[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you wanna just kill yourself but you know theres nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: 2345345346564.png (246 KB, 640x434) Image search: [Google]
2345345346564.png
246 KB, 640x434
>tfw you wanna just kill yourself but you know theres nothing after this so you kind of also dont want to
>>
>>29316841
>'but'
>not 'because'
>>
>>29316841
am i the only 18 year old friendless incel here
>>
>wanting something after

why
>>
>>29316876
>not wanting limbo of sorts

its a nicer thought than literally ceasing to exist but sadly its not the case so that makes it harder for me to do it
>>
>>29316884
Exactly, there's nothing else going on except this bullshit right now so you have to stay until the pain is so severe that it isn't worth it. That's the only thing that keeps me going, and that my life isn't shit enough yet but it's close.
>>
>>29316841
Killing yourself is stupid just drink a delicious ice cold Pepsi Cola instead.
>>
>>29316863
>18
powr wittle babby's
>>
Having (legitimate and diagnosed) OCD, eternal nothingness actually seems kind of nice.
>>
>>29316841
>you know theres nothing after this
Isn't that the fucking point?

Anyone else here still scared of some form of an afterlife and hesitant for that reason? Seriously fuck growing up with batshit insane religious nuts constantly telling me I'm going to burn in hell
>>
>>29316884

if i kms and my soul woke up in after life i would let out a bombastic reee
>>
>>29316841
pathetic asshole, just go and run, do something, if your gonna die doing it then fine since you were gonna die anyway.
>>
>>29316938
'If you don't want to do anything, just go out and do something!'

Such tailor-made advice.
>>
>>29316914
>not wanting eternal nothingness where you can sit alone and ponder
>>
>>29316910
You wouldn't be perceiving the nothing though. What's the point of prematurely ending the one chance we get to have a conscious?
>>
>>29316953
>implying some of us enjoy being consious

its a literal fucking curse to walk this earth and be aware of existing
>>
>>29316981
Then kill yourself right now. If you have any excuses then you're lying.
>>
>>29316914
If there is something after we die, I'm afraid that it might be that we're doomed to repeat this life for eternity.
>>
File: 1463614658437.png (67 KB, 768x615) Image search: [Google]
1463614658437.png
67 KB, 768x615
The soul meme and afterlife meme needs to end, it's escapism for people with bloated egos and perpetuated by indoctrination. The fact that this is the one time you'll ever be conscious is enough to live, but you're justified in committing suicide if you can go through with it.
>>
>>29316949
>dont want to do anything
well then just kill yourself, worlds already overpopulated
>>
File: LkARIDr.png (137 KB, 526x436) Image search: [Google]
LkARIDr.png
137 KB, 526x436
>There's a gun in the basement
>I think about doing it every day I stay here
>Actually put it to my head 2 days ago
>Couldn't do it

I wanna die. But I don't want to be the one to do it. I wish I could just get in a not-so-tragic car accident.

I wish I could be as brave as the people before me. But I'm scared shitless of the possibility of Hell.
>>
>>29317440
>killing yourself
>brave
thx for the laughs
>>
>>29317780
>le suicide is cowardly and selfish meme
Fuck off
>>
File: 1461221070880.png (461 KB, 865x788) Image search: [Google]
1461221070880.png
461 KB, 865x788
>>29317440
Hey, if you live in the bay area hook me up senpai. I can't get guns because I've received psychiatric help in the past.
>>
>>29317798
>suicide
>anything but cowardly
it litteraly means you gave up, it means you cant handle life, it means you cant even function normally as a human being or find another solution other than shooting yourself in the head.

your a fucking coward, maybe not selfish, but a total fucking coward
>>
File: 1432139156670.jpg (36 KB, 613x920) Image search: [Google]
1432139156670.jpg
36 KB, 613x920
>>29317976
"coward" is a value judgement. it can only be a subjective human idea.

yes, its more convincing if many people (society) agree with your idea, but in reality it is as valid as an imaginary friend. if you call me a coward, that idea only has weight if i accept it, which, i don't.

welcome to the nihilism pill

(the term, like many, is a manipulation tool to shame men into subservience by threatening their "social status", which like i said, only holds power if you have social status to begin with, or care about it)
>>
>>29318091
life is only meaningless if you waste it doing nothing, or ending it because you cant take pain.

a person who cant take pain is by definition a COWARD. the fact that you would use that word means you stand by its definition.

im not shaming you for killing yourself cus you'll go to hell(which doesn't exist) im shaming you for not trying to fix your problems or not having the courage to start over. a fresh start.

Nihilism means you believe that after death there is nothing, then why dont you experience life before you fucking die, no mater how "meaningless" it seems to you. for all we know we could be wrong and there really is a hell despite the lack of proof, but that shouldn't be the barrier between life and death.
>>
>>29316910
Sounds bad anon I feel for you.

I have chronic depression, I seem to hurt everyone I make friends with, have had sex and two 1 week relationships I ended cause I lost interest.

Narcisistic toxic mother I want dead, father that died when I was 10, brother that commited suicide when I was 13 and right now I don't live in my country of birth so I have 0 friends or contact with people outside of work.

Ohh and I risk going impotent but it my damaged muscle might hopefully heal within 2 years.

I also have 130 iq so I can't relate to most people and it's depressing to know about jewish supremacy but not being able to talk about it.

T. Broken Chad
>>
I don't mind being called a coward.

I'm just too shitty of a person to make my life better.
>>
>>29316841
>theres nothing after this
Thank fucking God.
Existence has a few good moments here and there but enough is enough.
>>
>>29318342
Thanks for the pep talk, Reddit.
>>
>>29318342
But that's wrong, a person who runs away from pain is a coward, a person who can't handle a lot of pain is weak or has low endurance (though that supposes that people who kill themselves are weak, rather than the pain they're going through being much greater than what the average person has to go through, I wonder which is right in this society?).
>>
>>29318637
But you won't even be able to savor that freedom because your consciousness will cease to exist. What's the point?
>>
>>29318700
Where did I say I want to "savor" anything?
>>
>>29318649
telling people to not kill themselves is Reddit

kill yourself then. you obviously dont like living or anyone who encourages you to try to fucking live, why are you still here? why are you still alive?
>>
>>29318680
your gonna kill yourself to escape the pain, your gonna run the fuck away from it rather than facing it or fixing it, a person who can take pain without killing himself is okay for me, but a person who kills himself because of his girlfriend dumped him is a fucking coward
>>
>>29317976
>>29318342
Not the same dude as >>29318091 but I just got to say you have a very idealist and dismissive perspective on these matters. I for one find suicide to be courageous. A lot of /r9k/ is all talk when it comes to suicide, but the actual act of doing it is terrifying. Suicide is literally taking away the only thing you've ever experienced as well as the opportunity to influence the world at motion even if ever so slightly. It can be "giving up" on life but it could be many other things like genuine disinterest, hate, fear, etc. in/for the life you never asked for.

>it means you can't function normally as a human being...
this is 101 shit but normal is subjective. Normal is what the most amount of people find acceptable. Is being human to you catering to those around you? There's nothing wrong with accepting the futility of your efforts, but I can agree that the illusion of fulfillment is something worth holding onto as a reason to live your life. I cannot prove this though because I am stupid so there's that.
>>
>>29318753
There are things you can't fix, assuming the extent of our issues is being dumped by a girl shows me how little pain you actually know, to boast around like you're superior to us when you haven't experienced an ounce of the suffering we have to go through day after day just makes you seem like a fucking retard.
>>
>>29316900
There's not even that big an age difference between a 18 year old and say a 23 year old
>>
>>29318725
My fear of living is less than my fear of dying. Also, expand your vocabulary. Using "fucking" every sentence makes it really obvious you are underage. I'm aware Reddit may not have similar rules, but you must be at least 18 to post on this website.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 620x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 620x396
>>29318759
You're a relentless faggot. Instead of arguing in favor of literally the shittiest possible decision on the basis of "hur dur nothing matters dood," maybe you actually fucking should kill yourself. Faggots who entertain the idea of suicide deserve to be dismissed and fucking retard enablers like you deserve worse.

>>29318091
>le we can't make value judgements because then I would be wrong maymay
Fuck off retard, killing yourself is objectively worse than making the best of the life you've got, though in your case I believe your mental illness is terminal. In the interest of preventing the possibility of anyone else being influenced by your ideas, I think you know what to do.
>>
File: Screenshot_109.png (101 KB, 1365x767) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_109.png
101 KB, 1365x767
>>29318776
i only mention the girl dumping as its a pretty good assumption since half the people here want to girl themselves for that exact reason

>an ounce of suffering
id like to see you come live here, constantly pushing back ISIS, having relatives killed due to inexperienced idiots with mortars and Artillery.

while i understand that people suffer trauma as children, or have alot of issues as they grow up that doesn't mean they cant heal or learn from it, that doesn't mean they cant function anymore and have to resort to killing themselves.

but you know what, ill soften my tone, we are all anonymous here, what is it that hurts you everyday? ill tell you what hurts for me too
>>
File: 1456963265141.jpg (408 KB, 2037x3000) Image search: [Google]
1456963265141.jpg
408 KB, 2037x3000
>>29318913
someone who actually appreciates life, live long my friend
>>
>>29318913
>give somewhat coherent, but shitty thought on suicide
>someone tells me to kill self for doing it

I'm sorry I triggered you (and yes, you did trigger me for calling me a "relentless faggot" and for the poorly thought out response to what a dumbo like me worked a bit to shit out, hence why I provide you a (you)) but before we go on, I'd like you to admit we are the same tier of enabling faggot since you want people like me to commit suicide, the very thing you seem to be so vehemently against.

With that out of the way, if you had basic reading comprehension, I clearly never said suicide was a good decision but rather it is not cowardly in some situations. Yes, it has the capacity to be cowardly but to dismiss it as such is ignorant.

What you are doing is creating baseless reasons for not to do it then shoving it under the cover as if it is a closed case. It's the kind of mentality the prevailing western idea of muslims have in which "if everyone was muslim, we wouldn't have a problem." Likewise with your scenario: "if everyone was as dismissive as me on suicide, we wouldn't have a problem. Not wrong, but clearly flawed.

If there are sizeable communities with the desire to discuss and seek reason to act on their suicidal thoughts, suicide is very clearly an important topic that needs to be discussed and well understood. You very dismissively say suicide is bad and cowardly and proceed to tell everyone who disagrees with you to commit suicide. It's an idea that needs to be entertained precisely because it isn't nearly entertained enough. Nothing matters is the paradigm to best approach these topics because your shitty agenda gets in the way of actual and objective conversation. How is suicide objectively the worst option? I do not disagree with you but not once have you described how it is.
>>
>>29318759
a person has one life, taking it away is courage? unless its to save the lives or to protect others or as long as it has some positive impact than sure we can consider that calid but to kill yourself because your sad? thats retarded. thats cowardly

also your entire argument about the word "Normal" is completely out of place, so in your opinion killing yourself can be considered normal to a person? just as casual as eating or sleeping as long as that person sees it as normal.

that is not even mention that you took my sentence out of context,
>>
I hope someone will think of legalizing assisted suicide.
>>
>>29318866
if so you wouldn't have been so butthurt as to call me Reddit. your the definition of butthurt if i ever saw it

You Fucker
>>
>>29319226
You're*

ori
>>
>>29316884
Literally ceasing to exist sounds very comforting to me. I don't want to hurt my family though, they're the only consistently good thing in my life.
>>
>>29317976
If suicide was cowardly everyone would be doing it. Not a lot of brave people in this world.
>>
>>29316914
Ah! Good to see a fellow erudite on the chan!
>>
>>29319263
it is the ultimate cowardly act, not many people are that pathetic to take their life's because of misery
>>
>>29319147
The motive to commit the act shouldn't have as much impact as the act itself. It is arguably a dumb decision and the reason to do it is likely even more dumb, but it isn't correct to call it cowardly. A cheap way to combat your claim is taking google's definition:

>a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

Very self explanatory, but that's not what we're here for. Courage often implies stupidity but what it requires is grit. Not everyone will walk the tightrope across the Grand Canyon and not everyone will charge the Hydra with only a sword. Both are stupid and suicidal, but coming out of it alive turns you into someone worth noting. Why does suicide not have the same worth? The other two likely had stupid reasons to act on them too like adrenaline or achievement seeking but doing them makes one at the very least courageous. All scenarios are the same in which they have "one life that should not be given up so easily" but they all foster what I understand you would say "cowardly reasons." At this point you're using the words wrong and I'm nitpicking.

I think what you're looking for is stupid. It is the ultimate act of stupidity in which one gets rid of the only thing they have because of a little experience they cannot cope with in their overarching experience. The only bond they have to this earth should not be something one should be rid of so easily, but I really don't think there's a good reason for it. At least I haven't found one. I live without purpose but fear death. Arguably, it's cowardice that keeps me here.

This part is purely conjecture and may be disregarded if false but I would assume cowardice is something you would not want to be associated with which helps you not do the act. Not saying you should do it but certainly find a better reason not to rather than spreading false memes.
>>
>>29319147
Also, hate to be long-winded but normal is very much related to this as it can be with many other topics. Normal is entirely subject to change. At some point, I don't doubt it was normal to sacrifice virgin women in exchange for good will and harvests. So yes, there can exist a period in which suicide can be "normal." Though, I would assume a model like that would not work for a society because society requires people and not dead people. Suicide can precisely not be normal because it has nothing to offer besides loss? I don't know, my point is think more about it before you call it something. Rather than saying what you think it is, explain why.

On that note, maybe I did take it out of context and sorry for being an autist about it.
>>
>>29319630
we are getting on the same page, and i agree with you suicide is stupid (unless it serves a good purpose, easy example would be like the ending of the movie Armageddon) but i would still consider it cowardly for the reason of feeling emotional pain.

now walking across the grand canyon or fighting a Hydra can not be considered cowardly due to the fact that the person attempting that is not afraid of that act. BUT it is considered stupid and suicidal if done without experience, but not cowardly if we take the google translation because of above reason.

on the other hand Suicide without a positive cause is both Stupid AND cowardly since your performing it due to you trying to escape pain.

Running away from a Hydra when you have no experience can not be considered cowardly since the consequence is too grave, LITERALLY, its death.

while running away from life by killing yourself is truly cowardly since the consequence is Misery

i consider it cowardly even further because Misery can be fixed, while Death from fighting a Hydra can not.

but yes Suicide(for no good reason) is stupid, absolutely stupid, but it is also cowardly m8
>>
>>29319798
nah its cool, its nice to have an actual debate with someone with him spergging out insults and flipping out mid debate.

but back to the issue, Suicide cant be justified as Normal in this day an age, even if a person considers it normal it still isnt because the definition of Normal is 'Conforming to a Standard"

does Suicide fall under that the Standard of our society? absolutely not, maybe in ages long forgotten Suicide was considered normal, its possible we dont know about them because they all killed themselves.
>>
The reason I don't want to die is because I'd miss all of the cool future shit
>>
>>29316998
I don't because of what death does to people, so I function for them, I go to work for them and I was told I'd be happier but I still want to die. There's less sadness attached now.
>>
>>29319815
I like your rebuttal of my scenarios and can work with your reasoning except 2 points. More correctly, suicide's consequence for the person who does it is nothing and for others is misery. It is a selfish act with the only benefit being escape from emotional pain or negative instances in life. A change from emotional pain to nothing which for some may be preferable. I would question why would you put more worth in trying to do what you think may improve your life than ending it?

I refuse to care about the temporary misery of others from my not being present and I do not want to "improve" and/or conform because I have tried on multiple occasions, failed, and currently believe I can't. With failure on my back, I am weighed down by crippling depression and seek temporary escapism through memes, anime, and shit-posting, all of which makes me feel what I perceive to be nothing; a feeling which is better than emotional pain mind you. I am only at this point because anything I do to improve myself is shot down by my surroundings (contradictory to the not finding worth in others thing I know), further strengthening the depression that is holding me down. The number one thing that bothers me is the uncertainty in chasing after what I believe would improve me. My conclusion is that it is a disproportionate amount of suffering in exchange for what I believe might make me happy.
With this impression in mind, can you answer the following?

1) How can I escape this scenario if not by further slamming myself into more walls or suicide? Does choosing suicide over perseverance make me cowardly?

2) I'd like to know more as to why emotional pain as a motive is cowardly and maybe why I would not want to be associated with a cowardice?

And this isn't me by the way. I'm just curious to see how your thoughts on suicide would apply to this.
>>
>>29317976
>life is so shit people call you a coward for quitting

Crab mentality
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.