[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>set weight loss goal to lose 65lbs and get to 150lbs >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1464944271687.png (32 KB, 766x758) Image search: [Google]
1464944271687.png
32 KB, 766x758
>set weight loss goal to lose 65lbs and get to 150lbs
>tfw plateauing at 180lbs right now

feels bad man.
>>
>>29345773
what did you start at and whats your starting weight?
>>
>>29345773
180 is fine unless you're a manlet.
>>
>>29345784
im sorry, what did you start with your calories*
>>
>>29345773
You shouldn't make weight loss goals. You should make it a part time job to work out 4 times a week for the rest of your life.
>>
>>29345805
I'm 5'7

>>29345818
>>29345784
I don't calorie count, but I stick to small portions for meals. For breakfast I supllement it for a protein shake with almond milk. I've started to do a morning run in the morning and I've been hungier recently throughout the day tho.
>>
>>29345901
start calorie counting then, its the best way
>>
>>29345901
You shouldn't use protein shakes if you're trying to lose weight you'll only end up getting fatter. Just drink water. Don't eat smaller portions just make sure what you eat is healthly. No fried or greasy foods.
>>
>>29345901
>protein shake
Nigga those are for lifters looking to GAIN mass. Just do what >>29345929 says and start counting calories. It's not that hard.
>>
>>29345960
eating healthy doesnt make a difference if the portions are nigger cock size. cut down on the size and keep walking/running and itll help.
>>
>>29346029
Not really, that's high-calorie protein shakes. Regular protein powder is great for maintaining muscle mass while losing body fat. Fat people tend to be pretty fucking muscular underneath the fat because they constantly carry around god knows how many extra pounds in fat, and if you eat a high protein diet while losing weight you can skip leg day for the next thirty years.
>>
>tfw no 5'10 170lb chubby bf
>>
>>29345773
Take out the carbs of your life mate. If you are in a nice place, take walks from time to time.
I never got fat but used to eat candy instead of fruit. Now I only eat fruit and candy tastes awful because my body isn't used to it.
I also started becoming mostly vegetarian eating only chicken and fish, some time ago I took cow meat - it was disgusting.
Same with salty food, salt disgust me also now.

I know for some folks this might sound like a horror story but it makes me feel good. It helps to keep the depression at bay.

Note also that fat ain't bad as long as it is from fish (not fried) and nuts.

I wish you good luck my man.
>>
>>29346149
>cut out the carbs

How about no, just aim for high protein/medium carb/low fat (but not 0, fat is very important) diet. Keto is bad for your bones and carbs are a great source of energy.

Also meme diets don't tend to work out in the long run, it has to be a sustainable diet. You need to change your entire lifestyle, not just stick to some fad until you're at your target weight.
>>
>150lbs
>wanting to be a stick

180 is good, just start building up muscle now.
>>
>>29346246
If he starts building muscle at 180 by the time he reaches intermediate status he will be fat as fuck. He should be lifting while losing weight until he has visible abs and only then should he focus just on building muscle.
>>
>>29346215
I did not imply keto, whatever that is. With carbs I meant wheat and rice. Fruit, nuts and legumes have all the carbs that ya want. Oatmeal is good too.

But sure the book that I've read by a doctor was more about longterm health and longitivity. If ya are looking to bulk up it might not be the best advice. It will get you to lose weight though.
>>
>>29346382
A ketogenic diet is a very low-carb diet initially meant to treat seizures that works for weight loss.

And yeah, cutting back on bread is probably a good call for msot people, you don't have to eliminate it entirely, just don't eat ten slices of bread per day.

Also, if you're looking to gain muscle you have to eat carbs or it's going to take forever, and be very careful with nuts. They tend to be very high in fat (albeit good fats) and as such, high in calories.
>>
File: 1455383055065.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455383055065.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
>trying to lose weight and not work out
>still drinks protein shakes
I swear this board is a gold mine for asinine actions. its no wonder your not losing weight man.
>>
>>29347197
A scoop of protein powder is around a hundred calories, combine that with some spinach (negligible amount of calories) some milk (around 100 calories for 300ml), a banana (around 100cal) and a source of fat (dessicated coconut or peanut butter for around 50 kcal) and you've got a 350 kcal breakfast.

Protein shakes are fine if you want to maintain muscle, even if you're losing weight. They're a great source of protein if you want to lose weight by lifting.
>>
>>29347123
Ok man thanks for the quality comment. It also depends on the type of bread, the type of stuff they put hamburgers on is basically sugar.
>>
>>29347539
I'm not an American and i don't know what they put in bread over there, but if you're trying to eat healthy avoid white bread and eat darker bread, whole grain if possible.

Or you can bake your own bread, that way you can control exactly what goes in it. It's surprisingly easy, especially if you have a bread baking machine.
>>
>>29347606
Not American either. Also note that I'm not the one with fat problems. I could actually use some extra muscle mass on my shoulders, arms and chest.
>>
>>29347781
Yeah i know you're not the fat one, it was just information for anyone that's interested.

Better start doing deadlifts if you want arm/shoulder muscles.
>>
File: 1456339775677.jpg (24 KB, 480x516) Image search: [Google]
1456339775677.jpg
24 KB, 480x516
Hey m8. I started at 180 and used intermittent fasting to go get to 160 now.
You will plateau every other week sometimes.
It took you years to put on the weight, expect it to take time to get it off.
Also did weightlifting and cardio daily.
You can do it baby gorilla.
>>
>>29347197
25g protein scoop is 110 Calories, dumbass. The protein shake itself won't make you fat.

Mix it with water or almond milk if you're trying to lose weight. Mix it with cow's milk, oats, and a fuckload of peanut butter if you want to gain weight.
>>
>>29348058
I would not recommend cow milk for health reasons. It is not good for your digestive system.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.