[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /newsincerity/ here? I'm so tired of all the irony.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10
File: Genuine said 8man.png (2 MB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
Genuine said 8man.png
2 MB, 1280x1440
Who /newsincerity/ here? I'm so tired of all the irony. Yes, call me contrarian (it's 4chan), but it's overdone with the post- and meta- iterations. This applies to more straightforward things too. I'd much rather look at girls without makeup than chemical peacocks.
>>
The entire internet is in a very meta post-ironic era right now and there's pretty much nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>29330215
The internet and real life have become one and the same. It's scary to me.
>>
File: lain.png (1 MB, 1092x1080) Image search: [Google]
lain.png
1 MB, 1092x1080
>>29330295
Well that was to be expected considering everyone these days carries around access to the internet in their pockets.
>>
>>29330122
>be posting on 4chan since '04
>was on fyad, ytmnd, luelinks before then
>first shitposted in aol chats when i was 7
>have fucked with more people than i could possibly remember
>have made money and gotten favors from more people than i could remember

I'm trying to be a better person now. Hard to live up to that since I'm still on /r9k/, but eh.
>>
File: filth-james-mcavoy.jpg (20 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
filth-james-mcavoy.jpg
20 KB, 300x225
>>29330122
I don't know I feel a certain comfyness in irony tbqhwyf, sincerity too often leads to cringe
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 256x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 256x403
>>29331608
Indeed, one must meme their own sincerity to be sincerely liked... Maybe
>>
File: 1435558230258.png (66 KB, 247x200) Image search: [Google]
1435558230258.png
66 KB, 247x200
>>29330122
me too OP. Im a very blunt person. Or maybe Im just dumb? I just want to tell people what I really feel and have them do the same. This never works well, always comes off awkward. Why do we have to live in a world of lies and dishonesty
>>
>>29330295
>The internet and real life have become one and the same.
By real life you probably mean things you see on television (the news counts too). Try going outside and interacting with real people.
>>
I very much felt the same way OP, so I tried an experiment.

In my communications with internet friends, I dropped the lowercase post-ironic method of typing you usually see on tumblr and 4chan. I aimed to use perfect punctuation and succint language. I never fluffed up my messaged with fancy words. I said directly what came into my head at the moment of typing.

After this, I find people respond to you more warmly. They appreciate the sincerity. I reccomend you try this too.

>>29331608
I believe this "cringe" you speak of is a fear of sincereity and honestly expressing how you feel. Drop the irony and you will be free.
>>
File: 1457935194339.png (57 KB, 1112x311) Image search: [Google]
1457935194339.png
57 KB, 1112x311
I'm tired of the irony and memeing shit too. I'd love to have a genuine conversation with someone who was sincere about their interests and such, but I guess people generally live behind too many walls so it's unlikely to happen.

I'm tired of flinging shit and arguing and whatnot. To find any amount of honest conversation from someone would be amazing.
>>
>>29331901
A NEET does not simply go outside and interact with "real" people. I don't watch television or pay attention to the news unless it shows up on here.
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 189x266) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 189x266
the fact you people believe in perfect introspection is hilarious. Someone might disagree
>>
File: 1457074142087.jpg (98 KB, 1440x1708) Image search: [Google]
1457074142087.jpg
98 KB, 1440x1708
The cyclical shit machine of meta irony is what happened when people suddenly became too cool for literally everything. Using irony, you can put people down and shit on anything you want without ever having to commit to a real opinion that people can then disagree with.

It's the holy grail for people that need to feel superior to absolutely everyone. Just kick the ironic detachment up another level when you're not the coolest kid anymore, no original thought required. That's why if we even live to see the end of this stupid fad it's going to get even worse before it gets better.
>>
>>29332315
I dropped the lowercase after seeing a literal meme subreddit filled with everyone upvoting their 'wow' comments. I had no idea how pervasive it was. I was generally always sincere (it's why I'm here) but now I don't type nonsense anymore.
>>
>>29333004
So then how would you know real life is like the internet?
>>
File: 1465364663125.jpg (62 KB, 455x423) Image search: [Google]
1465364663125.jpg
62 KB, 455x423
>>29332315
>>29331852
You two seem like friends I'd want but for some reason I get the feeling the friendship would be short lived or shallow for the same reasons people are outlining in this thread.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I wish I met people like you guys on a daily basis organically but even if I did I'd probably never know it. In real life I imagine the type of people who are very guarded and secretive. Careful and intelligent enough to get by. Maybe I'm projecting a little though.
>>
>>29333510
>without ever having to commit to a real opinion that people can then disagree with
Basically the internet. Now there's no shaming or any other consequences for denigrating people or their opinions, and there's no risk to yourself or your feelings.
So anyone who puts themselves out there is putting a target onto themselves that anyone can throw shit at and they can't really do anything back.
Irony is a protection mechanism for this.
>>
>>29332315
"I dropped the lowercase post-ironic method of typing"

What is this? Example, please?
>>
>>29331852
iktf, anon.

does not feel good tbqhfam

>>29332389
>that pic
why god
>>
>>29334335

so i went outside and this cat was there like what i dont even have a cat help
>>
I do enjoy irony but I definitely prefer sincerity. Anonymity lets me be sincere without the fear of breaking social taboos and alienating people, so I can pour my heart out and be free from social consequences.

If I didn't have this venue for expressing myself, however poorly I seem to, I'd have killed myself by now.
>>
>>29334444
I... uh... checked?
>>
>>29334177
>the type of people who are very guarded and secretive
Not them, but I share a similar sentiment.
In real life it usually takes me a while to come up with a response because just as you said, I guard my speech to make sure I don't say something stupid. Therefore I am too slow for normal conversations and get left out until I finally get an opportunity to throw in my two cents that I've been polishing and waiting for another chance to use since last time the topic came up. Which is why I like it here, it gives me time to think before I post.

I get by by being careful to not put my foot in my mouth or sperg out and reveal my powerlevel. i.e. keeping my mouth shut.
>>
>>29334444
savage post my man
>>
>>29334335
FYAD speak from like 7+ years ago somehow became the predominant style of "trendy" humor delivery on several social media platforms. That's what that is. If you don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, there's a chance you may never really understand. Good.
>>
>>29333004
NEET=/=Hikki
>>
>>29330122
Long since. The only thing I do with irony is use it to show they're projecting something on me when I clearly see it. I was always brutally honest anyway.
>>
>>29333926
I've recognized this from people's echoes online and through thinking about it. Would you disagree and say it's not prevalent?
>>
>>29334867
I acknowledge the difference that's why I didn't say I'm a hikki. I drove one place six months ago and that's the last outing I've had since then unless you count checking the mail twice. Hikkis don't step out for years.
>>
>>29334925
>A NEET does not simply go outside and interact with "real" people.
>>
You know what ticks me off a bit?
People who pretend to be in a hobby or sub-culture for irony points.
Like selfhating weebs. If you like something just admit you like it instead of dancing around the issue, for fucks sake.
>>
>>29334974
those people tick me off too
t. one of them
>>
>>29334974

Admitting that you actually give a shit about something is dangerous in some places. It can be the fastest way to be on the outs with a community.
>>
>>29335312
But this is an anonymous forum
>>
File: 1437333538279.jpg (23 KB, 613x431) Image search: [Google]
1437333538279.jpg
23 KB, 613x431
>>29330122
>he thinks he can transcend the cultural prison of self in the post-ironic sociopolitical hegemony of 2016
>>
>>29335590
I want to disagree with you anon, but you have a point. I don't see where our culture could possible head to escape this thought-trap. Perhaps some sort of palingenesis?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.