea of eventually getting the. Biggest database of documented sunrises
>>
>>29353793
With high resolution pictures of course, figure being able to see how a sunrise looks like at any point in time anywhere in the world
>>
>>29352986
Im building a program at my college during the summer break to launch in fall to help student with numerous problems and faults within our system.

Im coding the site and getting fliers out for people to post and talk about. Have 8 members on board to help oversee the project from the university board.

If all goes will i could have a potential business on my hands.
>>
I keep wanting to write a story and I get idea from time to time but I know nothing about writing and frankly I don't even know for what medium I would write for. Sometimes I want to write a comic but I dont know dick about drawing at all and wouldn't be able to do it justice if that makes any sense. And then I think of music I'd like to see accompany a scene or moment and realize that maybe video would be better but I dont have any thing that can record video or have actors or a set etc etc and then I'm like maybe I'd write a game but obviously a game is so fucking complicated to make unless you pump out some unity trash.

And then I lose interest and let the depression set back in and continue on with overeating and procrastination
>>
>>29352986
I want to write some kind of program but I'm not creative enough to think of anything. Someone pls help I have experience in C, Java and Python
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.