[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever thought of just trying to embrace your weirdness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1464055808459.jpg (81 KB, 720x579) Image search: [Google]
1464055808459.jpg
81 KB, 720x579
Have you ever thought of just trying to embrace your weirdness and awkwardness and not be so self-conscious?

I knew a couple guys like that, although I don't think they were that self-aware, I think they were just weird and awkward and lacked self-consciousness, which achieves the same effect as embracing your oddities. Anywho, I hated them but they always seemed to attract a couple friends who liked them for who they were.

Too many of us internet autistes feel like we need to be someone else, so we don't know what "bee urself" really means.
>>
Tried that when I was younger, it just made even more people dislike me
>>
>>29335265
being yourself is a great way to make everyone hate you
silence is the only way to survive
>>
>>29335306
>>29335347
You can't give it up, I knew fuckers who went from school to school being bullied for their weird tendencies. They STILL had more friends than I did in highschool and college. Confidence really is the key, you can't let one, two, or even dozens of instances of people shitting on you force you into silence.
>>
>>29335409
im not confident though
that's not part of who i am
confidence makes people appear arrogant and self centered and like theyre trying to impress people
>>
I turn into a huge asshole when I "bee myself"
>>
>>29335476
>confidence makes people appear arrogant and self centered and like theyre trying to impress people
Confidence doesn't mean being a boisterous asshole.
>>
>>29335503
You probably have a misunderstanding of what "be yourself" means. It doesn't mean saying whatever is on your mind when it pops into your head. If you're autistic then this is an issue.
>>
>>29335265
Being self-aware is the problem. You can't choose it, you either are or you aren't.

I'm literally autistic, and when I was in grade school I was hardly self-aware at all. I actually had a couple good friends back then when I wasn't constantly monitoring myself and evaluating every single action I took and everything happening around me. But as I grew older crippling self-awareness set in and I withdrew. I would give anything to go back to being the happy oblivious sperg
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.