[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me about Zoloft? I just got prescribed it for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: lawyer-for-zoloft-300x200.jpg (15 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
lawyer-for-zoloft-300x200.jpg
15 KB, 300x200
Can someone tell me about Zoloft? I just got prescribed it for my anxiety and I'm curious if anyone else here has been on it.

Does it work?
>>
>>29329557
I don't like it. Maybe it will work for you, I don't want to say that it can't. The thing is that pills can't change your situation they can just change how your body reacts. If you're on it for only anxiety you have a pretty good chance of getting help. I'm on Zoloft for depression and anxiety and I think it's made my depression worse by anxiety better. It's really good at numbing you, but that's not always what you need. I hope it works out for you good luck
>>
>>29329557
I've been on zoloft for 3 years now for my BPD/anxiety. It's the 4th medication I've tried and it works wonders. Everyone responds differently to these chemicals, though, so you have to try it to know if it'll help you.

One word of caution, though. It tends to increase anxiety in the first few weeks you're taking it. I had daily, way-worse panic attacks at first. But after a month, they went away completely.

Good luck, anon!
>>
it turns you into anime
>>
I'm on celexa for GAD and it has stopped the anxiety pretty good, although it hasnt helped the depression as much as I had hoped.

I am also going through a stressful and depressing month

Overall it has made me feel pretty numb.
>>
>>29329557
didn't work well for me.
made me extremely aggressive and angry at the drop of a hat
also did weird things to my dick, and this was on the smallest dosage (50mg iirc)

I just dropped it and swapped for st johns wort taken in the morning.
sounds like hippie trash, I know, but it works.
>>
I've been on probably 7 or 8 different ones and Zoloft was one of the better ones. Couldn't get hard though. I'm on Wellbutrin now and it's the best one I've used. If Zoloft doesn't work you should give Wellbutrin a try.
>>
>>29329557
Started taking 25mg in January and it helped slightly but not much.

Come march or so I upped the dose to 50mg and I gotta say it has definitely made a difference. I'm still a lazy sack of shit, but I'm more apathetic now, which leads to much easier life mentally desu.

The anxiety and the bad thoughts are there still, of course. But the apathy kind of just doesn't really make me care about them as much.

So yes, I suppose it's a bit easier to talk to people now. I can also choose to not sulk in bed all day...though that still happens sometimes.

No change in sex drive, still fap 3 times a day.
>>
I'm on max dose Zoloft right now, after switching from Lexapro.

I felt like utter shit at first, but I don't know if that was the Zoloft or the withdrawals from the Lexapro. It feels like it has really helped with the anxiety but I seem to get depressed at night a lot worse and more often than I did on the lexapro. I'd say it's worth a try.

I do feel more "off" on the Zoloft than on the Lexapro. Can't really explain the feeling exactly, just that my head feels funny.

I also have a prescription for Xanax that I keep subtly trying to get increased to no avail.
>>
File: just screaming.jpg (102 KB, 633x640) Image search: [Google]
just screaming.jpg
102 KB, 633x640
>>29329557
it's retardedly addictive
if you cycle on prepare to be on for like a 6 moths to a year after you decide to cycle off while you ween

never took it, closest i ever did was lexapro, it made me numb and want more lexapro
>>
>>29329557
Yes but wait two weeks before it starts having a noticeable effect. And don't just stop taking it, you'll feel like shit.
It's good.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.