[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want to start smoking, but I'm too afraid to buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 20
File: marlbororeds.jpg (203 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
marlbororeds.jpg
203 KB, 1280x960
I really want to start smoking, but I'm too afraid to buy cigarettes. I feel like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown every time I try to ask for a pack. How can I fix this?
>>
>>29311583
Never seen a more R9K post
>>
>>29311583
Go up to the gas station attendant and ask for a pack of marlboros

If they ask long or short just say short.

I bought a pack this exact way to see I liked cigarettes, smoked the whole pack but didn't really get anything out of it so never smoked again.

Cigars are much better and the stores are filled with cool old dudes who don't judge.
>>
>tfw 10 days smoke-free after 4 years of smoking

I'm not gonna tell you not to do it OP but I will tell you that every smoker eventually comes to regret their decision.

Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy it (if you're 18+!). I really liked Berkeley even if they were cheap and horrible.
>>
Just ask for a pack of Marlboro reds or some shit and that's it. They'll give you the pack, maybe ask for id, and ring you up
>>
>>29311583
this is what i did,

>go to counter
>ask for cheapest pack of cigarettes
>pajeet wants to see your i.d
>>
>>29311693
buying a pack of cigarettes isn't going to condemn you to a life of addiction idiot, most people just want to try
>>
>put on a took
> plaid shirt
>skinny jeans

ask anyone smoking for a dart
>>
don't get marlboro's, that's what people who have never smoked before buy because they don't anything else about cigarettes
ask for "L&M red shorts"
it'll be awkward at first, but once you get hooked, you won't think twice about having to buy them
>>
>>29311724
No shit, but OP explicitly stated that he wanted to start smoking. Reading comprehension, buddy.
>>
>>29311733
L&M is shit you cheap fuck
>>
>>29311739
BUDDY, MATE, PAL, KIDDO

everyone secretly thinks you're a cunt
>>
>>29311724
Everyone I've met has said it starts when you buy your first pack. I've copped and shared cigarettes many, many times, but I don't feel like I'm addicted or get the urge to go buy cigarettes.
>>
Buy cartons from small stores
>>
>>29311781
well that wasn't the case for me, i got a pack and smoked all of em. Haven't smoked since
>>
File: 1461277365549.jpg (117 KB, 406x480) Image search: [Google]
1461277365549.jpg
117 KB, 406x480
>>29311780
You don't seem to be very good at keeping secrets, Anon.
>>
>>29311759
>L&M is shit
kamel reds are my favorite, but it'd be awkward for OP because there's 2 kinds of kamel reds, then camel reds (camel filters with a red label), there's too much room to sperg out
L&M's are great though, fight me
>>
>>29311818
L&M's are what you smoke when you can't afford good cigarettes because they're cheap and you are just trying to scrounge some change together in your car and under the couch and shit ill fucking rek u m8
>>
>>29311583
Don't get addicted my nigga. The withdrawal feels like the two halves of your brain is being pulled in opposite directions. Plus, if it gets out of hand, it's expensive as fuck, and you stop enjoying it.

Totally possible to smoke a pack and drop the habit, but be careful.
>>
>>29311841
good cigarettes like parliaments, right? little pampered bitchboi i'll kick your dick in so it looks like the recessed filters you suck on all day
>>
>>29311811
It's different for different people. I also think some people lean more towards some substances than others.
>>
>>29311919
I smoke marlboro reds for the refined, classic chemical taste. You fell for the turkish blend meme and I honestly feel sorry for you. I tip my fedora to you and bid you good day, sir.
>>
File: hold your hats.jpg (17 KB, 320x211) Image search: [Google]
hold your hats.jpg
17 KB, 320x211
>>29311728
>put on a took

it's a toque, eh

source: am maplenigger
>>
God damn it I really like the sensation of smoking more than anything

Like I've tried cigars but they just don't do it for me

Vaping sometimes does if the stars aligns but usually i get a mouthful of burning syrup and then get the hiccups

Not sure what I'm doing wrong and would really like to quit

Also vaping definitely has negative connotations to the normal pleb on the street since hating on it is part off that absolutely fucking insufferable twitch.tv """"""""""""culture""""''""""'"""" now.
>>
Step 1:
Locate a place outside a place of business where smokers are forced to take their timed smoke breaks.

Step 2: observe the times that smokers use this location.

Step 3: wait until the smokers have left.

Step 4: obtain stubs and butts of cigarettes

Step5: at home open the papers and roll the remaining tobacco (used or burned) from the ends of the stubs into a small container.

Step 6: unroll the paper from the lengthiest stubb, use it to craft a short pinched-end type of rolling paper. Roll yourself a sweet blend of awesome recycled tobacco leavin's.

Step 7: smoke up buddy boy!

Alternate Method (modify the above method at step 3.

Step 3: rush into the midst of a group of the smokers when their smoke time is nearly done- ask to borrow a smoke. When one is given, immediately thank your benefactor profusely, then pull out your phone and look at it and swear and run back into the building.

Step 4: repeat step 3 several times and exclaim the bosses are reaming you for constantly insisting on taking smoke breaks, even IF you are delayed in taking them and never get enough time to smoke. Claim that you have been warned about the time you have USED up of your team in waiting for you and that your really pissed you don't even have time to get to your car. People will give you plenty of free smokes.
>>
>>29311919
Dude Parliaments are literally just Marlboros
>>
>>29311999
>marlboro reds
are you 50 years old? is that where you get your cigarettes from, your mum's carton of marlboro reds?
>>
>>29311583
Why would you want to start smoking?
>>
>>29311634

I said the exact same thing to myself before seeing this reply.

Thanks OP. Made my night.
>>
go to a small indian mart where the small brown man behind the counter can barely speak english
that's what i like to do, it makes it much easier
>>
>>29311583
Don't waste your money.
>>
>>29311583
i started 3 days ago anon, feels good, just mutter everything as fast as you can. I had to ask for the small package because i didnt know how many came in the box and i even tried a cigar first which was a shitty idea
>>
File: Yousmokecock.jpg (31 KB, 466x522) Image search: [Google]
Yousmokecock.jpg
31 KB, 466x522
>>29312071
Child please, there's no need to be mad at someone for having superior taste, it comes with maturity.
>>
>>29312023
Easy vape when you're alone or with other people who vape, smoke cigarettes in public, but yet get /real/ cigarillos (not nigars), smoke will be so strong a tiny throat hits all you need
>>
Lucky Strikes are the only cigarettes worth buying. Filtered cigs are fucking stupid
>>
>>29311583

I used smoke around 20-30 a day for 8 years op

don't start, seriously

I have been smoke free for 11 months, the amount of money I have wasted and effects of smoking make me cringe hard at what a faggot I was for smoking

I have only just started getting my taste back

They keep improving how addictive they are so it will be even harder for you to quit, they already employ a trick so you free ball nicotine with the stuff they add to them.
>>
>>29312103
Because I want people to know I want to die
>>
>>29311693
when are you a smoker? i onlyn had 5 cigarettes a i a smoker?
i think a long as you limit yourself to never go beyond a week every month you wont generate habit
>>29311938
nobody gets addicted with one pack, they claim they do because they have no idea of when they became dependant and stoping was so hard they absolutely hate everything to do with tobacco and must tell everyone about the risks of sin
>>
>>29312234
Then start cutting yourself in really visible areas or something. Nobody's going to assume you want to die just because you smoke cigarettes.
>>
Do they make refillable ecigs that look like those blu ones? Those disposable ones are the ultimate jew, more expensive than cigs and almost as unhealthy. Those big metal dicks/VHS tapes with spigots look stupid as hell though
>>
>falling for the bad boy look smoking meme
>>
>>29312310
Smoking is a neutral look I think, maybe a little counter-revolutionary these days but not really good or bad

Vaping just looks retarded.
>>
>>29312177
Lucky Strikes used to have a green colored logo. During WWII they changed it to a red colored logo because the green ink was needed for something else, like printing money.

Filter cigarettes are for sissies.
Not fuck my boy-hole pretty sissies, but pure faggots who can't handle they business, and need mommy to wash their dick because they let it get stinky and Like it when Mommy touches their winky-worm and calls them a dirty boy for letting it get disgusting.
>>
>>29312200
hey dude i used, i used to wash my hand, i washed my hands a lot man, at first i said i would do it after using the bathroom you know? i mean just after soiling my hands but then i was washing every time i came home, every time i got into my office, before cooking my meals, washing, i just didnt feel safe without it you know?
Germophobe is what they called me, took 5 years to get over it, they replaced my shower soap with body wash, you cant, you cant, there is so much body wash you can use haha, i stll get nervous whenever i go into a bathroom and see a soap
>>
Smoke mavericks or another GPC, any cigarettes will kill you but those will make you feel like it
>>
>>29312234
Start by stopping the exceptional speeders in speeding traffic with a hand held stop sign, then flip the sign around after the lead foot comes to a stop- revealing a sign that reads I'll Fucking Smash your gob in, I swear to Christ ill fucking kill you mate.
>>
>>29312298
blu disposables are fun as hell, but yeah they're too expensive and too weak
blu sells refillables though. just look up ciga-likes
>>
>>29312037
Alternate Method: Go in and ask for a pack of ciggs and don't bother with all these homeless techniques.
>>
>>29311583
Don't do it, its not worth it. Makes me feel like shot and eats up my bank account. Sure its relaxing after a long day or when I wake up in the morning but I feel like shit most of the time and i'm broke. Not to mention its hard as hell to quit. (I've tried)

Just don't waste your time and money OP.
>>
If you're that autistic that you can't buy a pack of smokes in person just buy them online.
>>
>>29312456
Godsend thank you anon

Now I can both not get cancer and not look like a fag

Literally never smoking a cigarette again.

You just added 20 years to my life supposing the big medical lobbies don't ban ecigs
>>
Smoke menthol for maximum tastiness
>>
>>29312679
menthols are truly abominations
there's no quicker way to throw up than a menthol cigarette
>>
>>29312676
Not him but welcome to the club

Had the same exact stick up about vaping, used one of those cartridge based ones big tobacco cells until I found one I could use my own juice in http://www.joyetech.com/category/eroll-series/
>>
I don't know much about tobacco.
Why is it that I only get women asking for Misty cigarettes? And if I'm out of stock (rare but once in a blue moon happens) they get really, REALLY mad.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 500x484
When will somebody make a really healthy, non vape cigarette? It seems like a cool thing to do but I'm too much of a little bitch to smoke and risk the health problems.
>>
>>29312799
They're specifically for women so a lot of women start on them and most people only smoke their brand. They're for women in that they're long thin and elegant looking and also a lot lighter tobacco
>>
Don't do it you will get lung cancer
>>
>>29312852
Closest thing is Natural American Spirits, it's just tobacco and food grade stuff but all bets are off when you actually combust something. A lot of tobacco smokings negative things including cancer risk come from the actual process of inhaling particulates of burnt material. This would be true no matter what you were smoking (ssh don't tell the stoners) but to varying degrees. Tobacco by itself is more likely to cause cancer when burned than most other plants.

Hookah and dokha are probably the healthiest ways of consuming tobacco, which luckily will only get more popular in the future
>>
Fucking niggers ITT

RYO is the only way to go. Cheaper and tastier.
>>
>>29313037
>dokha

Might be slightly more healthier and smells a lot better but you people complain cigarettes are addictive holy shit dokha is more addictive than crack
>>
>2016
>doesn't smoke
Are you being bullied in school, retarded or both?
>b-but it kills you
Yeah so? Was life a competition on who lives the longest?
>it will get you addicted!!!
No it won't, if you're not underage and can smoke within reason
>i.. IT TAKES MONEY!!!
Who is making you buy a pack a day, you fucking dirt mallet
>>
>>29313034
Lol no he'll get COPD.
>>
DON'T SMOKE YOU FUCKING IDIOT
>>
>>29313084
You're projecting awful hard.

If your brain has evolved to the point that nicotine doesn't physically affect neural pathways then congrats. The rest of us are going to get addicted.
>>
I like newports. I know they're supposed to be shit but after trying a bunch of different ones they're just what I happen to like the most.
>>
File: abfab_gl_14jan13_rexfeatures_b.jpg (98 KB, 592x888) Image search: [Google]
abfab_gl_14jan13_rexfeatures_b.jpg
98 KB, 592x888
>>29313072
That's because, like crack, it's a powerful and quick hit of the active drug which wears off quickly.
>>
>>29313037
Don't forget TSNAs which are responsible for much of the carcinogenic properties of tobacco.
>>
Not worth it senpai

Cigarrettes are fucking amazing for the first few months, then you just start smoking to feel normal, then everytime you smoke you feel like shit but can't stop
Terrible habit to pick up
get a mouth fedora instead
>>
>>29313124
Some people aren't effected by the addiction of nicotine, but it is a very small percent
>>
>>29313153
Absolutely I have a friend who did it so much he graduated eventually to doing RYO with like 75% dokha 25% normal tobacco before he started getting serious heart problems

I'll admit it's really good stuff but best to not do it at all if you can't control yourself. I know some people can do anything, even H or Fent and not have the slightest inclination to do it again, but most people aren't as strong
>>
>>29313229
Pretty sure I am one of them
Have smoked on and off for years and never had any kind of withdrawal
Quitting is easy as fuck for me
>>
If you really want to, experiment with brands, I'd suggest the black American spirits, but maybe not for a first pack because they're really strong
>>
>>29313037
I heard hookah was actually far worse because of the coal, and because you inhale way more smoke than with cigarretes
>>
>>29313183
What I meant but couldn't remember the specific name thanks

I wonder if their presence is reduced in hookah since it's not really smoking more baking (vaporizing?)

Also I wonder how it'd be to vaporize tobacco leaf in a dry herb vaporizer
>>
please dont smoke
i am an addicted smoker for the past 2 years and wish i never started
>>
File: tumblr_ne2momteiU1qalfilo1_400.jpg (40 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ne2momteiU1qalfilo1_400.jpg
40 KB, 400x200
>>29313274
I hate you so fucking much you rotting fanny.
>>
>>29313296
Maybe I would imagine there's more CO at least but the coals shouldn't smoke and hookah smoke iirc isn't nearly ad dangerous as actual smoke
>>
Smoked for 2 years - on my third month without them.

was coming out of work one day and thought

>my chest shouldnt hurt this much at 22

so I stopped

best decision ive made.

dont bother starting.

also dont vape. that shits for losers. if anyone here is thinking of quitting, just go cold turkey.

first week is hell. after that, smooth sailing.

I actually got pretty drunk last week and bought a pack. Was really upset at someone.

Had 1 cigarette then chucked the whole fucking pack. felt terrible. reminded me why i stopped.
>>
>>29313330
they're present in tobacco without combustion so I doubt shisha smoke has less. There's a reason people get oral cancer from dip.
>>
>>29311583
>I really want to start smoking

Don't be retarded.
>>
>>29313330
Forgot to add don't vape tobacco there's a reason people use mouth fedoras instead.
>>
I imagine hookah might be healthier if you make it your only method of consumption because of the inconvenience. I remember I vowed to stop smoking cigarettes but all other tobacco products were allowed, the inconvenience slowly just made me quit all together until I discovered mouth fedoras
>>
>>29313289
Light blue is where it's at.
>>
>>29313365
>hookah smoke iirc isn't nearly ad dangerous as actual smoke
I don't see why it would be healthier
Hookah is just tobacco with extra flavoring, unless you get the tobacco free shit
>>
>>29311583
Buy a pack and smoke it, smoke on and off for a couple years in your early 20s, just stop smoking one day and never do it again

Luckily for me alcohol is what I can't quit
>>
>>29313412
You inhale more tar from an average hookah session than an entire pack of fags. But then again a joint has more tar than that too.
>>
>>29313426
There was some study I saw linked on Wikipedia a long times ago that said hookah smokers didn't have the same drastic illnesses cigarette smokers did but it seems the page was taken over by no fun propagandists, it was a real study too but I never saved it
>>
File: weh.png (4 KB, 148x119) Image search: [Google]
weh.png
4 KB, 148x119
>go to town last week
>hot day
>everyone is in beer gardens or buying summer clothes
>I'm the only one smoking
>everyone is just casual vaping instead of smoking
>I was the only one smoking in a town packed full of people
>usually stinks with that many people smoking
>started feeling self conscious about blowing my smoke on people behind me
>started feeling really stupid spending 10 quid on a pack

all the devices look powerful now and the smoke looked satisfying, people were at beer gardens blowing plumes

I could smell a qts licorice breath as I walked passed

I want to buy one and quit like everyone else but I would have to stop buying a pack for 3-4 days for one of those decent devices.
>>
>>29313422
Light Blue is good, honestly I really like their menthols it's not too overpowering of menthol
>>
>>29313494
Imo we're going to see a massive rise in respiratory illness from faggots inhaling entire clouds every 5 seconds. Don't do it man, quit cold turkey and smoke weed instead.
>>
>>29313448
>But then again a joint has more tar than that too

Not to be WIDF but its only 4 times and that doesn't take into account people don't smoke 40 joints a day
>>
>>29311583
cigarettes are shit,
they are expensive, they taste acrid, smell strong, feel gross, don't get you high, what good are they?
>>
>>29313494
I wish it was as popular and ubiquitous in America

It's banned in more places here and it's seen as effeminate as a result few actually do it, just smoke
>>
>>29313549
>people don't smoke 40 joints a day

Whoops. No but seriously I know many people who smoke 25+ joints a day including myself.
>>
>>29313448
at least those things either taste good or make you feel good
>>
>>29313549
>people don't smoke 40 joints a day

Speak for yourself
>>
>>29313573
They deliver a delicious nicotine high which goes very well with opiates, alcohol and coke.
>>
If I could get weed I would quit tomorrow but I'm a total recluse so that isn't really an option
>>
>>29313587
>>29313594
Why not just dab at that point? Or do edibles/caps? One spring break I got 100 THC caps on AlphaBay and did like 5 a day with friend one of the best cleanest weed highs I've had
>>
>>29313639
DNM idjit
>>
>>29313641
Dabs make me retarded. I can function while smoking joints. Plus I can't get concentrates which have been lab tested.

I also don't metabolize edibles :'(
>>
>>29313688
Kill yourself you retarded space chimp
>>
>>29313688
>Dream

Exit scam any day now guys

t. AB shill and future AB exit scammer
>>
>>29313716
Bit of an over reaction mate better sort yourself out
>>
File: 1460858697159.png (120 KB, 306x271) Image search: [Google]
1460858697159.png
120 KB, 306x271
Try cigars or a pipe, anon. They're perceived as classy and can be conversation starters if you feel like you need one (cigars are more mainstream and not as likely to swing a full 180 in to 'odd' territory, socially). But besides that they kind of have a culture around them. You can still get a bit of a buzz because you'll get a bit of nicotine even not inhaling, but you're not likely to get addicted unless you smoke a bunch and inhale some. But you can come to appreciate the actual tobacco more so than with shitarettes.

t. occasional pipe and cigar smoker; I like latakias and Cavendish tobaccos.
>>
>>29313757
Cigars smell like burning garbage.
>>
>>29313688
Mods are quick these days
>>
>>29311689
>implying op can pronounce "marlboros"

just ask for camel filters...short and sweet.
>>
>>29313828
>>29313716
Honestly didn't realize it wasn't allowed
>>
>>29311693
ten years in.... don't regret it yet

guess i regretted it a little when i was underage and couldn't buy them...but otherwise. nope.
>>
>>29313842
Says the guy who won't be able to properly pronounce Pall Mall without looking it up.
>>
>>29313795
You've never smelled a cigarette then. How is this?
>>
>>29313861
You actually don't regret it? I hate having my mood teathered to my blood nicotine level. I hate smelling like stale smoke. I hate having breathing problems.
>>
>>29313916
Cigarettes smell like a trash can fire. Cigars smell like a landfill fire.
>>
>>29313757
>They're perceived as classy

not really
>>
>>29313931
nah...i'm still in the "it makes me look cool" phase.

i live in the city, can't imagine going to bars and not being part of the smoker crowd, or being that stand offish person that doesn't get bothered at the bus stop.

honestly the subset of people the smoke at most functions seem to be the most laid back/funniest.

it's an ego/status thing.
>>
>>29313851
I always just thought you couldn't post them like it would catch those links as spam

Kind of wondered why I hadnt seen more than a handfull posted in 9 years here
>>
>>29313757
*tips cigar*

(original tobacco)
>>
>>29311583
Don't. This is coming from a smoker.

It gets to the point where you don't even enjoy them anymore. They're expensive, and you're just smoking them for maintainence. Not even a buzz anymore. Your lung capacity goes down, and you get this productive cough that constantly has you bringing up phlegm. You get too many colds.

You think you don't smell like cigarettes, but in reality, it's in your hair, on your fingers, coming out your pores (enough that you can smell it in the shower) and in your clothes, and your sense of smell is just deadened. Girls stop hitting on you, your teeth and nails turn yellow, you break out more, and you still insist that your body's fine. You can have a fucking lung infection (which you never got before you smoked) and be coughing up globs of sputum and STILL decide to smoke, because it's a fucking shackle.

You have fucking panic attacks because you know it's killing you, and it's spiking your blood pressure enough to make the panic palpable. You contemplate your own mortality every fucking day, and you deal with the stress of it by smoking. You make jokes about them being death sticks and giving you cancer, and then at some point it stops being cool to kill yourself and stops being a joke.

You find yourself eyeballing cig butts you see in ashtrays and gutters at some point, when you're broke and out of cigarettes. You tell yourself you'll never get to that point, but you do. You stop feeling like James Dean and start feeling like a junkie.

Again, it becomes a shackle. You become averse to flying to new places or doing anything that requires you to be indoors or spending time with your family because you can't smoke.You immediately write off any activity that means that you can't smoke. You become a worse person.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (125 KB, 700x714) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
125 KB, 700x714
>>29314001
whatcha y'all talking about?
>>
>>29313990
As a former smoker I find I socialize more having quit smoking. The people i thought were stand offish just didn't want to be near my smelly ass.
>>
>>29314059
Allium links.
>>
>>29313690
>Dabs make me retarded

Lucky it's not permanent

http://nationalreport.net/marijuana-dabs-proven-to-cause-irreversible-brain-damage/
>>
>>29314059
Retard posted an onion link and probably got warned
>>
>>29314053

>girls not hitting on you
>generally disgusting
>panic attacks
>contemplate own mortality every day
>aversion to new places

Aside from the parts of this specifically pertaining to the cigarette craving, you really just described the daily state of most robots. There are few differences.
>>
>>29314086
Seems legit

Fuck you robot for ruining snarky one liners
>>
>>29314143
Exactly. Why would you add an addiction on top of all that?
>>
>>29311583
>>29314053
You realize that they've become a shackle when you finally decide to quit and they won't let you. You throw away your pack of cigarettes, and in minutes, you're considering fishing them out of the trash and actually apologizing to them like an abusive (almost)ex.

It's a toxic fucking relationship and I hate it. anything that makes you go, "Fuck it, I don't need to eat with my fifteen minutes of spare time" is a toxic relationship. Don't start. It's fucking retarded. Your lungs are precious, and so is breathing. Don't take that for granted. Your tongue is precious, and so are the abilities to speak and to taste. Don't take them for granted. Your ability to swallow is precious, as is your ability to sing and add tone to your voice. Don't fuck that up. Having five senses is nice. Don't fuck that up. Having a heartbeat is precious. Don't fuck that up.

>>29314143
I started when I was pretty much at rock-bottom, and I've really improved my life since then. These damned things are holding me back. Either have the balls to kill yourself or don't. If you're going to hold out hope that things will get better, which you are if you even bother to eat, then don't sabotage that possibility by giving yourself an addicttion.
>>
>>29314086
>doing 6 grams at once

About like putting on a box of nicotine patches and chain smoking unfiltered cigarettes or taking a pack of Stay Awake and downing a dozen monsters or chugging a bottle of everclear
>>
>>29314245
You can quit. We all can. I believe that.
>>
Did the same thing smoked for a year and then quit, had the idea I'd smoke till I was 30 but I would've probably been too addicted at that point. I don't regret it and I mostly stopped because I got bored but it was kind of stupid in hindsight
>>
>>29311583
>I really want to start smoking
There is no reason to
t. smoker for 11 years
>>
I've been shilling cigarettes on this board recently
Seeing this thread made me happy
>>
>>29314335
You telling me you don't want to look as cool as Spike Speigel?
>>
>>29314349
Glad you're happy anon! Perhaps you'd like to enhance that feeling with an ice cold glass of Diet Pepsi Cola? It's the choice of a new generaton!
>>
>>29314271
What if you chugged a bottle of everclear and a pot of coffee, took the pills, put on the patches did a 6g dab and then started chain smoking how cool would that be
>>
>>29311583
If you do it right you should be too addicted to be scared to buy them, soon. I suggest yellow camels, those are great.

I quit smoking btw in favor of a fedora stick.
>>
>>29314362
I am a slav, I never look cool.
>>
>>29314271
>chain smoking unfiltered cigarettes while chain-chugging monsters
Don't do this. This is how I wound up in the hospital. It causes panic attacks like crazy, guaranteed. Either smoke cigs or drink energy drinks. Combining them is guaranteed to fuck you over.

>>29314283
I'm trying for the first time to quit this summer. I want the addiction broken before I go back to college this fall, or I'm just fucked until winter break.

My mom smoked while I was in utero, so I was born addicted to this shit. My brain formed on nicotine. It was a bad idea for me to even start.

It's taken a solid year of one part of my brain nagging at me to quit, combined with stop-smoking videos and stuff while falling asleep, for me to build up the willpower to even begin. Made it seven days a few weeks ago and then relapsed.

No joke, I threw away my cigarettes and retrieved them three times today. Finally came home without them. Chucked all my lighters, too.

>>29314362
This shit is a trap. Specifically, cool motherfuckers in media who smoke are a trap. You think you're above wanting a cigarette because some fucking cartoon character smokes them, but you're not.
>>
>>29314410
Nicotine patches would probably be what actually kills you
>>
>>29314451
Should've followed that reply chain a bit further but I agree caffeine and nicotine are a deceptively potent combo
>>
>>29314451
>I want the addiction broken before I go back to college this fall
Terrible idea. There's nothing better than a pre-lecture morning smoke and lecture break smokes. I suggest you quit after jewllege.
>>
>>29314567
There's also nothing better then not having to have those smokes.
>>
>>29314576
Then enjoy having withdrawal while being stressed before and after lectures/tests while people around you smoke.
>>
I quit smoking six months ago and the fact that I still get cravings every single day makes me regret ever starting.

Smoking is fashionable, and it makes you feel good, but eventually you'll reach a point in your life where you actually care about your health, and care about your finances and not smelling like shit or being dependent on smokes. Then when you try to quit you find it's nearly impossible. I tried quitting eight times before it finally stuck and even now I'm not sure it's stuck. Sure, it's the longest I've gone without smoking, but like I said I still get cravings all the time.

Don't smoke, it's legitimately one of the stupidest things you can start doing.
>>
>>29314603
Withdrawal only lasts 3 days. After that it's all in your head.
>>
>>29314649
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine_withdrawal
>>
>>29314567
Believe me, nobody on earth appreciates a good smoke more than I do. The first smoke in the morning with the wind biting against your face. The one that makes your morning shit come out pretty much immediately. The pre-lecture smoke with all your friends. The cigarette you share with your best bud even though both of you have your own. The cigarette you have after a meal to help it digest. The last cigarette of the night. The cigarette you have on your walk. The one you have with the music blasting and your windows rolled down. The one you have after a good fap or a fuck.

Believe me, I get it. And it's not worth it. I told myself when I started that I would only do it socially, and it's escalated to a full-blown addiction. I don't want to ingrain this shit into my brain any further.

Besides, my best friend-somebody who I GENUINELY care about-tried and failed to quit smoking this year. All our friends are smokers. I want to be there for him as an actual friend and ally when I get back, not just another crab in the bucket.
>>
>>29314068
no...i meant i like the stand offish people.

normies in the bar, cool peeps out back.
>>
Only thing that kept me from quiting is I liked to go outside on my balcony especially in the rain (has an awning) and couldn't bring myself to vape outside. Eventually just bought a brand of disposable ecigs that looks like real cigarettes and went to town, still do most mornings and when it rains
>>
>>29314613
>but like I said I still get cravings all the time.
Shrooms. Dead-serious.
>>
>>29314762
Dangerous shit, man. Start attaching geuninely beautiful, emotional, and atmospheric shit to smoking in your brain, and you'll have a much harder time quitting.
>>
File: 1465880316949.png (33 KB, 917x1186) Image search: [Google]
1465880316949.png
33 KB, 917x1186
out of cigs and no money and nobody to bum off of because its 3 in the morning

this vape doesn't give me that wholesome tobacco feel, I feel like it just gives me a minor headache now and a craving for more cigarettes

i've been drinking a lot of coffee and smoking cigs to replace my H and benzo habit, so far so good. i just need a cig right now. damn it
>>
>>29311999
tfw i fell for the turkish royal meme (they taste good) at least they are camels and not L&Ms what a fucking cheap faggot that guy is
>>
>>29314852
If you smoke cigarettes at all, you fell for a meme.
>>
>>29311879
this
recently quit been a month

dont fucking start
trust me
i promise you
just drink alcohol
if you have to
>>
>>29314947
>alcohol
Also a bad thing to start with if you haven't already.

Caffeine and weed only. Occasionally molly and hallucinogens. Fuck, even cocaine every few weeks if you really want to.

Don't start with cigs or alcohol, though. Seriously.
>>
File: 1464311068668.png (183 KB, 370x359) Image search: [Google]
1464311068668.png
183 KB, 370x359
>>29314826

i found 3 almost done cigarette butts in my front yard and now I feel better. smoking, not even once
>>
File: ken.png (508 KB, 466x620) Image search: [Google]
ken.png
508 KB, 466x620
I've bought 2 packs of cigarettes this month. It was very exciting. Here they dont show even the brands or anything so on the first time when I was about to ask for cigs, I didnt know what to ask for so I didnt buy them.
At home I looked up some brands and went there. Paced nervously near the register for a while and then went in. Figured that if I fuck it up, I wont go to that store ever again. All went well though. She didnt even ask my ID.
Smoking is great, makes you eat less, feels relaxing and the act of smoking itself is very "charming". listening to music while having a smoke outside is fun.

Im afraid to buy a third pack though because on my second time she asked my ID. My ID has expired and she didnt notice/care, but if she does, then Im fucked.
>>
>>29315023
See, boys? This is what you're reduced to.
>>
>>29315023
Holy kek, I cant stop laughing.
Thanks anon. When you die and go to heaven, please, PLEASE look for my sides.
>>
which is the best menthol that most places will have?
>>
>>29315128

marlboro menthol blacks are a light menthol if you don't like them strong

newports if you're a nigger

american spirits dark green pack if you're a hippie
>>
File: JaGFZLh.jpg (256 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
JaGFZLh.jpg
256 KB, 768x1024
>>29315153
would the person understand just marlboro black

and what would your 2nd choice be if they didn't have those. or would they most likely have them
>>
>>29315175

marlboro blacks are non-menthol unless you ask for the menthol pack

marlboro menthols are cool, they're a bit stronger though. but i hate menthol in general so I can only recommend so many

if you're afraid of spaghetti spilling just ask for marlboro menthols, they'll understand
>>
File: 1446017070133.jpg (48 KB, 526x498) Image search: [Google]
1446017070133.jpg
48 KB, 526x498
>>29313865
>smoking pall mall
>absolutely disgusting
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 400x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 400x288
Smoking is just not worth it, drink black coffee if you want something to hold instead. Seriously I've seen what it's done to those around me and it's just not fuckign worth it.
>>
>>29315562
It doesnt really do anything terrible to people who dont go overboard with it. As with everyting, in moderation its alright. Smoking is unhealthy as fuck, but so is everything else on this planet, even the air outside has so much shit in it.
Few cigarettes a day wont ruin your life, but a chainsmoker is another story.
>>
>>29315644
>few cigarettes a day

Lol that's how it starts out and then pretty soon youll need a pack a day to stay baseline and you'll be throwing hard earned cash to feed your shit addiction. Unless you are super dedicated and mentally tough you will eventually start smoking more and more.
>>
I always wanted to try lucky strike but I can never find them
>>
>>29316583
Yeah me neither, not even at real smoke shops
>>
>>29316583
they're banned in the states. gotta order them online
>>
>>29314789
Had the opposite affect on me but I didn't really want to give up at the time. Smoking cigarettes on shrooms was one of the best things I've ever done

I've since given up and there are few cravings, he'll I've done shrooms since so maybe that's why but usually smoking on shrooms was amazing
>>
>>29315231
Fuck you Pall Mall studs are glorious.
>>
>>29316583
Why. Because they're toasted?
>>
>>29311583
expensive habit if you don't know what you're doing. you can easily blow through $200 in a month if you buy 1 pack a day, 7 days a week.

I spend $25 on a bag of decent pipe tobacco and it last me 2-3 months even when chain smoking. beats blowing 400-600 dollars.

don't smoke OP, it is too hard to quit and not worth the money spent.
>>
>>29316851
I just did the math and I spend well over $400 on cigarettes a month. Quitting sounds good right Bout now.
>>
>>29312037
Nigga you poor
>>
>>29315795
I've been bouncing around between not smoking for days, chainsmoking with friends or when I'm stressed, and having a couple before and after work for the past 7 years of my life, if I were to average it, probably about a pack or two a week, albeit when I went through a bad break up I basically smoked a pack and downed a half bottle of hard liquor for a couple of weeks.
>>
>>29312037
At that point why don't you just walk around a busy part of the city and grab dozens of cigarettes at a time? There's ash trays everywhere and I bet you could fill an entire plastic bag in no time.
>>
File: moneywasted.png (9 KB, 480x60) Image search: [Google]
moneywasted.png
9 KB, 480x60
>>29311583

look how much money I wasted per year
>>
File: 1443480861118.png (175 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1443480861118.png
175 KB, 500x600
fuck i know this feel anon
the woman at the counter looked so suspicious of me when i bought my first pack of smokes, i can guarantee she noticed my trembling hands and sweaty forehead
i get like this whenever i have to speak to strangers but it is espeically bad with cigarettes i dont know i guess all those years of anti smoking psas really brainwashed me
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.