[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Balding thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: JUST.jpg (30 KB, 630x418) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
30 KB, 630x418
Any methods how to prevent balding? I know from my family scripts that most men from my father's side have nice hairline till 30 and after that it's quick fall to full baldhead. I know this will be my fate too, so I need to prepare. Currently got 8-10 remaining years of nice hair, so probably have enough time to start some experiment prevention. Did something help you? If so, share your stories fellow robots.
>>
>>29345080
>Any methods how to prevent balding
Finasteride is the only way to prevent balding
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Management_of_hair_loss

Why do people with shit hair even decide to breed?
>>
>>29345107
>Finasteride
holy shit that sounds good, does it have side effects? cant google shit now
>>
>>29345080
I think it's called minoxidil.
Works wonders but have to be consistent.
>>
>>29345173
It has side effects that vary greatly. Some people never get any, some people get a ton. Everything has side effects.
Keep in mind once it stops the balding will come back after a decade(sometimes more).
>>
>>29345173
It causes even more depression, and may cause erectile dysfunction as well. Have fun.
>>
>>29345218
I didn't get any sides. Most people don't get any sides.
>>
>>29345266
did finasteride help you?
>>
>>29345332

hasn't done much yet

that said I've only been taking it for 4 and a half months now
>>
File: 1465953842090.jpg (65 KB, 480x609) Image search: [Google]
1465953842090.jpg
65 KB, 480x609
>>29345266
It's the fucking fin shill again. He has to have a fucking keyword search for balding on here because he always posts and says how great finasteride is. Nevermind the fact that there's websites made for guys in their 20s who's lives are ruined because of fin and Propecia from developing ED. That shit doesn't magically go away after quitting the medicine, just your hair. Put your name tag back on Zac.
>>
>>29345118
I dunno, I won't have kids. The only reason I exist is because my stupid roastie mother carried all the bad genes I have onto me balding one of many). Women are the main causes of genetic problems, because they get to breed no matter what.
>>
File: unimpressed.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>29345562
it's the evil baldcuck who wants everyone to be bald like him again
>>
>>29345080
if you have male pattern baldness dont fight it, if it gets too bad just shave ur fucking head... im done at 27yo
>>
File: baldwojak.jpg (76 KB, 531x580) Image search: [Google]
baldwojak.jpg
76 KB, 531x580
>>29345080
>>29345107

Use all the big three.

Finasteride is the most effective. But it works even better when you combine it with minoxidil and nizoral.

I've been using all three for around a year now and I haven't lost more hair, a little bit that I had lost grew back.

You cannot cure baldness when you are already bald but you can prevent it from occurring.
>>
>>29345634
Same age, still fighting, when did you decide to shave?
>>
>>29345638
I started minox when a bald spot appeared on the back crown of my head, will it regrow?
>>
>>29345659
no, what lost is lost, you won't gain more hair unless you get transplant
>>
>>29345659

Maybe.

The hair follicle doesn't die until a few months after the last hair drops out so there is still hope if you started using it soon afterwards.
>>
>>29345641
my hairline is pretty high, thin hair at scalp, little bald spot at top, fuck it... looks like im ill, better to just shave it
>>
>tfw going to take fin
>not sure if even possible for me to get more depressed
>wouldn't really mind growing cute boytits
>>
>tfw balding caused me to have a full blown panic attack
>tfw I realized I was hiding behind my long hair, and as soon as I chopped it off, I was faced with the brutal reality that I'm an ugly, out of shape freak

Been about two months since I cut my hair off, but god damn am I ugly. Everytime I see someone, they ask if I'm going to grow my hair back. When it's someone I don't know too well, they tell me "you look different." They don't say "you look better" or "wow you clean up well!", just "you look different."
>>
>>29345719
fucking normie, nobody sees me
>>
>>29345638

I was told to wait at least ten months on fin before taking minox to see what fin can save before having to rely on minox.
>>
>>29345745
>being seen by people now qualifies as a normie trait

k
>>
I've resorted to minox and wearing some kind of hat everyday. Hats look stupid on me but my hair is worse. There is no winning, I miss my beautiful long hair
>>
File: 1442985680976.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1442985680976.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>>29345080
>>29345634
>>29345641
>>29345638
>tfw started balding at 17
>had to go thorugh 2 years of high school as the only bald guy there.
>girls would openly laugh at me
>guys would yell "hey baldie!" and expect me to turn around
>i wasn't showing any sings of them getting to me, i was just acting like i don't give a fuck
Oh anons but i did, contemplating suicide was a daily thing for me. I'm not even joking if i'd live in the US i'd shoot up that fucking school. In my last year i started using minoxidil and special shampoo. It kinda worked, my hair stopped falling out and when i started to grew it about 3 months ago i saw new hair coming out. >inb4 shave it
Nigger i've been bald for 2 years in the time when looks is one of the most important factor for you. I fucking hate being bald i don't care if i look like a cuck or man in his 40s even though i'm 19. I will NEVER go back to being bald, it's a curse. I'd rather weight 400 killos than be bald since i can always lose weight but getting your hairline back is nearly impossible and costly and EVEN if'd have a hair transplant it will never look like natural hair. The best thing you can do is to take care of your hair from the start, use special shampoos, conditioners etc. It will buy you some time.
>>
File: 1465306752049.jpg (57 KB, 498x476) Image search: [Google]
1465306752049.jpg
57 KB, 498x476
>tfw my hairline is shit
>>
>>29346794

Sorry mate but you're probably just ugly. Went bald when I was 18 and literally never been single since, currently fucking 3 different girls and will probably dump one soon.
>>
>>29347264
whats your secret dude?

inb4 3 girls and browsing /r9k/
>>
I've been on Finasteride for years but I'm worried I'm not actually balding, and that my mature hairline is just unfortunately high and thin. What if I'm fucking with my health for nothing?
>>
>>29345080

Finstasteride is the only drug that works. Minoxidil is annoying and you will lose anything you gain from it the second you stop using

Finasteride doesn't grow hair for 99% of people that use it, it just halts the balding process

Some experience side effects. I did not have any bad ones, except morning boners are gone and cum is a little watery

I had a very high T level before I started using (why I was going bald) so that probably helped with the side effects. If you are already low T you will have a bad time on it

I do feel slightly weaker. Working out is not as easy. So make a judgement call for yourself, do you look better swole and shaved, or skinny with hair?

I order mine from India. It's about $150 for a year's supply, which is a good deal.

If there is a Costco near you I hear they sell American generic versions for only $15 a month, which is almost as cheap as indian and safer

baldtalktruth forums are a good place to commiserate, but it's sometimes more desperate and pathetic than /r9k/

Avoid the "natural" or experimental cures. They fuck you up worse than any drugs or do nothing

The shampoo called "Regenepure" has an anti-dandruff ingredient that might help, called Ketoconazole. It is a little pricey and probably only helps the smallest amount. But better than minox IMHO

A lot of people do all three of the above

Other free options are: No Shampoo method. Might be good. I do this. It's free so, who cares.

Another is a boar's hair brush. The idea is to stimulate your scalp by brushing pretty hard. Most people think this is BS but some swear by it. Costs $15 for a brush that will last a decade, so I do that too.

I only take a half-dose of finasteride. 0.5mg. Not really intentionally, I just forget to take it a lot. The effect of the drug lasts for days so skipping isn't a big deal

I am only sorta balding, but have a high hairline and like my hair long so I'm taking precautions. Fin might only *slow* hair loss if you case is severe
>>
>>29345562
>It's the fucking fin shill again.

Fin has been generic for years now. There is no finasteride shilling. It's off-patent to dozens (or more) companies are producing it around the world

>>29345612

I had kids on finasteride. A lot of people do. There is SLIGHT chance it is bad for the fetus after your wife is pregnant, so no cumming inside until after the kid comes out. If there is any affect, it's certainly minimal compared to the environmental toxins that we are swimming in
>>
>>29345612

Also, with fin you can quit for a month or even a year. Unlike minox, all your gainz won't fall out suddenly. You'll just start to slowly go bald again.

Sperm quality normalizes in a few months after going off of it.
>>
Apple cider vinegar.
Has to be organic and unfiltered
Mix about 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water
When you take a shower, work it into your scalp after you've washed your hair
Clean off the rest of your body, then rinse out your hair as the last thing you do before getting out of the shower
Don't cheap out on the vinegar, it has to be unfiltered, organic or you might as well not bother trying.
You can also use finisteride and a hair loss shampoo
>>
>>29345173
That shit works by inhibiting some of your testosterone production
The worst side affect that you could get is loss of sex drive and/or erectile dysfunction
For me. The whole reason I'd want to take it is for my look for girls. But if I can't rise to the occasion, then idgaf about my hair
Also, most girls don't give a shit about your hair.
>>
>>29345218
>my cause gynecomastia and erectile dysfunction

fuck me, I already have does and I don't take any medication

can someone just shoot me already...
>>
File: rat3.jpg (151 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
rat3.jpg
151 KB, 1632x1224
>>29345080
Praying to rato has been scientifically proven to reduce baldness by 23%.
>>
>tfw low test

feels good man
>>
>>29349143
>That shit works by inhibiting some of your testosterone production
>The worst side affect that you could get is loss of sex drive and/or erectile dysfunction

It inhibits the conversion of T to DHT

DHT is a sex hormone. It probably helps build muscle, but there are a lot of dudes on bodybuilding.com forums who take fin to bulk WHILE their T levels are through the roof
>>
I started thinning in march, temples are receeded but frontline is normal. will fin grow it back?
>>
>>29349143
I LIKE BOOOIIIS BTW
THEY DEFINITELY CARE ABOUT HAIR
>>
File: baldy.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
baldy.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>>29345080
>tfw the top of my head is always colder, or getting more of a suntan, than the rest of my head.

I'm 31 though so I can't really complain, I ad friends who already had a worse hairline back in high school than me now.
>>
>>29350493
Also because of the shitty dark lighting there my hair looks much fuller than it really is. I can barely do a comb-back to mask it but don't really bother. Luckily I'm tall enough that most people rarely see the top of my balding head.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.