[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what adventures have you been on this week?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11
File: 2016-06-09-lucid.png (100 KB, 750x575) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-09-lucid.png
100 KB, 750x575
So what adventures have you been on this week?
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 579x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 579x506
>>29345221
How do you lucid dream? I never got one, they're all nightmares.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 320x240
I've never had a lucid dream before, but I'll say what my dream was about last night. All I remember from the dream was the end, I dreamt that I had a newborn child, I think it was a boy. I remember my father holding (presumably) him, in his arms. Then I woke up.
>>
>was with some tribe of natives
>this guy had white paste in a huge bowl and smeared it all over his mouth, gave me this huge grin while he did so
>this lady walked up to me and gave me a bunch of leaves
>suddenly I'm watching a zerg larva split in half like its shedding itself and it makes this unbearable crackling noise for what seems like hours
>wake up
>>
>>29345447
Oh and apparently I came in my pants irl but I'm not sure why
>>
>>29345221
I dreamt that Riley Reid was giving this impression of being well adjusted and happy with her life. And I was looking through her images on a social media site, and I found a picture of her crying and shooting heroin under her nails.

The picture stayed with me for hours after, even awake. Was disgusting desu.

>tfw taking sleeping pills with melatonin and getting really strange, vivid dreams.
>>
I've never had wet lucid dreams. The few times it happened I was too overwhelmed by the situation to think of such a thing, longest I managed was maybe a few minutes, though of course it's hard to estimate time in a dream.
>>
File: 1432006948096.jpg (102 KB, 514x658) Image search: [Google]
1432006948096.jpg
102 KB, 514x658
Last night I had the first lucid dream I could remember in a long time that didn't turn into a horrific nightmare.

>at Disneyworld with my family
>no one is arguing, nothing is going wrong, realize I must be dreaming
>make sure we get separated, my parents want to see a show and my sister and I want to go to the haunted house
>it's Halloween so everyone is in costume
>have an amazing time going on a bunch of rides, bonding with my little sister, everything is perfect
>we head towards the other end of the park to meet up with my parents when real monsters and ghosts start appearing
>my sister is terrified, tries dragging me out of the park
>I start singing the Ghostbuster's theme song as loudly as I can, pull out a gun from nowhere and shoot down all of the ghosts
>wake up
>>
File: image.jpg (296 KB, 1050x1250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296 KB, 1050x1250
>>29345829
IF THERE'S SOMETHING STRANGE
IN YO NEIGHBORHOOD
>>
File: 1461199205209.png (70 KB, 155x217) Image search: [Google]
1461199205209.png
70 KB, 155x217
I actually had a lucid dream last night, which is strange because this one was fully controlled.
Normally something in my dream triggers them, but the dream began and I was fully lucid
I was pushing off of the ground and my hand was missing a few fingers for some reason, then once I regained more control, I stood up and was about to enter a house that I was apparently on the stairs of
I grabbed the doorknob then thought to myself "Wait, I don't have to follow the dream storyline"
So I turned around and looked up towards the sky and tried t fly
It didnt work at first, initially I just took a big jump, but then I did that control exercise by spinning around, and boom, I was flying.

Felt pretty great for something so uneventful
>>
>>29346532
>spinning around
Damn son I gotta try this
I have trouble flying in dreams too, wings never work
Always end up using a jetpack or turning into a bird but it's clunky
>>
File: sgream.jpg (129 KB, 750x958) Image search: [Google]
sgream.jpg
129 KB, 750x958
I can intentionally drift into a lucid dream (be awake -> close eyes -> think of a scenery -> I go to that scenery in a dream) when I'm hungover. They're pretty weak though and usually I just wake up because trying to move in the dream actually moves my IRL bodypart instead. I can repeat it for as long as I don't get up from bed. This makes my alcoholism worse (or better?) because it's very enjoyable.
>>
File: shit.jpg (8 KB, 152x236) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
8 KB, 152x236
>>29346571
Yeah, the stabilization methods are kind of cringey, but they work.
Spinning strangely helps lucidity, and then the other method that works (yet I feel retarded when I use it) is shouting "Stabilize"

Doing both at the same time you become an autistic lucid dreaming master
>>
>>29346636
Aw man something like this happens to me too
It's not really dreaming because I'm half awake, but its like my mind is talking to itself in images

>end up shitposting on dream9k with myself every time
>>
I have been trying to lucid dream for over a month now, what the fuck am I doing wrong.
>>
>>29346699
Dem dubs.

Have you been doing reality checks?
Do you have a dream journal?
How often do you dream a week?
>>
>>29346715
>Have you been doing reality checks?
I have been looking at my hands for several minutes at least 6-7 times each day and look around the place I'm in to see if there is something odd, I preplan my next day everynight so that if I do something other than what I planned I can call it out but I just don't do it in my dreams.
>Do you have a dream journal?
Yes, there's like 40 entries. I had another one that was longer from a year ago but I lost my hardrive. Even then I can remember some dreams from then.
>How often do you dream a week?
Every god damn day, and they are always fucking Shakesperian novels in terms of plot I could make a book out of each one. I only forget a dream if I don't immediatly write it down.

And the worst thing is, I should be calling out incosistencies. 3 weeks ago I marathoned Stargate SG1 and now things from the show keep popping up in my dreams, even after now that I finished watching it.
>>
>>29346699
Biggest tips are to go to sleep slowly (ease your conscious mind into it) and look for signs. Never casually accept impossibilities, once you notice something is impossible it should click that you're dreaming. That's tough when you're dreaming and it's not a part of the dream narrative, but if you train yourself to do it by imagining scenarios where you would and through other dreams it can become second nature. It snowballs from there.
>>
>>29345384
Sounds familiar my dude
>>
>>29346788
Your problem is that you're not actually keeping a dream journal.

Actually write it. It helps better than typing

Another good reality check is pinching your nose and closing your mouth. Try breathing.

Also, take note, mirrors in dreams don't work, and light switches that you flick can teleport you.

If you want to change scenes, don't force it, just find a door and leave to a place you want to be.
>>
>>29346788
hm, you are doing the right steps

Before you go to sleep you should read through your journal, and then try to think about that while falling asleep.
Maybe you should change your reality check, in dreams flipping a light switch doesnt do anything, you could test that in real life
What I do is question myself during the day based on my dreamsigns which are generally related to certain specific places and people, then I try to push my thumb through my other had
In the dream my thumb goes straight through my hand and I become lucid, but that's jst what works for me, so if you want to keep testing your hands, keep going
>>
>>29346856
>light switches teleport you

huh, I didn't know that, I though they did nothing ni dreams
>>
Went to class on Tuesday then picked up some groceries haven't left my apartment since.
>>
>>29346856
Also, if you want to gain powers or morph your body, don't command the dream, just believe what you want is what you have/are. Forcing it can prematurely end your dream.

Forcing your thoughts wakes you up.

A good tip is to take a shower after making yourself sleep for 20 minutes qnd waking up(time it with a clock or get someone to spot you), then trying to go back to sleep. This induces my lucid dreams the easiest.
>>
>>29346863
Another good one is to try running
In dreams I always run very slowly, don't know about anyone else
>>
>>29346908
Try to imagine yourself being propelled forward by strong winds instead of running.

Flying is so much better
>>
File: 1423488511104.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1423488511104.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>29346316
kek'd
it was exactly like that man
I woke up laughing
>>
>>29347014
That's a good one
I usually leap and bound like a kangaroo but that seems more effective
>>
>>29347091
Imagine that you're flapping your arms to go up.
The winds can be dangerous if you don't think you can control them, so if you need to, like any other power given to you in a dream, think of something like "if I snap my fingers, I can control the wind!"
Imagining yourself as lighter if you feel heavy also works to float

I usually do weird things like "if I jump backwards, I'll be in a chair" or similar.

Most willing of things are easier if you "go with the flow" and truly believe that if you do something, it will happen.

Like checking under your darkened bed to find a slender naked shadow man who proceeds to grab you, because you had a hunch that a monster was under there
>>
>>29347289
Oh yeah definitely
In dreams there's a huge difference between making something happen and wanting for something to happen

If I try to express things verbally or conceptually it usually fizzles out, but if I "just do it" it works fine.
>>
>>29347348
And also if you think you'll fail you will because even that is an unconscious act of will that will be expressed
>>
>>29347378
Exactly. So make sure it's a simple action that requires as little effort and thinking on your part as possible to avoid doubt before it happens.

Like swallowing a pill to give yourself wings.
>>
File: 1466008910499.jpg (102 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1466008910499.jpg
102 KB, 258x245
Sweet dreams, /robot/s.

Try not to have dark dreams
>>
>>29345253
I had a lucid dream.

I flew up in the air, landed in some place. And I was trying to figure out what to do next until one of my cats made a noise and woke me up like a little cunt she is.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.