[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't stop thinking about how I'm gonna die. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
I can't stop thinking about how I'm gonna die. I'm so scared of mortality and being stuck on this rock. I never wanted to be born. I never asked for conciousness. I envy the animals who live and die without being able to ask "why." Anyone else have a fear of the existential? I need to find someone to talk to about this.
>>
>>29330011
Dubs speaks the truth. Reality is cruel and pointless and none of us asked to be here. 90 percent of life is pain and ultimately the universe will evaporate one day.

Seriously what the fuck even is existence. Atoms are neutrons protons electons etc. Those are made of quarks- but what are they made of? Is time an illusion? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
>>
yeah
I don't think I envy animals
they have a lot to be afraid of
I don't know who or what is enviable anymore

I want to die very badly, but I don't know what dying means
>>
>>29330072
Think about it. What is the absolute best-case scenario for us? We live so long that your very existence is nothing but pain, confusion, and if we're lucky, narcotically-induced stupor. We live so long until our bodies finally can't function any longer and we painfully die of old age. We become a cruel mockery of who we were, before our corporeal shells finally give out. Life is suffering. Where is the good in that?
>>
>>29330317
Perhaps we will as a species advance past this one day and become truly enlightened but I we won't live to see it.

Honestly I know it's kind of a meme now but the best way to envision death is "what was life like before you were born"- obviously we can't answer it, but essentially, we have all already been dead.

Our lives are blips in the timeline of the Universe. There were billions of years before us and billions after us. Death may be better than this confusion but it sucks we had to be put here to fear it in the first place.
>>
>>29330551
Seriously. I don't fear the abyss. I fear falling into it.
>>
im not afraid of being dead, obviously i dont want to die or anything but the part that gets me is the manor in which you die. most deaths are brutal (stabbing, drowning, cancer, etc). i have goal and wants, like how i want to have an instrumental album and im working on it but at the aame time its ofd to think that ultimately even your biggest goals in life wont mean anything
>>
File: 1399123751875.jpg (44 KB, 565x506) Image search: [Google]
1399123751875.jpg
44 KB, 565x506
>tfw the basis of all life is to kill and eat another living organism in order to survive
scary shit
>>
Isn't there hope of a resurrection of the dead?
>>
what do you all think of an after life? i dont beleive there could be but im bot going to argue about it i just would like to hear what you have to say it will give me something to think about
>>
>>29331040

On this mountain the LORD Almighty will prepare a feast of rich food for all peoples, a banquet of aged wine-- the best of meats and the finest of wines.

On this mountain he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers all nations;

he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people's disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."
>>
>>29330981
If they have been dead long, not really. You would need nanobot tech to reassemble their atoms. Even then if the atoms have been displaced and you re-attach them- is it still them?

More to the point after the sweet embrace of the void, would you want to come back to this life of suffering?
>>
dont be atheist dude every living creature has a soul and you will live on
>>
>>29331106
Must be nice being religious and not and Atheist, nihilist materialist with a belief only in nothing as the constant of the Universe.
>>
>>29331125
[CITATION NEEDED] [CITATION NEEDED] [CITATION NEEDED] [CITATION NEEDED] [CITATION NEEDED] [CITATION NEEDED] [CITATION NEEDED] [CITATION NEEDED]
>>
>>29331125
youre probably kidding but if youre not, how do we know the soul is real?
>>
Yup "the biggest joke in the universe is that if intelligent life does evolve and become aware of their surroundings they just get to ponder how meaningless they all are" I saw another anon say this in a different thread.
>>
>>29331161

Well personally I still struggle. I started out as an atheist nihilist, and I'd still consider myself a materialist, but don't those words encourage you? I mean, to me it makes sense in a way that death doesn't.

Clearly we are created beings, neither of us designed our incredibly complex bodies, neither of us shaped the cosmic forces that drove evolution to create consciousness and intelligence - so something created us, and something complex doesn't come from something less complex, so the source of our creation must be as intelligent and likely significantly more intelligent than we can even imagine.

This source of creation by definition must be able to 'see' everything in creation, to know every thought that I have and every desire. I believe he won't truly allow me to die in any meaningful sense.
>>
>>29330931
This.

I dont fear death on its own but the way in which most people die is what scares the shit out of me.

ie: heart disease, cancer, car accident
>>
File: 1453984761548.jpg (99 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1453984761548.jpg
99 KB, 750x750
After the death, there will be quite some "transition time" for the old yourself. It will be exactly the "paradise" how you believed in during your stay here, so fire up that imagination, anons. After that, you will be either purified of the old you and the... Well, for the lack of better words; "soul" will be sent back, to resolve things it needs to resolve before another step. That will repeat many times and "you" already have done it many times before.

Or, if everything you needed to learn and resolve is finished, you will go somewhere completely different.
>>
>>29331467
what religion are you into
>>
Chill out and have a sodie pop.
>>
>>29331526
I don't follow any religion.
>>
>>29331570
ok

how do you know that stuff is true? not being rude im curious
>>
>>29330951
not all life does that
>>
what is your idea to what the purpose of life is
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.