[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hell do normies steal our culture yet treat us like shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 445x457) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 445x457
Why the hell do normies steal our culture yet treat us like shit?
>>
Because all they care about is themselves and impressing other normies.
>>
>>29331744

That's actually a pretty amazing photo.

Besides, this whole "lonely green man" thing was clearly a meme from conception - a meme that spreads only by replication. Do you really think the 'OC' artists who started drawing different versions of "lonely green man" weren't normies?

I know they were normies because I'm an oldfag, I've been here since 2014.
>>
Is that not what we do with anime? I see post after post of ppl dissing Asian men right beside a anime thread
>>
Memes are popular because its implied humor. It requires no effort, so normals can feel like they're part of somethings special by jumping on the bandwagon.

They can't make memes because they lack something essential to do so. So they must appropriate our memes.
>>
why cant you understand that you dont own internet culture?
>>
>>29331897
I'm not saying I do, but 4chsb has done more for 'internet culture' than re realize. We literally wrote the rules of the internet and created Anonymus, the online boogiman.
>>
>>29331937
>we
who is this 'we'? you certainly didn't contribute to either of those things. neither did I, and neither did the majority of the posters on this board, fuck off
>>
>>29332021
I challenge you to go a week talking to people IRL the way you do on 4chan, than tell me we don't have a 'culture.'

Very few people have started memes, but even than as a broad group users of this site often understand inside jokes and satire better than people off.

For example, find the cringiest Tumblr convertation, tumblr fags will unironically find that funny/tangible. Anons are the same except people outside this site use 4chan in jokes (though incorrectly and watered down) That's what this thread is created to discuss.
>>
>>29332141
Fuck off.

4chan, cripchan, and all the fucking TOR messageboards are a gurgling fountain of shit in the public domainspace that is the internet

whatever happens to spill out of this cesspit and splash onto the faces of the eager normalfags who drink it up isn't any of your concern or anybody elses

nobody owns the fountain and any attempt to do so is fucking gay

and if you are so worried about your precious shit geyser, then you are free to come back any time you want and drink deeply . . . just like i do every day
>>
>>29331744
God you're a faggot, stop being a loser and go make some friends
>>
>>29332141
i couldn't give less of a shit about what you wrote, all im saying is you shouldn't use the word 'we' as if you actually contribute to starting memes and shit
your attitude is embarassing
>>
thyats one /fa/ pepe
>>
>>29331897
We don't own internet culture but memes that originate from here and are then spread here can only enter normalfag culture if there are people spreading them outside of here, obviously, and that's where the problem lies. People are using humor derived from here to make normalfags laugh and thus attain higher social status (yes I acknowledge that it's weird that this is what memes have become). These normalfags get a laugh from the memes as they're funny and then they themselves can spread them to seem "in tune" with internet culture which actually attains social status nowadays. The normalfags are gaining two ways here because of 4chan content yet most of them laugh at and look down upon the user base here and I think that is what annoys /r9k/
>>
>>29331744
she was supposed to paint it upside down. what a dumb bitch.
>>
>>29331824
2014 the bait
>>
>>29331744
how the fuck was it your culture in the first place? pepe became popular in /v/ because of the sad threads and here because people didnt give a shit about searching for new pics to start a new thread so they alternated between pepe and wojack.
Anything beyond the first 3 or 4 edits means you ara a leditor nobody wants in the first place
>>
>>29331744
Because all normies must pay
>>
File: 1412610831581.jpg (615 KB, 2560x1403) Image search: [Google]
1412610831581.jpg
615 KB, 2560x1403
>>29331824
>2014
>oldfag

shiggy
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.