[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me, or is social media dying? I have 600 friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Facebook-create22.png (109 KB, 1280x452) Image search: [Google]
Facebook-create22.png
109 KB, 1280x452
Is it just me, or is social media dying?

I have 600 friends on Facebook, hardly anybody posts anything. When they do, it's just pointless. Twitter, only SJW faggots spilling their depressed feelings constantly. Instagram has been slow also.

Could social media finally be dying? Will humans become humans again?
>>
normies are like locusts, after destroying "the new big thing", they abandon it

they'll remain plugged into the matrix, so to speak, but they won't use the internet like you and I do.
>>
Myspace was the only social media platform I really seriously enjoyed.

You could actually post anything you wanted on there and people wouldn't flip out. It's user base was more alternative-type people who were somewhat clever. .
>>
>>29316147
WhatsApp and Instagram are the norm now.
Apparently Instagram has a message system, so that's where some are.
>>
Snapchat, instagram etc are what normies use these days... I can't even stalk my middle school class mates like this
>>
it's actually kind of great, as an adult i can just plead ignorance to all the new kid shit and avoid the cancerous social media sphere altogether

it makes idiots and youngfags think i'm boring but i don't want to talk to them anyway lmao
>>
>>29316318
Snapchat is complete shit, even if I were a normie. It's not even slightly entertaining. People just snapchat selfies and photos of themselves at concerts.

When it first came out, I thought there was no way that would catch on. I still can't believe it.
>>
I only use Twitter, apparently for some jobs you need a facebook or they think you're trouble/weird or something.
>>
Psst, you're using social media right now.
>>
>>29316382
it's not social media without identities tied to the exchange ;)
>>
all social media is a validation platform for the attractive,

tinders creators are psychopathic.

they knew full well it would crush ugly peoples self esteem and probably make them kill themselves.
>>
>Definition of social media. : forms of electronic communication (as Web sites for social networking and microblogging) through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content

From Merriam Webster
>>
>>29316344
This. I remember reading about it in some blog but thought it was another overvalued throwaway startup, might get some sexting use. It's kind of shocking what's happened tbqfh
>>
>>29316382
Way to try and feel superior, faggot. We're all anonymous unless (unless you choose not to be, and even that's quite the challenge). There's also shitloads of other things that proves 4chan isn't social media. Stop pretending like you know everything.
>>
>>29316511
Why are you mad on a social media website?
>>
>>29316449
>tfw I have 7 matches on tinder and have no clue what to say because I look good but have the texting skills of a robot
>>
>>29316342
I am 33 years old and those around me are constantly on face book. Even my boomer family members are always using it. You must be lucky to not have to deal with this shit.
>>
>>29316511
>getting this triggered in the current year

>>29316595
You have to look at the quality of the content they're posting. Most people share retarded quotes and TYPE AMEN on facebook now,
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.