[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal not to feel a connection to your university? I go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: jeff-bridges-800.jpg (133 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
jeff-bridges-800.jpg
133 KB, 800x600
Is it normal not to feel a connection to your university? I go to school about an hour away from home, and don't have a life here. No friends, no connections, nothing. I don't care about the sports teams or clubs, or anything else going on there. I really just see this place as a means to and end, getting a degree. Once I get that I am out of here.
>>
>I really just see this place as a means to and end

That sums it up for me.
>>
>commuting to school

well you say you have no friends and no connections
do you like this? you ought to, because its 100% your fault
>>
Once I realized uni was just a bigger high school where they care less about you I stopped having any sense of attachment to the school. My only friends at school are people I knew in highschool. I see it the same way, once I get my degree I'm out.
>>
>>29338961
>not going to clubs and networking
>not meeting professionals who visit the college within your field
>not making friends with professors for letters of recommendation
lol enjoy being a fucking debt slave with no related job post-college, faggot
>>
>>29338961
>>29339242
This
And i'll probably fail uni, but i don't care
Fuck this place
>>
>>29338961
Not that I'm any good at it, but learning to work with others, networking - all that sort of stuff is valuable. You don't even have to like it or like people.
>>
>>29338961
Normal for us, certainly. But not for the average uni goer. Most of them get involved into the uni life, go to parties, help out, maybe even work already with professors.
This is why being a normie is much more important than being smart.
>>
>>29340031
same in here as well , exactly the same.
>>
>>29338961
I went to uni for 3 years from 2005 to 2008.

couldn't give a shit about the place, the club's, the teams or anything else. it's just another town except I'm slightly more familiar with it because I lived there 3 years. never gave any shits whilst there or after.
>>
>>29338961
I didn't even know we had a basketball team until last week, and I actually like basketball.
>>
what kind of mongoloid retard feels connected to their college?
it literally is just some place you do busy work til they fork over a degree
>>
File: 1465930409936.png (127 KB, 637x592) Image search: [Google]
1465930409936.png
127 KB, 637x592
> Normies try to start convos with me and I just ignore them
>"I'm only here for the degree faggots go away"
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.