[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will r9k run out of original posts Surely there will eventually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefaulta.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefaulta.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
When will r9k run out of original posts

Surely there will eventually be a point where no one can say anything because everything has already been said

Will r9k then turn into a recreation of the library of babel?
>>
>>29337401
Well each post has a maximum character limit of 2,000 and there are probably billions upon billions of possibilities as to what goes where in those 2,000 characters, not to mention the posts that don't reach 2,000 characters and say, only reach 500 or something entirely random like 1,349.
Do something productive for once and do the math.
>>
Posts are truncated from the robot's memory after a certain interval.

/thread
>>
Assuming people type only using letters and spaces, and the character limit is what, 2000 characters? According to my calculator, that leaves a possibility of 5.339(and some long string of digits)e+2862 unique posts. I don't know how many posts that is, but that's a very large number that I doubt will ever be reached.

>mfw the library of babel has the whole of /r9k/ written in it somewhere
>>
>>29337526
Special characters, spaces, upper/lowercase are ignored afaik.
>>
>>29337562
No, it has spaces, periods and commas. I can't remember if it has caps or not.
>>
>>29337526

A number that large isn't even possible to fathom.

For comparison's sake, there are 10^80 electrons in the universe, so even if there were a billion universes, we wouldn't even be within 2700 orders of magnitude.

r9k will never run out of original posts.
>>
>>29337401
>Surely there will eventually be a point where no one can say anything because everything has already been said
No.
>>
>>29337401
Post are truncated

If they weren't it would take billions of years of shitposting, English in a huge language and there is a near infinite combination of words you could use to make sentences,
>>
File: somewhere.png (110 KB, 893x812) Image search: [Google]
somewhere.png
110 KB, 893x812
>>29337526
>mfw the library of babel has the whole of /r9k/ written in it somewhere

A pretty spooky feel, desu. It's like a metaphor for the universe.
>>
>when you can find the crimson hexagon but you can't find a gf
>>
>>29337401
I actually had a nightmare about the library of babel. Being lost in a gigantic library is both the most comfy and scary thought.
>>
>>29337401
What is the charactor limit on posts now? 2000?

And how many different characters does the robot allow you to use?

My math is probably way off, but just to get an idea the total number of unique posts would be calculated

2000 * 1999 * 1998 * ...... * (2000 - n) = the possible amount of posts

n = the number of characters on the keyboard allowed by the robot
>>
File: jej.png (112 KB, 951x876) Image search: [Google]
jej.png
112 KB, 951x876
>>29338417
jej

>You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
Why do people bother echoing what the first post already said?
>>
>>29338983
praise jej
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.