[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red Ears/Weird Medical Problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: redear.jpg (272 KB, 499x650) Image search: [Google]
redear.jpg
272 KB, 499x650
Hey robots! I was thinking of asking a doctor this but I'm not sure what type of doctor would be right and I've had a bad experience in the past dealing with it.

So I have Sensory Integration Disorder/Sensory Processing Disorder, and a lot of my senses seem to be more intense than other people's, like taste, sometimes to the point of pain that most don't seem to have.

I don't know if this is directly related, but sometimes, maybe a couple of times a week, and it seems triggered by hair rubbing against my ear or itchy fabrics touching my ear but sometimes it seems to happen randomly, my ears turn red and get hot and painful, and its only one ear at a time.

In 2009 I went to a dermatologist for it and I heard him screaming, outside my door when it was closed, at an employee (thanks super-hearing!) that I had only booked a 15 minute appointment and that this wasn't a "15 minute appointment type problem!", and he came in flustered, said it would require thousands of dollars of testing, and was I ok with that and I said no and got a steroid cream instead. Does anyone else deal with this or know what to do?
>>
>>29338424
you are rudolph
>>
>>29339803
this is possible but I was hoping for a more medical answer, although I appreciate the subtle anticipatory troll.
>>
what is your sex OP?
also hands is this disorder of yours just a special snowflake thing or a real condition? can you describe it more?
>>
>>29338424
>So I have Sensory Integration Disorder/Sensory Processing Disorder, and a lot of my senses seem to be more intense than other people's, like taste, sometimes to the point of pain that most don't seem to have.

thats literally autism lmao
>>
>they used to talk about me behind my back
>now they have to wait till im at least 3.5 miles away
(thanks super-hearing!)
>>
>>29340058
hands? its like autism-lite or its clearly different than how I normally see autism presented but that could just be my own ignorance of the condition. It was diagnosed by an occupational therapist my parents sent to me when i was about 6 or 7 years old and having trouble in school. I had trouble wearing certain fabrics that were too itchy, like polyester and wool, hated roughhousing but I think the ear stuff came late in puberty.
>>29340138
Its not THAT good, he was being loud and upsetting the woman he was talking too because he was frustrated but I am good at making out quiet speech in general.
I got LASIK when I was 19 and now all my senses are good so its interesting interpreting the world even if its on robot-mode.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.