[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silent Hill 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: silenthillhajimaruyo.jpg (581 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
silenthillhajimaruyo.jpg
581 KB, 1280x960
Thanks for suggesting I play Silent Hill 2, Comfy Silent Hill Thread Poster!

I bought a copy and finished it for the first time today, and I'm really glad I didn't just watch a playthrough; playing it was a special sort of terrifying and emotionally disturbing experience that would not have been properly replicated as a video of any sort.
>>
>>29344499
I'm halfway through the game, but haven't played it in at least two years. Same goes for SH4 which I actually liked more.
>>
>>29344518

I'm not a huge fan of feeling scared, so I'm not sure if I'll play the other games or not. I played SH4 years and years ago (over a decade by now), and remember it being pretty cool, but I've read about how tedious the inventory bullshit gets later on, and part of the reason I don't play games like REmake is because I fucking hate having to work around such a limited inventory; it's so tedious and frustrating.
>>
>>29344499
> tfw when silent hill will never be replicated because everyone just wants to know where's the jumpscare
> even as good as pt was, it will never have that quiet horror that comes from hearing a repetitive low droning sound in a dingy dark apartment
>>
Haven't played it since it came out, still remember a lot of the tracks very well tho. Great atmosphere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zlPtpUZ8uQ
>>
File: 1416400450937.jpg (198 KB, 717x538) Image search: [Google]
1416400450937.jpg
198 KB, 717x538
>>29344910

Seriously, the sound design for Silent Hill 2 is possibly the best in a video game ever. Heading down into the Toluca Prison was fucking horrifying, due to the noise alone.

I can see why so many people consider Silent Hill 2 one of the few games worthy of being called true art. It only properly works as a video game, it doesn't use its mechanics for simple hedonic pleasure, and actually has several consistent and complex layers to the story.

Also, the atmosphere is unbeatable. The game made me feel terrified, but it also made me feel very depressed, which is quite a feat for a game.
>>
>ywn turn the lights out and marathon Silent Hill games with a qt robot
>ywn hear a qt robot's girly screams when he gets jumpscared
>qt anon will never sit up closer to you and hold your arm during those creepy ambient dread moments
>>
>>29345063

>ywn pound a cutie robot's asspussy as you play the game, taking the sexual thematic layer to the next level by being terrified, aroused and disgusted all at once.
>>
>>29344499
I also finished recently, which ending did you get? What did you think of the sub scenario?

I'm now trying to get started on silent hill 3 and i have it installed but im having a hard time getting it widescreen and my controller(dualshock 3) is not working well. Could any robot assist in this regard?
>>
>>29344910
have you seen the footage of Resident Evil 7?
>>
anyone have a a MEGA link to the soundtracks?
>>
>>29345508

I got the "In Water" ending, which apparently implies I'm suicidal.

But, I mean, I was trying to conserve items as much as possible so I know I'd be able to finish it! That's why I ran around so much and was hesitant to use health items until I absolutely needed them!

Though it was still pretty accurate with regard to my overall psyche

Haven't played the sub scenario yet, going to probably play through it tomorrow.
>>
Anyone else finds Silent Hill 2 the most depressing game ever?
>>
>>29346211

It's depressing as fuck. Can't think of an game nearly as depressing.
>>
>>29345530
Capcom could never even dream of making a game even close to replicating Silent Hill. Kill yourself.
>>
Getting real tired of this guy shilling his damn threads here.....

........he is even posting to himself now.
>>
>>29347280
>Shilling an old PS2 game

I don't see the logic here. I think you're probably a teenager who just recently learned the word "shill" and apply it to everything you don't like. I like when OP makes these threads. Don't like it? Hide the thread.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.