[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
worthless NEET here and have an interview at a warehouse tomorrow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 9
File: warehouse.jpg (67 KB, 780x683) Image search: [Google]
warehouse.jpg
67 KB, 780x683
worthless NEET here and have an interview at a warehouse tomorrow

how shit is this job? when will Chad start treating me like shit?
>>
>>29326081
Don't worry about chads, at warehouses everybody is a loser.
>>
Probably fast paced and shitty.

I did warehouse for Costco and they really busted your balls.
>>
Warehouse jobs are for people who failed at life. There is no chads.
>>
>>29326081
you might have a mental breakdown if you havent realized how much of a failure you are yet
>>
I would expect a lot of worn down middle age men, not chads.
>>
Better than fast food and retail, worse than an office job. Probably a 0% chance of you moving up, so I recommend job searching once you've got the hang of things and can kind of coast along at work with no worries.

Good luck
>>
how much heavy lifting do you have to do in these kind of jobs? will my skinnyfat arms get BTFO?
>>
>>29326081
hahaha boy get ready for wishing for other's death 24/7. you will always get a few people that think they're managers and boss you around.
or a few people that form their own kind of pack and just stay together.
a few worthless people that don't do shit.
loner.

I was the loner and depending on situations and people there I either went all out to help or nothing at all.
>>
>>29326189

You'll probably have to drag pallet jacks around a lot like that picture. Warehouse jobs kinda follow the saying "if you can't make money with your mind, you'll have to make it with your back"
>>
>>29326081
Warehouse job was the best job i ever had. 2 years i worked at a warehouse shipping parts of cleaning tools.

7 hours a day (friday 5 hours) from 3pm-10pm. 22 euros an hour (scandinavian). I could just pack while listening to music and radio. Sometimes i would wander the halls and pretend to be looking for something or someone. Then i would go sit on the toilet for 10 minutes pretending to take an ogre shit
>>
It's going to keep you in shape at least. Invest in a comfy vest. It'll keep you warm in a cold warehouse and leave your arms free to lift/work
>>
maybe i should look into getting a CDL instead

>>29326189
from the ad:

Mon-Friday 8-12 hour work days
Full Time
$10.50 to $14.50 per hour
Must have valid drivers license
Must be able to carry/lift 22-44 lbs.
and push/pull 220-440 lbs.

>>29326248
this is what im afraid of.
>>
Best Job Ever

>work out while you get paid by lifting and walking
>benefits
>higher pay than average
>drive cool machines
>people give you a job then let you do it, no micromanaging
>spend most of day unsupervised/alone
>listen to whatever music/book/podcast you want
>free coffee
>4chan on phone when taking shits

I did it for five years before they moved me up to a desk, if I wasn't the most computer savvy person here I'd rather be out there. But I am so I can fuck off all day
>>
>>29326183
>worse than an office job.
do you have experience with one? I'm thinking of applying but I have no idea what it would be like.

do all office require a monkey suit
>>
>>29326283
doing this shit all day must fuck up your back though.
>>
>>29326081
literal robots will be doing this shit in 7 years
>>
>>29326081

How do I get a job like this? Help me bros
>>
>>29326283

I work in a steel mill and I'm making 30 an hour (plus incentive) as I write this from my a/c shack. I just toss bands over steel coils as they slowly pass by and spend the rest of my time listening to music and playing on my phone.

One guys watches movies and the other plays weeb games on his 3ds.

Also I get free benefits.
>>
>>29326320
www.indeed.com

type warehouse and look for stuff without crazy requirements
>>
>>29326283

This but only in first world. In third world countries where I live is one of the most underpaid shitty jobs literally like $60 or less a week.
>>
File: 20160425_013657.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160425_013657.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Third day of not being a NEET here. My body aches. I'm always sweaty. I'm 30min away from home and the house smells of mold.
But km getting g paid $12hr under the table so I just gotta keep on demoing this old ass house and 450 a week will help me finally get a gaming pc!
>>
>>29326295
Not as much as sitting all day
>>
>tfw can't even get a shitty warehouse job
They seem to pay more than wagecuck jobs and I just want an income to live on.
>>
>>29326373
you're gonna feel proud of yourself when you play that gaming pc.
>>
>>29326081
It's just high school all over again.

> cliques
> rumors
> drama
> everyone's banging each other
>>
>>29326081
Its really fucking ass
My managers were Indian too which means they don't look at you as human and yell at you with silly accents. Never again.
>>
>>29326517
Could say the same about every job really.
>>
>>29326292
Yep, I've been working in an office environment for a little over a year. Just like any job, there are pros and cons. Ultimately, I think it's a great job for a robot to have

PROS:
>24/7 access to a computer and the internet
>able to get work done at your own pace. Some people get everything done early, others spread it out to make the day go by faster
>usually a rec room/lounge where you can relax when taking lunch or chill at during the weekends when no managers are working
>office qt's, most of them are nice and almost always it's a 60/40 gender split
>air conditioning, wi-fi, catering, bathroom breaks whenever you feel like getting away, office parties
>great if you want to network, whether it be with clients or your own coworkers. Always nice to know somebody
>low stress, high reward

CONS:
>Weight gain. If you're already spending all day at the computer, don't worry too much about this one. If you are an active person however, get ready to spend your free time working out just to stay in shape
>Monotony. That spreadsheet you just finished working on? Get ready to do that several times a day, every day, until you either die or move up. Seriously, these jobs are fucking boring
>Days off are hard to come by. If you're in an office, odds are you are fulfilling a role that is pretty crucial to the entire office system. Good luck getting more than one or two sick days a year
>Safespace mentality. As I mentioned before, most offices are primarily filled with women. No swearing, no jokes, no flirting, no fun.
>Always having to look busy, but that really goes without saying
>Your habits will change, whether it be for better or worse. Before I was working here, I worked at a detailing company. I would go out and get wasted every night, because I knew I didn't have to look presentable or really even function the next day. Coming into an office hungover is a fucking death sentence
>>
>>29326340
literally where can i find a job like this
>>
>>29326295
Also you WILL get a hernia at some point.
>>
>>29326552
how do you even get an office job? by being a successful Chad or failed Chad with a cool degree and connections? im a worthless dropout
>>
>>29326283
Warehouse Foreman here.

Came in the thread to say warehouse jobs are awesome if you're not a major retailer (Wal-Mart, Costco, etc.).
>>
>>29326590

I knew someone who worked here. I lucked out big time.

Most of the other guys hired with me ended up in the fucking blast furnace at a different mill.
>>
>>29326633
Depends, but yeah having a degree helps. I got mine through a temp agency, and the company that hired me through the temp agency ended up hiring me on as a full-time employee because they liked my...work ethic, or something. Really, all I do at work differently as opposed to anywhere else is just be fake-happy all the time and try and be as helpful as possible. I'm still dead inside.

If I remember correctly, the job requirements went as follows:
>High School Diploma or GED
>Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Powerpoint, and Microsoft Word
>Ability to work under pressure, in a group environment, sometimes meeting and completing tasks last minute
>At least two years experience in an office environment

I know there were more, but I remember those last 3 because honestly all I had out of those was a HS Diploma. I lied about everything else, and when I found out I was getting an interview, I spent the entire night beforehand learning everything I could about those different programs
>>
>>29326762
>At least two years experience in an office environment
How did you lie about this one?
>>
>how shit is this job?

Honestly? Very.

I'm not trying to discourage you. I hope you do great. But from my experience, warehouse/factory jobs are the fucking worst.
>>
>>29326512
I hope so! This is tough work and I'm used to being sedentary and getting up late. Wish it was cooler outside because I'm soaked... At work now and I'm just working with 2 guys
>>
>>29326794
I told them that I had worked at a company that sold propane for commercial use. I picked a spot in town that was abandoned but fit the bill, then went and got a burner cell phone and listed that # as a reference, and said that reference was my old boss.

During the interview, I mentioned to them that I'm pretty sure the propane place got closed down, but I included my old bosses # in the resume just in case they want some else's opinion of me. They appreciated how thorough I was, and I never did get a call on that burner
>>
>work at a warehouse
>not even a real warehouse job, all I do is pack boxes and put them on pallets
It's monotonous, boring, and the hours are shit (60 this week), the single black mothers who actually package the products can get grating but it's WAY fucking better than fast food. So I'm happy.
>>
>>29326873
Do you get to wear headphones? I don't think I could take 60 hours of sassy blackwomen talk. Also, in my area it's mostly Mexicans who hardly speak to you
>>
>>29326114
>>29326132
>>29326148

Honestly, this.

Everybody at warehouse/factory jobs failed at life in one way or another.. Yes, you will have the people who are only there temporarily and they're going to college at the same time, but mainly it'll be full of illegal immigrants, niggers, general low IQ people and NEETs who were forced to get a job.

Working in that environment made me realize how pathetic I was.. it's not a good feeling.
>>
>>29326713
>I knew someone who worked here
Literally how everyone gets hired now. You can't get a job without knowing someone on the inside anymore
>>
>>29326912
Not allowed to have cellphones or electronics on us.
>>
>>29326930
I'm calling and quitting for you.
>>
>>29326945
It's the only job that would take me. I have no choice.
>>
File: 08-King-of-Hill-Hank_l.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
08-King-of-Hill-Hank_l.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
>>29326859
>I told them that I had worked at a company that sold propane for commercial use
>I had worked at a company that sold propane for commercial use
>sold propane for commercial use
>propane
>>
>>29327026
I mean, who in their right mind would question it?
>>
>>29326477
>They seem to pay more than wagecuck jobs

Uh.. all jobs are wagecuck jobs.

If you're getting paid to work, you're a wagecuck.
>>
>>29327055

god will you shut the fuck up you lazy neet parasite
>>
>>29327077

What?

I was simply just stating how >wagecuck job is redundant.

All jobs are wagecuck jobs.

No need to get assblasted, wagey.
>>
>>29326552
but do you have to wear a monkey suit is the BIG question?
>>
>>29326913

this, I got an IT internship at a auto parts factory and had to do orientation with these people. I felt so fucking out of place.
>>
>>29327236
My bosses where jeans/w dress shirts, I wear jeans/w polos and a nice watch

I do live in Texas, however
>>
>>29326859
What would you have done if they had called?
>>
>>29327393
Answered it and bullshitted some more
>>
>>29327488
you are one smart anon. I want to stick my penis in you.
>>
>>29327510
I'd hire you if I had that kind of power
>>
>>29326945

I've worked a warehouse job with a no cellphone policy (which didn't apply to me for the first half of my employment as I did not have a phone at that time, and continued to not apply to me after a promotion since the idea is that I'm a responsible adult and am given enough latitude to carry a phone and still do my job, which I later got). I have to say that I really liked how the concept of not having a fucking phone actively seemed to anger the normies there. They/we may be working scrub jobs, but they're still going out to bars after a shift, having sex, etc. Total normies. There is absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with a company saying "you're around deadly machinery all day, you don't need to be distracted. We're not paying you to text. Leave it in your locker or we're canning you."

OTOH I could later see it from the company's perspective. It's also a nice way of minimizing the chance of someone documenting an impropriety which might be a liability for the company.
>>
>>29327547
Yeah but what about listening to those sick jamz tho
>>
>>29326552
>office qt's, most of them are nice and almost always it's a 60/40 gender split

Sometimes I regret going into engineering. In my entire office of 75 people, there are about 10 women, 3 or 4 of them even remotely close to my age.
>>
>>29327561

Stereos and boomboxes were tolerated, although management would periodically push back on these, esp. if their setups became ugly rat's nests, etc.

Actually it was interesting walking the plant and hearing the different stuff that different people would listen to. First-shifter old-timers liked dadrock and one cool dude would mix it up with jazz or something else every once in a while. The lines with (mostly) young men doing heavy work tended towards metal, or rap, the blacker/more wigger the line got. Of course, the maintenance shop was staffed by actual skilled labor so they'd have some country station quietly crooning in between their lathing, projects, etc. Out by shipping we settled on ESPN radio for a few years, but other than that it was just middle-of-the-road pop-rock stations.

One time the building's PA got stuck on some public radio station for like a week, and everyone was "forced" to endure classical and free jazz. I and one other nerdy guy in shipping thought it was funny and great, but everyone else, even the pleb middle management, HATED it and killed it as soon as they figured out where this thing was (we were in a new building by this point).
>>
I've worked in warehouse temp jobs quite a few times. Couple of times it was in a warehouse full of niggers and muslims. One of them went ooga booga on me because I used his pen. The Muslims would wash their feet in the sink in the restrooms and pray on the piss stained floor. They all "disappeared" when the place got raided by the police and got replace with eastern europeans.

>>29326183
>Probably a 0% chance of you moving up
Pretty much all the management (mostly lower but a fewer higher up) at the place I worked were former warehouse peons. They had been there longer than most NEETs have been alive though.
>>
>>29327767

What were the eastern europeans like?
>>
File: kek.jpg (94 KB, 600x572) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
94 KB, 600x572
>>29327767
>One of them went ooga booga on me because I used his pen. The Muslims would wash their feet in the sink in the restrooms and pray on the piss stained floor.

TOPPEST OF KEKS
>>
mostly in warehouse, failed normies and broken people like alocoholic but it depends very highly on the company. it's kinda a robot-tier job but low one, try night security or some better shit
>>
>>29327767
>The Muslims would wash their feet in the sink in the restrooms and pray on the piss stained floor.

They do this too at my mom's job. She keeps telling me about them washing their feet in the sink and praying in the bathroom's floor.

Their customs simply dont watch that of the west at all..
>>
>>29326283
My brother did this for UPS for like 8 years until they promoted him to driver and now he makes fucking bank, like 80k a year. He's a total autist too.
>>
>>29328270

>8 years

Fuck. How much did he make before he got promoted?
>>
>>29328269
holy shit.. we also have a muslim guy that washes his feet in the sink. what the hell is their deal?
>>
>>29328318
Jack shit, they actually had him working part time through most of it I believe. His gf left him over lack of finances back then too. He did it between the ages of 19-27.
>>
>>29328270
>80k

what teh FUCK

how? what the fuck
>>
>>29326810
How? I've worked a lot of jobs including warehouses. It's just marginally hard labor. You don't have to deal with fucked up customers. You don't even have to deal wtih bosses or even other coworkers. It's a pretty sweet job for a robot.
>>
>>29328418
drivers get paid really well
>>
File: Untitled.png (8 KB, 674x153) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8 KB, 674x153
>>29328418
UPS has a union and he requests to work saturdays and holidays which means he earns like 4x normal pay on those occasions which puts him on the high end of driver earnings.
>>
>>29328485
it's a job for braindead people and thick arms
>>
>>29328414
Doesn't UPS only pay package handlers $8.50/hr. plus benefits to make up for it?
>>
>>29328319

It's some muslim thing. Not really sure what it means but yeah.
The praying on the floor thing is to pray to Allah. I think they face East each time or something.
>>
>>29328485
>It's a pretty sweet job for a robot.

Seeing as how most people here are sedentary and probably sit at their computer most of the day, no, it's not a sweet job.

A sweet job for a robot is being some system admin that just sits fucking around on the computer most of the day.
>>
>>29327905
The women are very nice, as Borat would say. Shame that they all want to get married in their twenties and have kids.
>>
>>29326913
this is true, cant confirm the illegal part but I'd believe it. Really made me reflect on what shitty lives people have, better be NEET instead rly
>>
>>29328538
The VAST majority of jobs are very mind numbing and tedious. That's what makes the world go round. I would much rather pull orders in a warehouse unadulterated than work in customer service having someone take their insecurities and shitty childhood out on me.

>>29328611
Yeah I'm sure employers are going to give all the no skill no experience robots sys admin jobs if they ask. Why even say this? Are we just imagining ideal situations. Well mine is just being rich and never having to work. Also warehouse work require very little manual labour. Obviously it's more than a desk job, but it's not like contruction or maritime work. It's just enough get a good body work out in a day.
>>
File: 1461265737902.png (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1461265737902.png
19 KB, 400x400
>>29326373
What's your job, bro? I want a gaming PC too....And booze/weed money.
>>
File: Prayer-Room-Ideas-WuduMate-M.jpg (391 KB, 1000x648) Image search: [Google]
Prayer-Room-Ideas-WuduMate-M.jpg
391 KB, 1000x648
>>29328319
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wudu

Muslims are supposed to clean themselves before praying, washing your face, arms and feet. Most facilities in muslim countries have an extra room in the bathroom that looks like like pic related, so it's easier to do the whole thing.
>>
The reason they pay more is because you're on your feet lifting and pulling most of the day. Also, people you work with are usually wierdos and the office staff (offices on the side are more common than not) WILL look down on you, it's the only thing they have.

Try and get an office/retail job, warehouse is shit. I have one rule in life and it's that I don't lift heavy shit that isn't mine.
>>
File: 1451363481413.jpg (8 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1451363481413.jpg
8 KB, 205x246
>tfw I wasn't strong enough to pull the diary pallets and water pallets at my old stocker job so they laid me off
>>
File: tumblr_lz5mljEJtM1rpppreo1_400.jpg (4 KB, 251x243) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lz5mljEJtM1rpppreo1_400.jpg
4 KB, 251x243
I've been working in a warehouse for 6 years. This thread makes me feel bad
>>
>>29328723
>Really made me reflect on what shitty lives people have

Yep.. and dont get it wrong, NOBODY likes those jobs. Which is why most people there are miserable as fuck, and then they treat others miserably in turn and vice versa.
>>
>>29328740
>Yeah I'm sure employers are going to give all the no skill no experience robots sys admin jobs if they ask.

Not all robots are unskilled. Many of us here were/are in college.. I thought this was the norm on 4chan.

Since when did being a "robot" turn into being a completely fuck up failure? I thought robots were just people who cant fit in society too well.. Because of depression, social anxiety, autism, etc. Doesnt mean you have to be a dumbfuck NEET.
>>
>>29328902
>Also, people you work with are usually wierdos and the office staff (offices on the side are more common than not) WILL look down on you, it's the only thing they have.

This is true.

Is it the fact that theyre being paid to sit around all day while warehouse/factory people are busting their ass for less pay than them, what makes them look down on warehouse people? That warehouse people are somehow dumb because of it?

It's the only conclusion I can come up with.
>>
>>29329183
Working with your hands is one of the oldest divisions of economic class.
>>
>>29328270
>80k
>fucking bank

Do you live in Moldavia or something?
>>
>>29326278
>440lb push pull

kek thats baby shit compared to walmart. we had 800+'s on a normal basis. thats some shit to deal with, you have no clue. im fucking 19 and had to do that myself. Its good pay for young kids but a ball breaker on some nights. It was that then just fucking around the whole night because it was a non 24/7 walmart

maintenance was good because nothing to do but same pay
>>
>>29329279

That's well beyond the average US salary
>>
>>29329183
>what makes them look down on warehouse people?
As someone who works in one of these warehouse/office combos, my badge doesn't even allow access to the lounges and rooms of the offices, but they have full access to everything. They believe their degrees, hard work, and work ethic makes them deserving of their job. They are right. However those of us stuck in the warehouse that can make it there are just forgotten about. Not even on the map. It's a typical situation of middle/lower class division. The ticket to the middle class is being born in the middle class.
>>
>>29329320
That doesn't make it an objectively large amount of money tbf. My brother makes 100k annually and I don't think he even has a degree
>>
>>29329355

What does he do? Did he get it by knowing someone?
>>
>>29329365

ATC. High demand, low supply.

Of course I'm a turbo-neet so 80k seems like a lot to me but staying with him at his place really put things in perspective.
>>
>>29329279
Breaking News: anon is unaware of people making less than 100k. Daddy is thought to be the cause.
>>
>>29329127
"robot" doesnt mean shit
reddit9k is a shit board full of dumb normalfags, most underage, who heard of 4chan through some shit social media or shit news
>>
fuck that shit op, get a union job. I get paid $1000 a week to drive and refuel machines at night.

Greatest fucking job I've ever had.
>>
>>29328777
Im working with a few guys that remodel homes. We just get them liveble again. I'm learning lots of shit about construction and tools. The jobs has me aching but I'm on a normie sleep schedule at least and u get a lot of excercise. It's on ly my 3rd day
>>
>>29326081
You will be constantly pushed to beat your targets and will always feel tired at the end of the day. No music allowed and strict rules to follow. The only good news is that you are on your own for the majority and everyone is a loser
>>
>>29329481

>machines

What kind of machines?
>>
>>29329481
is that before or after taxes?
>>
>>29329279
kys fucking normalslime chad reeeeee
>>
Are you lazy bitches really implying that because the job is manual labour that people are miserable?
>>
our warehouse is hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I'd hate to have to work in it again
>tfw office a/c
>tfw corner office
>tfw shitpost all day and literally have beaten pokemon twice last week

it all starts with you busting your ass for someone else so later on, someone will bust ass for you.
>>
>>29329645
after

>>29329618
often work vehicles. Pump dump and go.
>>
>>29329690

Jobs with low skill requirements are inherently going to attract people with little-to-no skills, i.e., losers, pariahs, failures, and miserable robot types.

Yeah, warehouse jobs are a necessary and fundamental part of society and people who work them deserve some degree of respect. But, life isn't fair and you WILL be looked down on for what you do.
>>
>>29329481
>jus go get an union job bro its ez
>b urself too
>>
>>29326552
>>29326081

> not being a STEMlord
>>
>>29326081
You'll be crushed by shelving and product before they get a chance
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.