[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Florida so much cheaper than California? Aren't they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8
File: images.png (9 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
images.png
9 KB, 219x230
Why is Florida so much cheaper than California? Aren't they pretty much similar states?
>>
>>29335233
There's a lot more demand for real estate in CA. There's a very low real estate tax so wealthy people have gobbled up most of the land and now what's left is really expensive, also many old people don't want to sell. On top of that cities like San Francisco have very stupid ordinance policies which prevent cheap housing from being built. You can find places in the valley and in Norcal that are cheap but they are far from civilization and are full of latinos and meth addicts.
>>
>>29335233
Florida is the garbage can of america. It was developed on a swamp so the buildings are trash, miami was built with drug money and is full of shitskins, everyone is either retired or inbred trailer trash, and there is no industry.

California at least has several booming industries and a variety of livable climates.
>>
>>29335287
Not to mention California is just a better place to be. Not too much to do in Florida. Just suburban area after another with little life and culture.
>>
California has silicon valley and los angeles. I don't know what Florida has besides retirement homes, college kids during spring break and 0% state income tax
>>
>>29335233
Not really. Different climate zone, completely different geography, different cultural region. They are similar in that they both have a lot of coastline and some hispanic influence. That's about where the similarities end.
>>
>>29335287
>>29335308

Really? I mean their both tropical climate states with tons of coastal areas, especially Florida, you'd think it'd be expensive af
>>
>>29335349
>CA
>tropical
no, part of it could be considered Mediterranean but most of it is desert and scrub
>>
>>29335349
California is the almost the opposite of tropical. It's very dry here. Most of California is not on the coast and most of the coastal areas are not beaches/swamps like Florida.
>>
>>29335349
Florida has a humid tropical climate, California has that dry desert climate. Similar on paper but not really when you look at it.
>>
>>29335308
>california
>not full of shit skins
>northern cal and inland cal
>not full of meth'd out rednecks
>california not having a shit economy

having a good laugh here
>>
>>29335434
>california not having a shit economy
You're a retard m8. California has the largest economy of all the states.
>>
Florida looks like a gun.
>>
I'm from florida and I really liked northern california when I visited, socal is a shithole though I'd way rather live in florida. If I had the money I'd live in the bay area.

Also cuban/colombian/dominican/puerto rican women > fat mexishit women any day
>>
>>29335461
wrong Texas blows California the fuck out

California has entire fucking bankrupt cities you idiot.
>>
>california
Los Angeles is a fucking hellhole. Combination of ghettos and entitled rich fucks, nothing is cheap, sales tax up the ass. The entitled fucks ruin everything, even the hole-in-the-wall restaurants have been affected, in particular goddamn Tito's Tacos has gotten way more expensive thanks to their cashing in on the popularity the Instagram generation brought them but this effect happens a lot.
>>
>>29335523
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-06-14/california-overtakes-france-to-become-sixth-largest-economy

The Californian economy is the sixth largest in the world you inbred hick.
>>
>>29335287
Aside from Bakersfield and Fresno it is staight up small ville for 200 miles inbetween LA and SF
>>
>>29335541

LA was the biggest let down for me when I visited california. Its a giant suburb filled with 4 foot tall mexicans and filipinos. Its not really a city to me, its just an endless fucking suburb that just keeps going and going and going.
>>
>>29335559
muh texas is the biggest
>>
>>29335541
aye my family owns that place it was popular before instagram :)
>>
>>29335586
true that, that is pretty much exactly what it is.
>>
>>29335523
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP
>>
File: banana3.png (35 KB, 644x520) Image search: [Google]
banana3.png
35 KB, 644x520
>>29335287
>You can find places in the valley and in Norcal that are cheap but they are far from civilization and are full of latinos and meth addicts

fucking this. I live there and there and it has gotten worse. Wetbacks with 5 kids running around the store screaming. It was nicer 15 years ago, now killings have gone up and meth addicts are everywhere stealing. The valley is just a farm for democrat voters. Its a very sad thing to see progress.
>>
>>29335559
http://www.businessinsider.com/state-economy-ranking-q4-2015-2016-1

I've found a couple of sources that put Washington at No.1 and Florida ahead of California.

there's a lot of varying lists out there.
>>
>>29335586

So you jus visited the suburbs & didn't do touristy stuff,m
>>
>>29335660
What horseshit. California is by far the economic powerhouse of the country, look at the GDP.
>>
>>29335620
>:)
Nigga you must be trolling
Popular, yes, but not as insane as it is now, I could go down and pick up some tacos for a party and I'd only have to wait like 5-10 minutes in line on a saturday and then 5-10 to get the damn tacos

Now it's minimum 20-30 in line alone, easily 20 to get the same amount of food
>>
>>29335660
That's not GDP though,....
>>
>>29335660
this list is more of overall rating of the quality of random factors the author chose willy nilly rather than the size of the economy. which was the original comment.
>>
>>29335641
For such a small state, NJ is fucking up there
>>
>>29335736
The original comment was "largest economy"
now people are mentioning GDP if it's the only important aspect of an economy
>>
>>29335693
nope not trolling my grandma made all of the recipes you know that other mexican place on the same street that's where the original Titos tacos was they moved it
>>
>>29335782
regarding the size its the most indicative. texas gsp is growing at a faster rate than california's if that helps salve your anus though faggot.
>>
>>29335782
It gives you the best sense of the overall size of an economy. The other article uses a more holistic approach to determine the quality of the economy. Washington is smaller but had a higher percentage growth, higher average wages and lower unemployment than the national average so it was number 1.
>>
>>29335850
My anus is fine you angsty little cunt
all i said was a found a lot of different sources that all had different numbers.

But the source you used is the one you like and that supports your "argument" so gg?
>>
>>29335784
Tell 'em to either drop their prices back to what they were or hire more cashiers on the weekends, fucking terrible when there's only like 3 lines and 40 people waiting
>>
>>29335892
Even the butthurt is bigger in Texas.
>>
>>29335308
What are you talking about
California is literally Florida
But instead of Republicans they have libtards
>>
>>29335927
their prices have gone up because the price of everything has gone up and they won't listen to what i have to say why would they listen to their 19 year old grandkid when what they've been doing has worked so far
>>
If California is so great why are all you stupid uppity fucks moving to Oregon and driving all of our prices up? Stay the fuck out, we're full and literally no one likes you.
>>
>>29335944
all those horns they keep going on about suddenly make a new kind of sense.
>>
>>29335982
acting the the people in oregon are uppity fucks also you guys are driving up your own prices which was inevitable anyway
>>
>>29335974
So they can't afford to keep prices the same but yet they can afford to take out a fuckton of ad time on ABC7 and on radio (atleast, that's where I see/hear the ads) when they do insane business and have word-of-mouth/free online popularity? Shit business strategy honestly.
>>
>>29335982
enjoy the gentrification whitey.
>>
>>29336039
the ads are worth is because it brings in more people even though they ads are annoying and what they do with their money has nothing to do with me
>>
Hiv/aids and crime
>>
>>29336020

The people in Oregon are uppity fucks but not even half as bad as you people. Now our traffic is getting to a horrific point where it's taking me fifteen minutes to make a five minute drive in my smaller town half an hour away from Portland. So please Fuck of calishill, just stay in cali.
>>
Because Florida's just better than california in every way.
>>
>>29336122
i am staying in cali cunt also your people are horrible cunts
>>
>>29336131
you feed babies to gators as a passtime, what a neat state.
>>
>>29336174
I know it makes for entertaining nightly news
Florida's Insane and i love it.
>>
>>29335233
California has a lot more taxes as it is dominated heavily by leftist democrats. The cost of business is high, so prices are higher on goods and services, it costs more to build and create, so workers need to be paid better, but that costs businesses even more, so they hire few people if they even open shop at all, and so on.
>>
File: redirecting.jpg (43 KB, 400x241) Image search: [Google]
redirecting.jpg
43 KB, 400x241
>>29335308
>>29335434
>>29335654

Please keep your racism on >>>/pol/

/r9k/ has users of many diverse backgrounds
>>
>>29336265
California has a fairly low property tax rate, Texas' property tax rate is twice as high. This was caused by the Howard Jarvis Foundation which is a conservative anti-tax group who fucked the state income and forced us to tax people's success through income and sales tax. I'm not a liberal but the shit conservatives have done to my state is just as destructive.
>>
>>29336131
This. All the sun and fun of cali, cheap taxes and cheap cost of living. Not too many liberals and most places still have a "good ol boy" mentality. Niggers know their place and it's a haven for guns and outdoor hobbies.
>>
>>29335233
Florida is humid, california is dry heat.

Dry heat is always better to live in. Humidity makes the cold colder and the hot hotter.

That and California is more liberal and progressive, while Florida is mixed republican and democrat and has an older theme to it.

California ism ore beautiful too, better beaches better mountains, prime growing regions for a bunch of agriculture more so than florida. Florida is mostly swampland know for things like crocodiles.

Ive lived all over California and have visited and stayed in florida a lot too.
>>
>>29336355

Anywhere by the beach in florida is just as expensive as california though, its not cheap at all.

>>29336482

I agree with all of this except beaches, IMO florida has nicer beaches. I like the tropical beaches better that's just me.
>>
>>29336329
there seems to be a tendency towards neoliberal centrism (they call themselves democrats and republicans like the rest but you can tell by how much they love the word 'growth') in big states with single-party systems. CA and TX are prime examples: you'd think they'd be the most liberal and conservative states in the country, but they have a lot in common: both have carefully balanced budgets, tons of tax breaks for wealthy people and key industries, sprawling government bureaucracies, and lax enforcement on illegal immigration.
>>
>>29336536
You're never more than an hour from the beach in Florida so it doesn't matter. Only snowbirds who can't into hurricanes live right on the beach.
>>
>>29336536
Ive heard Tampa & Orlando have low COL, I believe both are coastal cities
>>
File: 1101091102_400.jpg (76 KB, 400x531) Image search: [Google]
1101091102_400.jpg
76 KB, 400x531
>>29335434
>>california not having a shit economy
Lol only a few years ago California was the 5th highest GDP in the world on its own

Now its like number 9 though but youre a fool to believe California isnt an economic powerhouse. 4 years ago you poltards were saying California is doomed and going to bankrupt and we moved a few things around and now have a tax surplus LOL

Dont beleive everything you read on /pol.. theyre actually a bunch of idiots and irrational.
>>
>>29336355
this

>>29336482
Florida has better beaches IMO and the Florida keys are the most beautiful place you'll probably ever see, fan boats through the everglades was fun as fuck.

Humidity is better for your skin and sinus than dry weather btw.

They both have their pros and cons i guess
but Florida is better just because it has most of what California has but cheaper and not overly developed (in the good secret spots) and guns are fun.
>>
>>29336626

Orlando is in the middle of the state, no beaches but can still be expensive. Tampa is a small city but it can still be extremely expensive to live close to the beach.
>>
>>29335233
You don't have the tech industry and 9001 chinks raising real estate prices with their ill-gotten cash.
>>
>>29336630
it's a nice economy to look at but for the working man it's kind of shit: too expensive to live in the cities where all the jobs are, terrible infrastructure and no jobs in less populated areas. You're right though, anyone who thinks we're circling the drain or that any industries will move to states with lower nominal tax rates are completely wrong.
>>
>>29336638

Humidity is better for your sinus than dry weather btw

i can agree with everything you said except this, humidity is murder on labored breathing/troublesome sinus. fuck humidity
>>
File: istock_000006123208xsmall.jpg (215 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
istock_000006123208xsmall.jpg
215 KB, 425x282
>>29336355
>>29336638

People like this are another reason why California is better than Florida.

Racism is rare in California and everybody more or less gets along.

Florida wasnt even racist when I went but you can get the feel in certain veins of it where there are rednecks from the south vacationing or youre in somewhere super rural.

My school was literally like pic related and my best friends were Pakistani, White, and Black. It was really cool seeing all their different families and having different expeiences.
>>
>>29336658
>>29336626
Relative to commiefornia, Tampa and Orlando are cheap but a studio shithole in a Tampa ghetto can be a fucking grand a month. Mot people work in Tampa and live in a country town like Brooksville, where I live and pay $500 for a 2br2ba apt with not a single nig in sight. Work in Tampa making $20/hr. It's great.
>>
>>29336808
>Racism is rare in California

That's because it's pretty segregated . I mean look at San Diego
>>
>>29336767
I went to Vegas for a week and my throat and nose got rekt by the absolute zero moisture, I was drinking water all through out the night and getting nose bleeds.
I feel way better in Florida
>>
Apart from the Florida Keys, St. Augustine, and occasionally Miami, there is nothing of value in Florida.
>>
>>29336695
>, terrible infrastructure and no jobs in less populated areas.

What Calidornia is all open roads in the rural area. Miles and miles of quality well maintained road. In the Urban areas of major cities the roads are worse because theres so much traffic and heavy vehicles. But in the suburbs and roads connecting cities theyre always well maintained. Driving around California is pretty amazing especially the Pacific Coast Highway.

>it's a nice economy to look at but for the working man it's kind of shit: too expensive to live in the cities where all the jobs are,

True. I was so used to paying a high rent I was surprised the first time i heard of it being so low while visiting different states. Theres a lot of good affordable housing though as long as you dont want to live in the middle of San Fran, Hollywood, San Diego and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apZCIFZ1z1s
>>
>>29336808
lol cuckfornian shilling diversity again
If you like being raped by wetbacks and nigs, if you dream of prepping the bull, go to cali. If you want nigs to mind their own because the Klan keeps them humble (yes, we still have an active Klan presence, they just move in silence now) and even the nig cops don't play nice with nogs, and the beaners keep to themselves, Forida is the state for you. However, I don't want you fags coming here and trying to make my home a yankee shithole (looking at you, jew yorkers, stay away )
>>
>>29336808
Lol what a fucking masturbatory post, look at me im so nice and benevolent because i talk to THOSE POOR BROWN PEOPLE. God damn quit using poc as fucking props to make your state look better, we arent fucking hood ornaments you can drive around with. People like you are the reason trump is popular. Do us a favour and fucking leave us alone.
>>
>>29336883
Probably the only places you have been.

Huguenot Park, Crystal Springs, Osceola national park, Marco Island, Anna Maria Island the list goes on and on but you cant be a lazy boring faggot and enjoy Florida.

motherfuckers don't know about Marineland
>>
>>29336855
Its more segregated by wealth than race. I grew up in a middle class area and saw black, asian, white, hispanic, and middle eastern people everyday.
>>
>>29337021
>unironically using the term "poc"
>cuck spelling of "favor"
the guy you replied to may be a faggot but you're not too far off, shitskin
>>
>>29337036
Yeah, look at North county vs South bay/chula vista/San Ysidro. It's like a dividing line
>>
>>29337067
>using inbred american hick english
Kek
>>
>>29335743
Spillover from NYC is the most of it. Take Chicago metro and I'm sure it's head to head with NJ on area, population, GDP, and douchebag BMW drivers.
>>
File: 44131735_poem_98.png (395 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
44131735_poem_98.png
395 KB, 512x512
>>29336982
>If you like being raped by wetbacks and nigs,
Rape is such a rare occurrence, i thought you pol users knew that though and liked telling feminists that all the time?

>because the Klan keeps them humble yes, we still have an active Klan presence, they j
This is your wet dream, Klan is dead and the maggots feasting on its corpse are scared of the federal boot stomping on em

*tips pillowcase hat*

>However, I don't want you fags coming here and trying to make my home a yankee shithole

Good. Stay there. Dont come anywhere near my state. California is already coming to you without anybody moving there. The USA is becoming more California-like.

>>29337021
We're all humans, youre part of the problem if you dont see that. I dont care what the color of your skin is. Youre garbage to me if you dont see everyone as human first and foremost. Talk all you want about ornaments or whatever you want, its stupid and your mind is corrupted. Eat shit faggot
>>
>>29336808

>racism bad
>has said redneck and hick 100 times in this thread

You're a total self hating California cuck lel
>>29337021
Like this guy said, You only use non whites to act morally superior than everyone.

fuck off back to red.dit you obvious summerfag
>>
>>29335982
> Oregon is full
>99% empty
> what is inhabited is built as low-density suburbs

good one fag. Enjoy being culturally enriched by civilized people. Otherwise you can go back to Iowa where rents are still cheap, silly transplant.
>>
>>29337232
Yes i hate racism no matter the race being racist I will call them out on it.

Theres nothing wrong with calling KKK members a redneck or a hick. I personally call them niggers. White niggers.

>Like this guy said, You only use non whites to act morally superior than everyone.

The amount of mental gymnastics need to jump to this conclusion based on no evidence should land you in the olympics.

I hate crappy people.

>fuck off back to red.dit you obvious summerfag
Ive been on 4chan longer than 99% of people. I hate reddit and I hate you dumb deluded carbon copy ignorant /pol posters shitting up other boards. Your whole response tells me you youre a narcissistic prick who believes hes infallible because he learned something on pol. This couldnt be any more wrong.. Youre a maggot and im the boot. I own you.
>>
File: tibb.png (45 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
tibb.png
45 KB, 240x240
>>29337404
tldr

I caught your last sentence though
classic lel

>Youre a maggot and im the boot
>>
>>29335233
There's a reason Blade Runner took place in California instead of Florida
>>
>>29337508
SQUISH

Nothing personnel anon
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.