[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
friends with ex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 1456346821080.png (608 KB, 619x503) Image search: [Google]
1456346821080.png
608 KB, 619x503
>date girl for 4 years
>split up and cut contact
>2 years later she gets back into contact with me and says she wants to be friends
>think that this means we're going to get back together
>it doesnt, she legitimately just wants to be friends and is dating someone else
>want to be friends with her but not able to put my feelings aside and be content with it and not be jealous

i know this is a normalfag problem but i dont know what to do. any normalfags have experience with this?
>>
>>29334700
Cuck that dude
>>
>>29334700
There's no point in being friends with her. You literally are not going to gain anything from it. Cut all contact again.
>>
File: 1456348707943.png (1 MB, 1080x1077) Image search: [Google]
1456348707943.png
1 MB, 1080x1077
>>29334732

i dont think i can. ive already acted like a stupid emotional beta pussy and at this point i dont think i could fuck her
>>
File: 1458685173528.jpg (128 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1458685173528.jpg
128 KB, 600x600
>>29334732
This if you're willing to play the game of cuck or be cucked.

>>29334748
This is you want to play it safe.
>>
File: 1443306631408s.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1443306631408s.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>>29334748

ive already resolved to try to be friends with her

>you literally are not going to gain anything from it

i loved her a lot and she was my first everything. i would like to have some form of relationship with her, even if it's a casual friendship
>>
It is always time and effort better spent developing new, fresh, prospective women than it will ever be in attempting to reconstruct a failed relationship. Never root through the trash once the garbage has been dragged to the curb. You get messy, your neighbors see you do it, and what you thought was worth digging for is never as valuable as you thought it was.

Be Chad. Don't dig in the garbage.
>>
File: chinese.jpg (93 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
chinese.jpg
93 KB, 500x500
>>29334700
No, get away from her.

Every moment you give a bitch is one less moment you are giving a good person.

Life is short and should be lived in happiness, not hopeless misery.

She is not giving you anything. She just wants the additional male attention and traded you for someone more assertive.

Just be polite. But don't pay her any attention, honestly. You are not GETTING shit from her. Neither sex, nor good conversation.

She is your ex-girlfriend for a reason. Never forget.
>>
>>29334700
Unless youre willing to clean up after they fuck then keep talking to her. It would impossible to be friends with her again. Let go already
>>
>>29334700
If you still have any kind of feelings for her at all after two years of no contact, then being "friends" is not a good idea. At least you already know, though, that there is no chance of getting back together.

I dated a girl for a while who ended up breaking up with me. We tried being "friends" (her suggestion of course) with her saying that I should be comfortable talking with her about my feels about her.

She would listen to me saying a bunch of cutesy romantic bullshit and be alone with me, but she just ended up leading me on and stringing me along until she decided it would be a good idea to start dating one of my friends behind my back.

That felt much worse than the break up, but what made it all better was finally pushing her out of my mind (and eventually getting a new gf that I live with now).
>>
>>29334836
>>29334838
>>29334903
>>29335070

i know the right thing to do is to find someone else, but i am socially incompetent and i am a loser so i dont consider that an option
>>
>>29334761
Why the fuck do women need to remind everyone ''tee hee he's not my boyfriend, we are just friends''

Who the fuck cares, do you seriously need to clarify it that much?
>>
If you can't get over your feelings for her and just honestly be her friend, then you're doing a disservice to both you and her. I think in this case, the right thing to do is the hard thing.
>>
>>29335117
Don't go crawling back to her and end up as an orbiter.
Make it your mission to fix everything about you that you hate.
Hit the gym, fix your diet, read books on social interaction. Do whatever it takes.

You only get one life.
>>
>>29334700
>think that this means we're going to get back together
this is obviously where you fucked up
if you can't enjoy her company without wanting to fugg her 24/7 then you can't be her friend
>>
I'm kind of in your situation. Dated a girl for a few years went through a lot of shit together at one point almost had a family. Needless to say being young and immature we both did things that messed up our relationship. We tried the friends thing but we kept ending up sleeping together and being attached. Eventually she cut contact with me for awhile and met someone else and obviously it broke my heart. I dated and slept with some other girls but wasn't really feeling it. We started talking again and slept together a few times. Now it's grown to this really strange point where she confessed all of the feelings she has for me, but says I hurt her so bad she can't move past it. Sorry for the long story I guess what I mean is every situation is different and you are the ultimate deciding factor in what happens. If you truly love this girl than don't let her go. You have to realize people change and grow and make mistakes, it's what makes us human. Maybe you hurt her and it changed her and it won't allow her to be with you again. Maybe another time after you both have grown up more and experienced life will you guys meet again.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.