[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got my wisdom teeth removed, anybody got stories when they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 5
File: tooth2.jpg (135 KB, 493x335) Image search: [Google]
tooth2.jpg
135 KB, 493x335
Just got my wisdom teeth removed, anybody got stories when they went through it?
>>
Didn't need my painkillers so I waited until they healed to binge on them. What a shitty weekend that was. Wish I just sold em.
>>
>>29342948
I really need to get mine removed but don't have it in me to make the appointment, I can see the black cavity grow in one of them.
>>
man, i'm a tooth normie. all i've ever had were cavities. my wisdom teeth have yet to give me trouble
>>
File: 1460638721302.png (92 KB, 409x406) Image search: [Google]
1460638721302.png
92 KB, 409x406
>>29342948

It's the after-effect of the operation that is always so annoying.

>that jaw-lock

Luckily surgeon said that there isn't need to remove my upper jaw wisdom teeth unless they become an issue like my bottom jaw's wisdom teeth.
>>
>>29342972
I had cavities on all of them and one was on its way to impacting my molar. So, it was obvious to get em out asap.
>>
>>29342948

I was so stoned from the anaesthesia that I couldn't form words or walk for 2 days.

All I vividly remember was waking up, trying to walk out and fell into the waiting room chairs.
>>
>>29342989
where is that picture everyone keeps posting from?
>>
>>29342948
I was living in Bend, Oregon. I had moved out of a sober home and into a new house rental, like a log cabin and figured I might as well get it over with since my dentist told me to get them removed when I was 17 and now I was 21 and on my own. Plus delicious pills. I lied about having an addiction history and refused the ketamine, so they gave me midazolam, fentanyl, and propofol, an oral surgeon did it with a nurse helping him, and I woke up in the middle of surgery and I wanted to scream but couldn't because I couldn't move and there was a mouthguard in. They were sawing at bone and it didn't hurt so I tried to signal for more meds and they clearly gave me more fentanyl not propofol (which makes u sleep) and so I was RELALY high on pain feeling for like 6 hours. And I went to a bar and had like an iced tea and they got dry socket cuz I ate soft food pretty early on and I ran out of vicodin and wanted more and they wouldn't let me. I was a huge mess.
>>
>>29343064
Haha, i don't know if its because i get drunk regularly but i was able to control myself to the car without my mom holding onto my arm.
>>
>>29343079
OP here, it's reimu from touhou
>>
>>29342948
Got mine removed in like 95. It was horrible. Only 2 days off from school. And it's the reason I got hooked on pain killers
>>
>>29343085
Extremely sorry to here that, hopefully everything is all better now
>>
File: cro magnon.jpg (27 KB, 597x500) Image search: [Google]
cro magnon.jpg
27 KB, 597x500
>needing to get them removed
No wonder you fail at life
>>
>>29343133
Oh and to anyone getting their wisdom teeth out I would specifically advise asking for benzonatate/Tessalon Perles (generic/brand) 200mg. They helped my pain in a way Vicodin didn't. They are a local anesthetic similar to lidocaine taken orally as a gelcap intended to treat coughs but they also work well for gum pain if your teeth were impacted.
>>
>>29343224
Thanks for the suggestion!
>>
>>29343161
Yeah it was just a weird experience because it was the last time I was hanging out with my best friend who I really liked but he was straight and I was too into him sexually as a gay guy to be friends with him so I made it weird and he stopped talking to me shortly before I had the surgery and he was supposed to drive me to the doctor and back (they made u sign a paper saying u wouldn't drive yourself) and I befriended this kid from the Community College who was in their logging program because I needed someone to drive me home from surgery and my best friend stopped talking to me because his gf told him to which sucked.
>>
>>29343247
Yeah you can take it instead of Opiates and just use Ibuprofen or Aspirin and Benzonatate, it should be the standard protocol imho except for people who really get bad pain without opiates.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 637x677) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 637x677
that one faggot that cried for days after his wisdom tooth was removed kek
>>
So many pussies ITT

>be 2 weeks ago
>removed top wisdom tooth
>needle pain is 5/10
>got prescribed antibiotics
>didn't take them anyway
>given painkillers, was told only take them if pain becomes unbearable
>didn't have to take them anyway
>ate porridge on the first two days
>ate normally thereafter.
>>
>>29342948
>get needle jabbed into hand
>out like 15 seconds later
>after what feels like another 5 seconds i wake up
>it's already over
>they insist on taking me to the car in a wheelchair even though i can walk fine
>get home
>take painkillers
>eat nothing but ice cream for like 3-4 days

The worst part was changing the gauze over and over and fucking OVER
>>
>>29343064
>>29343100
Lol at these fucking pussies.
What kind of anaesthetic were you taking? All i got was a local shot. I was able to walk and get home by myself just fine afterwards.
>>
>>29343311
Oh, and the anticipation i guess. I had heard stories about how awful it was and i was kind of panicking about it beforehand. I didn't know i was just going to get put under though.

The painkillers people talk up as making you feel high? Yeah, they didn't do that.

Had to get a root canal once, and the same sort of thing happened only i had to take some muscle relaxants. Now those DID take me out of it, i didn't get put under but i didn't even know what was going on during the whole thing. Threw up a few times, though.
>>
>>29343311
>needle jab in hand
What? I got the shot directly into my gums.
Only changed the gauze once after i got home. What's with everyone having such problematic experiences?
>>
>>29343272
The lady that walked me into the reating room gave a perscription for vicodin, but then she said that extra strength Tylenol would also be fine
>>
My dentist absolutely wants me to get them removed but there's no real reason to, there's enough space for them.
>>
i dont know why people are such bitches about getting their wisdom teeth out

i had absolutely no problem with it. they numb your gums up and/or put you out and you wake up with a numb jaw with gauze in your mouth. take the pain killers and antibiotics for a few days and you're fine. it hurts a bit but it's really not that bad
>>
>>29343356
I didn't get my mouth numbed. I got put under entirely. As in, I was asleep for the whole thing. I think insurance covered that part anyways, so who cares?
>>
>>29343366
I thought it was going to be something absolutely terrible, but it was just my anxiety getting to me. Now I'm just chilling in my bed with the rest of the weekend talking to you guys.
>>
>wake up in the middle of the night
>feel shards of tooth in my mouth
>my top right wisdom tooth had grown in at an angle
>literally shattered the molar next to it
>am NEET so I was terrified
>couldn't afford to get it fixed
>the molar got progressively worse and worse as more pieces fell off
>eventually find out after a year that I got free dental due to being on bennies
>have sedation
>it's the kind of benzo that gives you short term amnesia
>literally don't remember having it done
>had 3 teeth removed
>>
>>29343366
You're still a pussy in comparison >>29343301
i also went through the procedure wide awake.

Lol at people taking the sedation option
>>
I had them removed when I was super young so I had almost zero recovery time.

When I had them removed I didn't even realize that I had been sedated. All I remember was them hooking shit up to me and then unhooking it.
Then they insisted that I get wheeled out in a wheelchair when I was perfectly capable of walking out.

Then I went to a party that night. It was pretty funny receiving the rage from people that had brutal recoveries. I basically just slept it off.
>>
>tfw never had any cavities or extractions in my life

git gud
>>
>>29343404
No one cares. I just felt like pointing it out. Puss
>>
>>29343359
You don't need to take any of that shit. It'll only slow your healing process. Im >>29343301
>>
I had mine taken out a few years ago and it wasn't really that much of a pain at all. I got nauseated from the anasthesia but that was the most of it. They gave me Codeine and I took it according to the directions, so I guess that helped.

I guess I was annoyed at eating only soft foods for a while.
>>
>>29343440
I don't care if it's not "macho," I'm not going to a dentist to prove i'm tough, i'm going because i need my shit fixed
>>
>>29343433
>he had to go under sedation
There's nothing to brag about. Pussy
>>
>>29343483
It wasn't up to me. I didn't care either way.
>>
>>29343473
But in all seriousness why didn't you get the local shot?
>>
>>29343502
>he acts like he didnt have a choice.

You're free to choose mate. Stay pussy though.
>>
Before i was sedated, i insisted that could save the teeth to make a necklace because my friend's birthday was the next day. He gave me a funny look and told me to count backwards.
>>
>>29343483
>>29343502
Also I've had a tooth removed while awake as well.
The worst part is that disgusting crunching sound that echos in your head.
>>
>>29343515
I wasn't even 18 at the time, as far as i know it was picked for me behind my back or something. I'm not complaining, especially since it was several years back
>>
I have to get mine out pretty soon. God fucking dammit. I don't even want to get them out. They aren't hurting or anything
>>
>>29343468
>got wisdom tooth taken out
>got home on my own no problems
>ate soft foods for only 2 days then jump back to my regular meals on day 3
>never needed painkillers

Step up pussy.

Lol at people who needs sedation. I guess its true when people say americans are frigids. Straya here.
>>
>>29343532
Crunching sound? Cmon senpai you are exaggerating. It wasnt so bad that sedation was necessary. Just a bunch of sour pusses here
>>
>Wake up after procedure
>Feel cotton balls on chin
>"Why did they give me a beard"
>Cry because they stole my shorts, apparently
>>
>>29343537
The reason why people get them removed is for being a prevenitive measure. Such as your teeth getting crowded and shifting might break some perfectly healthy teeth.
>>
>>29343125
The original picture is osaka from azumanga iirc
>>
DAILY REMINDER GOING UNDER MAKES YOU HEAL SLOWER
>>
>>29343537
Then don't? It's a scheme made by the dental industry to make money from suckers. I never had mine removed and I'm doing just fine.
>>
>>29343567
I agree, sedation was not necessary. He just smeared this q-tip thing on my gum and it was fine. There was definitely a crunch though.
>>
>>29343344

Was only gonna get the top ones removed so they'd use local anaesthetic in my gums but I told them to remove them all at once. One was badly infected so they told me I have to go under for it.

Not gonna complain. Some milky liquid goes in my arm and I couldn't even finish counting to 5, wake up what feels like a second later and it's all done. Why sit and endure the whole thing just to prove to your dentist that you're some alpha?
>>
File: 14353272_6_l.jpg (42 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
14353272_6_l.jpg
42 KB, 650x433
Fucking pussies in this god damn thread. I just used an ice skate to knock out my wisdom teeth. Pic related is me.
>>
>>29343301
Your teeth must not have been impacted. If they have to saw through bone its worse.
>>
>>29343652
Nothing about being an alpha. But if you need to go under for this shit then you're a pussy. Just my opinion.

Also for anyone else reading. Going under makes aftercare more bothersome. I got a local shot and my exepriences >>29343301

If you're not a pussy you,ll remove one wisdom tooth via local shot, wait one week, take another local shot and remove another.

Yea it sucks having needles poking your gums every week for 4 weeks. But id rather go through this than take antibiotics and painkillers like some med depednent puss
>>
>>29342948
My experience was relatively painless. Just make sure you avoid dry sockets unless you want to feel like a skunk died in your mouth.
>>
>>29343311
Yeah I didn't change the dressing cuz I'm lazy so I had to take antibiotics to quell the pain. >>29343416
midazolam
>>
>>29343703
Its impacted my friend. Horizontal. Had to saw theough my bone, open my gum up and pick out the remaining teeth, dissolvable stitches.

Got local shots btw. If i chose to go under, aftercare wouldve been a fucking pain.

Brb sleeping soundly on first night without painkillers
>>
>>29343757
ur gonna have a big poo.
>>
>>29343801
What do you mean?

Djjdj
>>
>>29343829
the opiates slow ur gut motility so u can go up to a week without pooing and get a painful, or just plain large initial poo after ceasing opiate use, depending on how strong of an opiate was, and if it became impacted. That's a source of reluctance to use strong opiates, beyond the addiction factor.
>>
i had both double jaw surgery and wisdom teeth out as well as two front teeth extracted all in the same operation. i woke up after it all and vomited blood for hours on end and kept asking the nurses when my operation was going to start because I was ridiculously fucked from the anaesthetic. it was unpleasant
>>
>>29343888
Thanks for sharing, because I've always had problems with hemmroids.
>>
>>29343888
Did you not read? I slept soundly on my first night without painkillers. I never took them post op.

Lol at your assumption that i took painkillers. Puss puss
>>
>>29343922
so take stool softeners concurrent to opiate use and use laxatives REALLY SPARINGLY because they can backfire and make the problem worse. I think there's lots of issues when old people with cancer or other severe diseases need pain meds and have to remember as well to take stool softeners or laxatives or they might get impacted.
>>
Dont do shrooms for about 2 weeks.nothings worse than getting shrooms trapped in the holes and the surgeon pulling themvout
>>
>>29343946
I thought you meant you had taken painkillers and now was off of them freshly, my bad. Do you sincerely believe it makes you more manly to not take opiates after surgery?
>>
>>29343962
omg thats crater than my story with getting impacted and waking up in the middle of the surgery. How long did you wait after surgery to take the shrooms?
>>
>>29343968
No, the difference wasn't that i chose not to take them, it was that I wasn't in enough pain to justify taking them. My experiences >>29343301
If i was able to go through that and eat normally on day 3, then it meant that i healed up quick enough to not go through at pain you people keep crying about
>>
>>29344019
So you healed quick. You're probably 12
>>
My wisdom teeth removal went so smoothly. Doctor said i had short roots went to get them removed will local anesthesia. It took less than 10 minutes to actually get them pulled out.

Glad i opted for local. Also didn't need to use my pain killers
>>
>>29344090
This. Go for local anaesthetic and you can avoid the aftercare nightmare.

Lol at people who can't handle a bit of pain.
>>
Got mine removed a couple months ago.

>sat down in chair
>got iv needle in arm
>got tubes in nose
>chair leans back
>immediately pass the fuck out
>wake up later with all my wisdom teeth missing
>lips swollen for 3 days
>mild bleeding, annoying stitches
>can't eat my favorite foods
>can't eat fucking anything, really, for about a week
>>
I only got my top two. My bottom two never developed. So the top two never had anything to chew against anyway and were therefore useless.
They were quite right against my jaw bone so brushing them was difficult. I had to get an electric toothbrush but if I didn't brush them properly I'd be getting infections.

So I go to dentist to get them taken out. Dentist agrees
Go in and he starts on right one. It must have taken about 15 minutes of yanking my head around and him trying to crowbar them out it was completely fucked. The pressure in my head was intense.
The left one he used the crowbar and it took about 4 seconds.

I didn't have any pain afterwards but it was annoying when the gaps get food stuck in them. It's been a year now and they aren't completely closed up.

What was pretty cool after having them out was the pieces of bone (Look up: Sequestra) which make their way out a few days after. There isn't any pain or anything but they were really sharp but tugging them out was pretty cool.
>>
getting mine out in a few weeks. i hope to fuck I die when I go under
>>
>>29344135
Don't worry. Pussies dont die.
>>
>>29342948
I only had some pain on the first day (got all 4 at once). Everything calmed down on the second and more on the third, I heard horror stories of other people but I was spared.

The worst part was probably not being able to eat firm food.
>>
>>29344189
Yeah, a friend of mine was telling me when got his removed but he lost quite some blood and he had seizures. But for the food, hopefully just apple sauce and yogurt the next couple of days will cause me to lose weight.
>>
>>29344335
Don't go under like a little girl and take the local shot and you'll be fine
>>
>>29344361
It's too late anon. I asked the surgeon for the shot, but he just scoffed at me and said that putting me under would be easier. Now im sitting in bed.
>>
>>29344019
can i have them?
[email protected]
>>
I have three impacted wisdom teeth I need to have removed but my manager won't give me the half week off until business slows for the summer.
>>
>>29342948
>stories?
Oxycodone for days, fuck I wish I could do it again.
>>
>>29344609
Ask for fmla paperwork, if he doesn't oblige go to hr or someone higher than him.
>>
>>29344465
I don't give them to pussies and druggies
>>
>>29344424
Get a backbone mate. You Should've insisted that you want the local shot, if he refused then walk out. He probably had bad experiences with patients on local shots due to how many pussy patients there are in america.
>>
>>29344828
I couldnt just walk out there mate, i had to apply to take time off and then go to the only surgeon i could trust because my family has been going to him for over 20 years now. Even after being put under i feel fine and might not even use the pills that he gave me other than the antibiotic.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.