[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mental illness/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: Abilify tbh.jpg (34 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
Abilify tbh.jpg
34 KB, 288x216
Abilify is a fucking godsend.

Sometimes, guys, Psychiatry isn't a meme. I actually feel functional. I feel great. I even applied for a job.

I want to be a better person
>>
Watch out for that tardive dyskinesia bro
>>
good for you. made a dr appt for next month so i can finally get some meds that will cure my social anxiety and depression.
>>
Yeah it's called "adderal"
>>
>>29352319
who here gets the best meds?
>>
>>29352383
Sounds like they'll give you some Lexapro. I was on that for a bit. It's very gentle.

Good luck!

>>29352424
People who get Stims/Benzo scripts. Nah, jk, people who get what they need. OP getting antipsychotics is a great thing.
>>
>>29352319
>tfw abilify has almost completely stopped my hallucinations, greatly reduced my paranoia and allows me to drive again
>gave me such a bad tremor I have to take propranolol every morning so I can shave without slicing my face to pieces or hold a mug of coffee without spilling that shit everywhere

>also taking lithium
>have to get my blood tested every couple of months because I'm at such a high risk for developing liver problems and diabetes because of it (and my shitty family health history)
>worsens the tremor
>but completely eliminated the manic episodes that were ruining my life, and moderates my depressive episodes noticably

>also taking wellbutrin
>gives me the energy to go to work every day, do chores at home and not be a complete fucking failure during depressive episodes
>absolutely 0 negative side effects, helped me quit smoking and weakens my appetite

>>29352424
m8 my meds have saved my life, I argue that anyone else who's benefited from their meds without nightmarish side effects got the best deal.
>>
File: 1465859444097.jpg (59 KB, 844x1219) Image search: [Google]
1465859444097.jpg
59 KB, 844x1219
>tfw you will never be able to afford ketamine therapy for depression
>>
>>29353186
>tfw you want a specific treatment for it just because you saw a youtube video about it once
>>
>>29352319
Abilify is pretty based desu
>>
>>29353304
>>29353186
>tfw kinda want a service dog for my OCD but don't wanna be a M E M E B O Y
>>
>>29352424
I take brintillex for major depressive disorder. I also cond a different doctor into giving me 90 30 mg adderals and 120 2 mg xanaxs a month. I take some of them but sell most to my normie coworkers. Pays my rent every month
>>
File: 1466131570820.jpg (221 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1466131570820.jpg
221 KB, 1500x1500
Abilify works okay for me. But it makes me kind of unable to experience joy. I hate it.

I GOT APPROVED FOR NEET BUX THOUGH. Life is getting better.
>>
>tfw thinking about getting a job soon and going to see a psych for it
I'm already going to tell him or her that SSRIs (citalopram) were disastrous and made me feel crazy on even a low, low dose.

But I don't know what else to expect. I want to push them for beta blockers but I know they don't like being pushed.

Not in2 antipsychotics for the most part but they might honestly help me.

I just need something for the anxiety
>>
>>29354602
So long as you communicate with your psychiatrist that SSRIs are not the answer for you, they WILL find a good alternative, and it will likely be the right one on the first or second try. Take them as they're prescribed, don't miss any doses, and in a couple of weeks you might feel incredibly better.

I had a similar experience where some very incompetent psychiatrists put me on SSRIs when I'm bipolar and they make mania much, much worse. Seeing some better shrinks after that, they put me on antipsychotics and lithium, and it solved the worst of my problems almost immediately.

Anxiety can be tricky to treat without therapy, but the medication should help at least a little bit. Good luck m8.
>>
>>29354602
Propanalol helps. It's not magical or anything, you will still have anxiety. But it might be more bearable. Benzos work the best but they are hard to come by.
>>
On seroquel, effexor, and buspirone.

Seemed to do something at first but now I just feel dead inside and tired all the time.
>>
>>29354334
can you get NEETbux if you've never worked? I thought you had to work a certain amount of time to qualify to social security disability (USA)
>>
>>29355411
I'm in Canada. It's called "Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped". It's living wage for people who can't work and are approved in a year long process. No previous working is required. The amount is similar to what you'd make at mcdonalds or something. Still under poverty line, but I think I'll be able to get my own apartment if I eat beans and rice.
>>
>>29352456
>getting antipsychotics is a great thing.
except for the fucking weight gain
>>
>assburgers gives me a huge interest in field
>assburgers denies me from employment in that field
>assburgers makes me a shitty, worthless person who can't even hold an entry level job

I'm too scared to kill myself. Can I get someone else to do it for me?
>>
>>29355936
>"abilify doesn't have much weight gain"
They lied. Eating the same as before, gained 60 lbs since December.
>>
>>29356020
jesus... that's horrific
>>
>>29356020
were you also taking an antidepressant with it?
>>
>>29355936
Just got on Ability. What's a good way to keep the weight off? I really don't eat that much already.

Or is it futile?
>>
File: 1466221926186-1041625309.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
1466221926186-1041625309.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>29352319
Just went to my pediatrician today (I'm 20). Told him about anxiety/depression. Was diagnosed with depression. I took my first Prozac pill today (10mg). Can someone tell me what I'm in for?
>>
>>29352319

>I LOVE GIVING MYSELF DRUG INDUCED PARKINSON'S DISEASE SYMPTOMS FOR A CONDITION THAT IS LITERALLY ONLY REAL IN MY MIND

wewlad
>>
>>29357653
So what do you suppose I do about my Schizophrenia, anon?
>>
>>29357818
tough it out you unmanly pussyboy. real men don't have mental illnesses because that shits for fags
>>
>>29357862
You're right. I'll go back to being hunted by demons. That's good. Gonna fight 'em, I got some holy water and a contact with the telepathic angel Gabriel.

Thanks senpai
>>
>>29352319
I couldn't cum on abilify
>>
File: 01e.png (44 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
01e.png
44 KB, 200x200
Abilify didn't do shit for me
currently on:
400mg Seroquel
3mg Risperidal
2mg Ativan
still a complete mess, my pdoc doesn't even know wtf is wrong with me.. maybe psychotic depression, maybe schizophenia maybe schizoaffective..
at least I live in canadia and my drugs are free..
good times. +_#
>>
>>29357876
get a load of this loser who still plays pretend with his 8th grade fantasy monsters lmoa
>>
>>29357960
t-thanks anon

m-manhood here I come
>>
>>29357954
Same story here. I call it a new disease called megadepression. Basically it's when your brain and the world around you are so split that it only causes endless torment in the form of depression.

I'm just taking my medications because it helps me stay on the neetbucks.
>>
>>29356534
I'm on abilify and I've lost 40lbs since I've started,

Exercise. Watch what you eat religiously. Pay attention to your appetite. You'll be okay.
>>
Who /Zoloft/ here?

Feels good lads

>>29357862
Sorry but "manning up" solves nothing for men with mental illness. That's the sort of argument narcissistic roastie cunts make.
>>
>>29352319
Any anons ITT have experience with wellbutrin? Started it today and worried about side-effects and whether it will even work at all...

Will my dick stop working? Should it be working on day 1 since it's in the catinone family and as such is a stimulant?
>>
>>29357954
That much ativan knocks me the fuck out. And risperidal? Can I fuck your titties?
>>
>>29356416
Since I started taking SSRIs I've lost weight, don't have much of an appetite and I'm able to go out more. I'm a healthy weight but I piled on a few pounds from overeating when I was depressed and too afraid to go outside.
>>
>>29353393
How do you get 90 addys a month? I used to get 90 day scripts every three months but they wouldn't let me refill a day before the last one was filled.

I just got on britillex today as well. No feeling yet, but I probably fucked it up by taking some edibles tonight. Inm high as fuck
>>
>>29358150

you might notice it, you might not notice it

when i first started using it i couldnt tell its working. now if i take 300mg it feels like a fucked up amphetamine buzz with no euphoria. it doesnt effect your dick and its def noticeable in one day if you take 300

wellbutrin gives you a lot of energy i guess but its like 80% nervous / irritable energy for me. also if youre having problems with sleep its gonna make them way worse because its definitely no substitute for poor quality sleep, youll feel really awful
>>
>>29358110
Easy for you to say. You probably fall in the weight loss category of side effects while others like me fall into the weight gain. Trying hard to lose the 80 lbs I gained and it's not gaining much traction after a month and a half. Thinking of getting off Abilify once and for all even though my doctor believes it's working for me.
>>
>>29358150
Welbutrins pretty legit. It doesn't have many side effects and it can give a little "boost" like a not so strong adderall. Worst side effect I heard of was some people got nightmares, but thats about it.
>>
>>29357954

>400mg Seroquel

How the fuck do you stay awake? I take like 25mg and that shit is like a horse tranquilizer for me.
>>
>>29352383
Have you ever considered trying Marijuana to help? I've heard it works wonders on people with your symptoms
>>
Abilify is fantastic.

Until you have to come off it.

I've been on it for years, but it has finally started to fuck with my liver enough that I need to come off it.

Even taking things slowly, the withdrawals have been the worst month of my life.

Always make sure you get your prescription, never let yourself run out, and if you do need to come off it, take it extremely slowly. Otherwise, it's a fantastic medication with far fewer side effects than most anti-psychotics, in my experience.
>>
>>29358209
Doctor started me at 'the lowest dose available for 4 weeks to make sure I don't have a reaction'... 4 fucking weeks at 75mg twice daily? So far they do nothing, which he actually told me was what he expected.

I got on these because I was suicidal and sought help. Why give me bullshit meds for a month, right?

I took some tramadol and had a reaction that was pretty much shakiness, confusion and wide-eyes, like a dxm comedown.

Anyway he said this would also treat my anxiety when I start taking a proper dose, the nervous energy bit leaves me skeptical.

(Yeah, serious insomnoa. Dumbass doctor insisted they would help sleep. Also said that benzos are basically alcohol and that ritalin is just like caffeine...)
>>
>>29358321
Thanks for the .02, anon. I don't mind nightmares, I just want to straighten my life out and meds seem a good start. :)
>>
>>29358347

Most people I know who have been using marijuana regularly for years have developed some pretty severe depression. they then notice that the only time they are happy is when they are smoking and reason that the marijuana is helping with their depression when it is actually the cause of it.
>>
>>29358376

dont take tramadol with that stuff unless you wanna chance a grand mal seizure

theres basically only two doses anyway. also ive never tried IR only XR

starting off 300 is pretty harsh though. starting off at 150 is a good idea
>>
>>29358420
Must not be abusable. I told him (honesty is important in this stuff, blahblah) about my self-medicating tendencies and occasional recreational use of pills amd he gives me 60 a month right now and said he'd give me stronger pills as soon as he can.

Implied that he'd give me the stronger dose now but that's a career risk or something.

Tl;dr: no abuse potential?
>>
>>29352381
take beta blockers for that then... I hardly got that with those
>>
File: shroomperdal.jpg (16 KB, 206x366) Image search: [Google]
shroomperdal.jpg
16 KB, 206x366
Eat mush, become human
>>
Clinical depression and an anxiety disorder.

I am on 100mg of nortriptyline and trialing 1200mg of gabapentin. The gabapentin isn't working much if at all (for anxiety) and I've only had moderate success with nortriptyline. Not sure what my psychiatrist will recommend next, he said if I don't start seeing some improvement with 1200mg of gabapentin it's probably not going to work out for me. I'll probably end up on benzos or an atypical antipsychotic.
>>
>>29358681
1200 mg of gaba isn't doing it?

I'll take 600 and feel fantastic.
Did it work at first and then tolerance happened?
>>
>>29358150
It's the antidepressant least likely to break your dick. If anything it'll kick your libido into overdrive.
As other people have mentioned, it's liable to give you a noticeable passive energy boost, at the risk of being jittery and majorly fucking up your sleep schedule. I regularly pull allnighters without meaning to.
It's worked way better than any SSRI or SNRI for me.
>>
It'll wear off. The depression lurks below the surface. It's like barbed wire wrapped around your heart; antidepressants remove the teeth, but you still feel the constrictions. You can rid yourself of suicidal thoughts, but you can't fill the lingering emptiness. I don't want to die, but my renewed interest in life faded completely.
>>
Antipsychs are fucking awful and I wouldn't touch them ever again from Haldol to Abilify to Zyprexa. Fuck that noise. I'll stick to benzos, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, weed, and various hallucinogens (i.e. mushrooms.)

t. "schizophrenic"
>>
>>29357862
>>29357960
Sh8 b8 my m8
>>
File: i-know-that-feel.jpg (22 KB, 600x553) Image search: [Google]
i-know-that-feel.jpg
22 KB, 600x553
>>29357876
>>29358003

It's nice to know I'm not the only one, the best remedy I find is to just get comfy as fuck. I've been off psychotropics for six months now and when shit flares up I just look the other way.
>>
>>29359249

Stimulants worsen your fucking symptoms m8, I wouldn't glorify them.

>as I smoke at my desk.
>>
>>29352381
>TD
>atypical neuroleptics

Time to update yourself, armchair psychologist.
>>
>>29358637
>Spend hours wrapped in a blanket hating myself and watching CEVs of things decaying
>>
>>29359394
I'm dipping and playing LoL soooooooooooo
>>
>>29359423
He means dystonia, I'm assuming.
>you're not a doctor either
>it's psychiatry
>>
>>29359423
You can still get it, it's just rarer. Depends on which second gen antipsychotic.

http://schizophreniabulletin.oxfordjournals.org/content/38/1/167.full
>>
File: 2.jpg (99 KB, 853x960) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
99 KB, 853x960
Finally getting in to see a psychiatrist soon after being on a waiting list for months
>>
>>29352319
The greatest endeavor in life is the mastery of self.
I pray these words are not spoken in vain.
>>
Mental illnessfag here. I have social anxiety, depression, anger problems, Autismo abilities and some OCD. never been diagnosed but I'm very sure about the social anxiety. I don't like interacting with people because I get anxious around them and I'm self conscious. Normal faggots tell me to be confident but I tell them I've always been this way. Parents are kind of the same so it's probably genetics. I'm on effexor and it's helped. The meds help tbqh.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.