[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sleep/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 7015288-dream-world.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
7015288-dream-world.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Hi robots, let's discuss lucid dreams, sleep paralysis, poor sleeping routine, oversleeping, anything sleep related in this thread.

I had pretty horrible sleep paralysis last night. Woke up with my blanket over my head and could feel someone standing on my shoulders and spitting in my face.

Also do you ever have those dreams were you have really emotional moments with people you wouldn't IRL?

I am a frequent lucid dreamer and also have sleep paralysis often. I wonder if these are linked.
>>
>>29335486
Schizophrenic here. Ever since I developed it, I have had either sleep paralysis or lucid dreams EVERY night.
>>
>>29335887

Double edged sword. Lucid dreams are the best though, what do you usually do?

I like to fly as soon as I realise. Usually I'll fly over the nearest area and be amazed that my mind just makes up new areas for me to fly over automatically.

Do you ever tell dream characters that they are not real? I've done it a few times and they always react in a really creepy way, like they know but are confused.
>>
>>29335930
I just try to kill myself in my lucid dreams because they are always nightmares. I have never thought to fly or anything because the dreams I have are so Disturbing to me.
>>
>>29335486

Sometimes before waking up I get "stuck" in sleep mode and can't move unless I start really trying and shaking around. Sometimes I'm scared I'll get stuck like that.
>>
>>29335930

How do they react?
>>
>>29336046

>>29335971

Sorry to hear that friend, I suffer with nightmares quite a lot too.

>>29336046

This is sleep paralysis, and is quite common. Sometimes you hallucinate, sometimes you just can't move.

You won't get stuck that way, don't worry.
>>
i get dreams where my family is yelling at each other and I'm quietly in the corner.Usually I get normal "weird" dreams, though there isn't much going on
>>
>>29336065

Usually they'll just look at me like they are really concerned that I am telling the truth. They'll say something along the lines of "...yes I am". There's a sinister vibe to it, because it's like they know but don't want me to know. It's weird.
>>
Right after I wake up my body, particulary the back area, aches for a minute or two. Is this normal?
>>
>>29336288
might be an indicator of bad posture. How do you tend to sleep?
>>
>>29336633
I do have bad posture and back problems, chronic pain to be specific. I usually sleep on my side or on my belly- ish

Every time is like a shock, I'm sorta awake and I wonder what the hell's happening, am I dreaming. It's a scary thought if my body muscles are that tense for hours while asleep.
>>
>>29336910

I thought you might be a front-sleeper. Try sleeping on your back, with your knees bent. You might find it helps with your back pain in general.
>>
>>29336910
>I usually sleep on my side or on my belly- ish
dont, its unhealthy. side is ok, back is best.
>>
>>29337004
But see that's the thing, it hurts my upper back more after a few minutes of laying on my back. I think because the other shoulder blade sticks out more cuz of scoliosis n shit

I dunno how someone can sleep directly on their stomach. makes it hard to breathe for me so I compromise by partly sleeping on side and partly on stomach
>>
>>29337211

I used to get this thing where I would get immense lower back pain if I lay straight on my back, to the point I would just stiffen up and cramp really intensely.

Are you doing regular stretches or physiotherapy of any kind?
>>
>parents judging me for oversleeping in the morning then napping a few hours later

I really like sleep. I wish I could sleep forever. I don't like living
>>
Lucid dreaming seems like fun.

Whenever i sleep i just let my entire body relax bit by bit, then i let my mind wander a bit on Sci-Fi/Fantasy scenarios.

>tfw sleepy as fuck right now due to medication
>tfw been up since 6am and its now 11pm
Fug
>>
Trazadone is garbage, just makes me feel sick and nervous. I would have better luck sleeping with nothing at all.

I seriously feel like I'm dying.
>>
>>29337248
Fuck now I feel guilty, I'm supposed to stretch several times a week to make my upper body less stale but I haven't, and yeah I went to physical therapy to get started

I know excercise is thee major key if I ever want to reduce the aches. Just have a hard time starting due to the pain itself

that and because i'm an underchiever and lazy desu. maybe some ppl are supposed to have chronic pain
>>
I stay up too late because of my computer
>>
>>29337293

>finally sleep at a normal time
>wake up at 3am and end up falling asleep before 8
>pattern gradually ruined

>>29337398

Just do what little you can, every stretch you do gets you closer to being pain free. Not to mention stronger.

I believe in you anon.
>>
File: 1465767870753.jpg (186 KB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
1465767870753.jpg
186 KB, 714x1000
>tfw i immediately tell when I am dreaming because most of my dreams take place in the outdoors
>>
>>29337504

chuckled

nice pic too
>>
>>29337533
I like otherworldly imagery that makes me feel small and insignificant.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.