[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to be fat and healthy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1465931872167.jpg (158 KB, 950x950) Image search: [Google]
1465931872167.jpg
158 KB, 950x950
>>

It's possible.

Is it possible that YOU are fat and healthy?

No.
>>
Is it possible to find $1,000 on the street?
>>
>>29327368
http://wtvr.com/2014/04/20/one-man-finds-1000-in-walmart-parking-lot-you-wont-believe-what-he-does-with-it/
>>
>>29327136

Not in any way ever.
>>
>>29327427
Well sure it is possible. The point is that you shouldn't count on it happening when you're broke. The same way fat people shouldn't hope they'll get lucky either.
>>
>>29327136
Fat and healthy yeah, obese and healthy no
>>
>>29327136
Nope, even if you are "healthy" you certainly don't look "healthy" and that kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Original
>>
>>29327473
Sorry, I was kidding. OP is probably long gone.
>>
File: 1464623240792.jpg (40 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1464623240792.jpg
40 KB, 500x540
>>29327136
No. Just stop eating and do some cardio.
>>
Yeah it is. One of my friends is like 80 pounds overweight but he doesn't have diabetes, his blood pressure is perfect, his heart is perfect, is stamina is pretty good. He works out and has a lot of muscle along with his fat though. Mainly though, his diet is good. He only drinks water and only really eats healthy food. Doesn't eat fried stuff or junk food or sweets. The only reason he's fat is because he eats a ton but when you're only eating vegetables and chicken and shit, your body probably adapts well.

Even he admits though he's the 1% and his body will probably struggle with his weight when he's an old man. But at the current time he's a ox.
>>
>>29327190
Exactly this.

It's possible, but it gets exponentially harder. I was fat and healthy when I was playing sports in high school, and I was fat and healthy for a short period after it, but now I'm in my mid-twenties. The endurance is still there but I can slowly feel my body slowing down.

Don't fall for it HAES meme, Anon. Get in shape.
>>
>>29327136
Well yes, but honestly it's a pretty narrow range. I mean, I know people in better shape than those of a healthy size.

But usually, if you have to ask, then no. You can be in good shape for your size, but you aren't going to be healthy when you have a bunch of fat all over your body.

Hit the gym, fatty. We're all gonna make it. .
>>
>>29327136
Yes, it depends on why you are fat. Fructose and Alcohol really fuck up your body, these fatties are sick all the time and get chronic metabolic diseases.
If you are fat from eating too many healthy (or at least neutral) calories you still have a lower quality of life from being ugly and heavy (not as agile as other people) but you will be physiologily healthy.
>>
>>29327136
yes, for a hippo
>>
>>29327136
No. Either you're having heart failures etc or you're just fucked in the head to become fat in the first place.
>>
>>29327136
>>29327473
>>29328311
>>29328358

These anons are all kinds right.
Truth is, you can be fat and healthy. But, the real question is, for how long?

You can put in fifty pounds in half a year, and your body will probably be okay with the idea for a while.

But when you're fat, your body wears out so much quicker. You might be healthy now, but soon, you'll start to spring leaks everywhere, and much sooner than thin people.

Get thin anons. You don't want your knees to break and your heart to quit on you.

You may be fine now, but you won't be soon.
>>
I'd assume no. I'm pushing 400 pounds but I can still swim and hike and do a lot of physical activity. And I got a gut, trust me.
Only reason my eating isn't better is because money is low, which sucks. I promised myself if I can get the fat off (by dieting or maybe cheat and do lipo) I'd stick with training regimens and shit.
>>
>>29327136
Only for livestock
>>
>>29329759
Most often the way you lose weight is by cutting calories. If your caloric input is less than your physical output you lose weight. But exercise hasn't been shown to be directly correlated with weight. What tends to happens moreso is that exercise improves the quality of your heart bones and lungs.

Also to answer op, yes. About a third of obese individuals are considered metabolically healthy, but as a lot of anons have said, that's only a transitional phase about twelve percent of people that were previously classed as such end up becoming metabolically unhealthy as they age.

So keep all of this in mind.
>>
>>29327136
>Is it possible to be fat and healthy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxymoron
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.