[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever had fellow autistic friends you could nerd out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: kDRt4Kf.jpg (213 KB, 540x552) Image search: [Google]
kDRt4Kf.jpg
213 KB, 540x552
Have you ever had fellow autistic friends you could nerd out with? How did it go with them as life progressed, and where are they now?
>>
>>29351799

I did, but I stopped being friends with them because it was too much cringe.

I then tried being friends with the popular people, but I fell slightly short. I'd usually be an extra wheel, and occasionally be relevant.

Pretty much all of my school life I was in purgatory. It sucked.
>>
>>29351799
my best friend and I are totally inept retards with sociopathic tendancies and I wouldn't trade him for the cutest trap gf
>>
File: 1462242768948.png (200 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1462242768948.png
200 KB, 800x800
>omg so quirky and weird totally not a normalfag lol
>>
>>29351988
>sociopathic tendencies
No you don't, anon. You just want to feel special and unique somehow.
>>
Remember I use to ditch last period class with this kid Jon over at burrito track. He than started dressing up like a scene kid. that's when I stop hanging out with him.
>>
>>29351799
Was friends with one in the first half of highschool but then I switched schools. Last I heard he went full Mormon (born into the cult) and is on a mission trip right now since that's what all good little mormon boys and girls do after college.

Made friends with another in junior year but thankfully there were plenty of other nonspergs I was friends with as he got caught jacking off in the school's computer lab to harry potter slashfic that involved Hermione and a unicorn.

Through college I had friends who were autists. Thick as thieves freshmen year but we had a woman sperg in the group (think MPDG type, HUGE red flag in hindsight but we were clueless 18 and 19 year olds) who tore things apart with us guys eagerly helping sink our own ship.

After that it was me and one dude hanging while the femsperg went off with another part of the group while another group just wasted away into different nonautismal circles. The guy I was still hanging out with had to leave that next year due to money issues but we still keep in touch. We're both now out of college and live about half a day's drive from each other though.

Don't know about the others. All I can say is I'm quite leery of platonic relationships and for those who are underageb& and here, manic pixie dream girls are a myth that only exists in chinese cartoons and polynesian switchboards
>>
>>29351931
yeah this is pretty much me to a T and why I now have no friends
>>
>>29351988
Damn I know this feelerino
>>
>>29351799
No I haven't. I consider them essentially normies.
>>
File: 1452221778462.png (30 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1452221778462.png
30 KB, 657x527
>>29351799

I didn't have any friends that were autistic. I was always just a fringe element, belonging to no group. Even among the special needs kids.
>>
>>29351799
God damn that it some next level autism right there.
>>
>>29351799

It's cool to nerd out with people who have self-control and self-awareness. Do not hang out with nerds that regularly do things that would end up on Cringe threads.

The cool way to nerd out is video related (me and my cosplay friends and all of us are capable of socializing normally):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH6w9rvosiI
>>
>saved from humiliation because your nerdy days happened before the Internet
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-17-21-16-06.png (196 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-17-21-16-06.png
196 KB, 720x1280
>>29352059
This

ITT, pic related

Reminder that you are not "weird" if you like anime or video games.

The only actually weird kid I could think of from high school wouldn't talk to anyone, but once I saw his music player and it was some Slavic chants kek. People like in op were just normies trying to differentitate
>>
No.

I saw people that were in groups like that, groups of autistic friends.

I don't know if it's that I'm self-aware and they're not or what but they're way to cringey to be around.

It's a worse level of hell because they have friends and bfs and gfs and I am/was just quiet all the time and don't talk to anyone.

People can tell too, the difference between a normie and a sperg and someone like me who just doesn't interact.

It hurts.
>>
>>29354819
>Hurr durr I was too special for a group
>>
when will normies realize they're not quirky for liking anime
>>
>>29353398
holy fuck this is the rarest gondola i have ever seen with my own two eyes
>>
i have no idea, last i saw them was 10 years ago. one i use to play wow with but he traded accounts with someone on the alliance side. i removed my facebook account. i actually think i deleted everyone, i don't remember because of brain injury. my other friend moved but i just talked to him for a few minutes.
>>
>>29354958
>gondola
W-What?
>>
File: 1459902277016.png (20 KB, 736x547) Image search: [Google]
1459902277016.png
20 KB, 736x547
>>29354972
>alliance
he was never a true friend

>>29354992
the mouth
>>
>>29351799
No, I wish I did. Being lonely sucks, and having to pretend you have normal hobbies just to fit in isn't any better.
>>
>be 13 years old
>meet weeb at local comic/gaming shop
>hang out at his house every friday night after playing warhammer there
>we have so much nerd stuff in common, rare in the small town
>he has a computer and I don't
>introduces me to manga, web comics, anime beyond what aired on tv
>we play DDR all the time and talk about Final Fantasy
>He gives me a copy of Ghost in the Shell and says "Don't watch this when your parents are home."
>Get along amazingly
>One day in eighth grade he moves out of town without any warning
>Never hear from him again
>Never have any weeb friends again
I'm jealous of all of the "autists," they must have had a great time sharing that kind of stuff together.
>>
>>29351799
When I was in elementary school I'd get dropped off at a daycare center run by a woman who had a weeaboo son. He read Fruits Basket and had a pretty good collection of manga and would let me hang out in his room and read manga or play Silent Hill. I thought we were friends but I guess he was really just tolerating me politely, since he was in his 20's iirc. He was a really cool guy, surprisingly was super fit from lifting weights and working out. It's a shame I don't remember his name. It'd be nice to meet up with him and watch anime.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.