[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you fags own a fish tank? I'm looking to get into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: tropical tank.jpg (92 KB, 600x313) Image search: [Google]
tropical tank.jpg
92 KB, 600x313
Do any of you fags own a fish tank? I'm looking to get into this hobby since I have nothing else to do with my time.

I only ask because I have some questions about Red Claw Crabs, and I'm hoping that someone here might be able to answer them. I don't think the normalfags would understand what I want to do with them.
>>
I used to
tropical fresh water, p cool
>>
>>29346380
What do you want to do with the crabs anon?
>>
>>29346406
I heard that Red Claw Crabs are highly territorial, and will fight to the death.

I want to get two male crabs and drop them in a half-submerged tank, giving each male crab one side of the tank for themselves.

Then, after a few days, I'm going to drop in one female crab in the middle and see if they'll fight to the death for the right to have sex. The winner gets to have crab babies and pass on his genes, the loser dies and will be eaten by the tetras.
>>
>>29346380
I have a big tropical aquarium. 250 liters but now it's only half full and only one fish is left because I'm too lazy to feed them
>>
>>29346460
Did they all eat each other's corpses?
>>
>>29346528
Yeah the little catfish ate all the dead ones he died like a week ago and is just rotting. The last survivor is a leopard bush fish, he's my favorite I don't want him to die
>>
>>29346932
Then don't be a dumbass and at least try to feed him every day.
>>
I know and keep a shit ton of freshwater fish. I know a little about crabs too. What are your concerns? Also how many gallons is your tank? I will tell you now to buy a water test kit whenever possible because most problems are solved by testing and changing your water.
>>
>>29347391
I already have a water test kit ready, and I'm getting together the other pieces and equipment I'll need for my tank.

The tank's not the problem I just want to know what will happen with the crabs as I mentioned in >>29346445 this post
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.