[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be a sociopath >not really in tune with any emotion whatsoever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 1464983823417.png (386 KB, 667x670) Image search: [Google]
1464983823417.png
386 KB, 667x670
>be a sociopath
>not really in tune with any emotion whatsoever
>visit robot9001
>think it's meant for people out of tune with emotions in general (emotionless robots) that it's affecting their lives in negative ways
>feel like I've found a place to relate to
>browse for a few weeks
>just now figured out I may have misunderstood completely what /r9k/ stood for

I'm still fond of you guys though.
>>
>>29352934
No, robots are overly emotional babies
>>
File: 1444518507956.jpg (119 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1444518507956.jpg
119 KB, 640x640
>I have no emotions so troubled don't talk to me
>tch nothing personal
>>
>>29352934
There used to be more stuff like the thing you're talking about, but /r9k/ was never a place for "le emotionless robots"
>>
>>29352971
Well, it's mostly that people expect me to be a certain way or act appropriately in certain situations and it can get hard mimicing the proper ones.

I just assumed /r9k/ was for varying levels of this stuff and that maybe people knew how to make it easier to not appear like a pariah.
>>
>>29353004
People act like your some kind of heartless monster when you tell them you lack normal emotions. As if emotions are inherently a good thing. they are wrong almost all evil in the world is a result of people unable to control how they feel. Being one of these "monsters" I feel we are the only ones who can be truly selfless and absorb evil instead of passing it on.
>>
>>29352975
Yeah, I've realised this.
I feel kind of stupid.
>>
>>29353172
That's an interesting way of looking at it I suppose though I wouldn't personally classify as some hidden positive trait.

I just feel completely out of place at any sort of gathering or during any type of conversation since there's nothing going on inside of me other than "should I be smiling or frowning or what is the best course of action?".

I don't really get looked at as a heartless monster I don't think. I think I have this spiel down pretty well or at least I hope I do.
>>
>>29352964
/r9k/ feels out of place in society as do I.

So I guess there's still some common ground.
>>
>>29353247
Most people have that sort of thing ingrained in there brain so deeply they don't have to think about it. Me. I'm not that way, but I can assure that over time you will learn enough unwritten social rules that you can look natural.
>>
>>29353356
That's a comforting thought.

I'm able to act just fine around people I'm not too close with but recently some family drama happened in the way of my mother dying to cancer that my family started to notice I was an oddball. Like, fuck, I don't know how to act in that situation. It's never happened to me before and you can't properly prepare for it either because people turn unpredictable in hectic situations.
>>
We are called robots because the board name is robot9001, not because we have any semblance of mechanical robot tendencies
>>
>>29353474
Ha lucky. My brother died and I would forget I was supposed to be sad and crack jokes about it. Later I told them it was because" I didn't know how to handle my grief".
>>
haha op i feel you haha lol did u read da dosto yevski hehe hoho huhu
>>
>>29352934
Same here bro

I have no idea why these histrionic emotional baby-men come here to vent their frustrations upon closed uncaring ears.

this is supposed to be where semi-functioning outcasts go to laugh at the absurdity of normie life not this bullshit.
>>
>>29353551
That seems like something I could do but wont that look insincere as all hell or do you think I could I play it off as being overwhelmed with emotions?
>>
File: 82374682374.png (176 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
82374682374.png
176 KB, 499x499
>>29352934
>Call ourselves robots
>Actually feel more emotions than normies
>>
>>29352934
Yea i thought this was a safe space for sociopaths too but its not.

I'm not diagnosed but I find other people's emotions to be such a nuisance. I see morality as an obstacle to achieve certain things. Unfortunately, lying, deception, and bending morality have led to awesome experiences and avoided me serious trouble with the only negative being lingering guilt. At the end of day its all tainted with a bit of guilt that i bore witness to myself choose the deviant choice
>>
>>29353621
I apologize for the inconvenience.
I wont post again in the future and disrupt the normal flow of topics.
>>
>>29353621
>this is supposed to be where semi-functioning outcasts go to laugh at the absurdity of normie life not this bullshit.

I'm a normie who tired of the normie life. I never really had a bright future, but my social life used to be normie-tier. I couldn't stand how delusional and validation obsessed everyone is. Its this maddening neurotic race to be noticed and virtue signalling. Its psychotic.

Id rather chill in a dark basement with some fuckin weirdos and do drugs or listen to music. Interesting people whose company I enjoy. Normies have a very herd mentality.
>>
>>29353172
i have emotions, it's just a small range of them and I don't have some of them. so when normies start spilling their spaghetti all over me I GTFO
>>
>>29353551
You have to understand empathy. if people feel bad for you they will believe anything.
>>
>>29353694
If you feel guilt you're not a sociopath. You're pretty stupid for a 15 year old aren't you?
>>
>>29353768
The normie does seem nice though albeit it a bit strange.

To be able to just interact with and what I assume feel connected to your peers. It's so alien to think about though.
>>
>>29353870
I'm not the guy you replied to but sociopaths can feel guilt. You might be thinking of psychopaths.
>>
it used to be. Now it's /soc/ with a bot. should've come a couple years earlier
>>
>>29352934
OMG JUST LIKE DEXTER OMG OMG LOL THAT'S SO ME XDDDD

>be sociopath
>staying up late
>don't even care if i make my mom cry
>>
>>29353907
you're just plain wrong dude one of the defining traits is lack of a conscience. Google it my man.
>>
>>29353694
>is just a dishonest prick
>thinks there is some brain dysfunction at fault
don't worry most people are just like you sometimes.
>>
>>29353914
Is this satire or are you trying to express happiness that some people are likeminded?
>>
>>29353172

>almost all evil in the world is a result of people unable to control how they feel.

There is no "you" independent from your feelings.
>>
>>29353973
r9k is the classic "little kid pretending to be sociopath" homepage. the dexter meme is one of the oldest things i remember from here. who hasn't gone through a sociopath phase anyway?
>>
>>29354022
Ah, sorry. I misunderstood that it was a joke.

I guess part of what made me misjudge this board would most likely be jokes I misinterpreted as being serious. I don't use the internet all that much so I'm kind of out of the loop on certain online trends.

It's not an 'edgy' phase to some people. I'm currently 37 and generally don't really do anything other than go to work, buy groceries, and learn random skills out of boredom. I don't really interact with people outside of work since it's an alien experience every time.

But don't worry. It is obvious to me now that this is not the place to go for these kinds of things and I wont be bothering you guys anymore.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.