[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is being a working adult really as miserable as it seems? I start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: MTM2NjQ1MTg3MTU1NDA0Mzgz.png (217 KB, 619x391) Image search: [Google]
MTM2NjQ1MTg3MTU1NDA0Mzgz.png
217 KB, 619x391
Is being a working adult really as miserable as it seems? I start my programming internship at the end of the month and I'm dreading it. I just graduated college and I don't want to work for the rest of my life. Yeah, you get money, but you have no free time to spend it on anything but bills and food. And the monotony of a M-F 9-5 is killer, but I'm too lazy for manual labor and it's better than customer service I guess.

At this point I'm praying to get hit by a city bus so I can either die or collect a fat settlement.
>>
>>29351129

whatever you do, don't become NEET. Nobody will hire you and you won't have a choice but to be poor.

I've found moderate manual labor (landscaper) to be the least draining of all forms of work.
>>
Just try your best to escape the working life. Google 'early retirement extreme' and 'money moustache'
>>
>>29351129
It can be, but most people enjoy their work. I know I love my job.
>>
>>29351129
>No free time to spend it
....you need 12 hours a day to do something?
>>
File: 1382728757646.jpg (77 KB, 637x685) Image search: [Google]
1382728757646.jpg
77 KB, 637x685
>>29351306
>most people enjoy their work.

You're joking, right?

The vast majority of the population wants to die when they wake up for work.

I'm starting my wageslavery this coming Monday in the most boring shit imaginable
>>
>>29351378
>Durrr kill me I have to work!
No.
>>
>>29351330
8-9 hours spent working, not counting
- commuting
- eating
- bathing/cleaning/general maintenance

leaves me with MAYBE 4 hours (if i'm LUCKY) of free time to dick around M-F.
>>
>>29351555
you already waste your "dicking around time" here. you are better off just working as you have no clue how to manage free time.
>>
>>29351555
What the fuck are you trying to do buddy? Maybe you should manage your time better. I work 70 hours a week and still manage to go to the gym, go fishing, cook, and post on this sped board.
>>
>>29351129

Protip: you've already been doing this your entire life. It isn't that bad
>>
>>29351129
Working in an office is fun.
>>
>>29351129
Yes if it's something you don't truly enjoy. You pretty much have to work until you die these days if you're not good with saving and investing and being content to live frugally like a grad student.
>>
>>29351129
There are people who are convinced their lives are the worst and will all sorts of mental gymnastics to prove it

Doctor on 250,000 a year vs IT professional post IT crash working at a supermarket for 25k a year
>oh, you can't get a job in your field? stop being so entitled! when i graduated i didn't even have a choice, they just sent me to a hospital on barely 50k
>i wish i didn't have to start work until 5 at night, i'd get so much done with the day, you just waste all your free time, you are so lucky to have that time
>reskilling? i wish i could do that, but now i'm stuck in medicine
>you're so lucky you can take a month off work, if i could do that i'd travel to Italia!
I've been taken off the roster for budget reasons on the slow season, i can't afford an overseas trip and i'm actual;ly fighting to keep my job right now
>oh yes you can, you just need to learn how to save money properly like me, they can't legally just not give you any work
yes they can
>no they can't, trust me, i know these things

she literally spends more money eating out than I earn every year. I was going to spend a few weeks overseas and budgeted a cheat asia trip but work told me if i used my time off i am legally entitled to they would fire me, she casually spent more than my 4 week budget on plane tickets alone for a 3 day trip to a 5 star hotel in Thailand.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.