[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>read some Hemingway >want to do something interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1410628407044.png (26 KB, 462x320) Image search: [Google]
1410628407044.png
26 KB, 462x320
>read some Hemingway
>want to do something interesting in life this summer
>stuck in fucking St Louis, MO, alone, 5 days out of 7 all summer

A...any suggestions?
>>
>>29310776
Write a book
>>
>>29310776
Get a job
originala
>>
>>29310809
I've actually been thinking about this. I'm very much into the Lost Generation writings. I want to have some interesting experiences, or meet interesting people, to have some sort of fodder though.

One of my few friends and I considered throwing a random map-marker somewhere in the US within 8 hours drive of us, and visiting every bar in a radius of it and making it a point to not be betas and talk to everybody we come across, but eh.
>>
Go hunt some hill billies
>>
File: 1464691949236.jpg (60 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1464691949236.jpg
60 KB, 640x640
>>29310776
hey OP, i just finished rereading the sun also rises
what do you recommend i read next?
i liked the sun also rises and a farewell to arms
>>
>>29310899
Just do it anon. Nike said it best.
>>
>>29311239
It sounds gay, but The Great Gatsby was fantastic. I was forced to read it in High School, but gave it another chance a couple years later and really liked it. 4 years down the road, I may give it another whirl. It's pretty great.
>>
a...any other adventure ideas? Anything I could do on my own over a weekend, or a weeknight? I went to a bar for a few beers and a burger during the baseball game tonight, but the only people there were old-timers who wanted to drink and watch the game in peace. The new bartender was incredibly cute, but didn't seem keen to have any engaging conversation. I've been told by many to not meet girls in bars, so that wasn't my intention. Just wanted to meet people in general.
>>
Get a job you worthless underage twat. Life has no beauty, just accept the droll.
>>
>>29312155
Bump for interest. I want to go on adventures but I have no friends, well my only good friend is in a different state.

bout to buy a dual purpose motorcycle (dirtbike/street bike) and just go whever I find nice but I need ideas aswell

I'm boring and haven't don't anything all summer I just sit in my house and play games and complain about work
>>
>>29312186
I have a 7-3:30 engineering job with the government doing classified work. I'm looking to find a way to live an interesting life on the weekends, or over a week off in August.
>>
>>29312218
OP here. My dad has a motorcycle. It gave him fun through the middle age crisis. He taught me to ride, but I never broke 30 practicing before that light bike got sold. I've wanted to by a Birmingham Small Arms (because I'm a history faggot and it just SEEMS cool) bike on and off for a while, but never committed.

>tfw have wanted to do a 2 week Route 66 road trip for the past 5 years
>still haven't done it

I also want to take a week to just camp in the desert in Nevada, shoot guns, drink, and reflect. At best, I could squeeze that by in August with work and a couple classes I have to take to finish my major, MAYBE. I may save up for that.
>>
Fellow St. Louis bro reporting in, what part of town to you stay in? And where do you go the other 2 days a week?
>>
>>29310776
Hey, at least you aren't in Little rock, AR
Fuck this town and fuck this state.
The woods and parks and shit can stay.
>>
>>29310776
Do urban exploration, try living in the sewers like that guy
>>
>>29312295
I'm a bit south of the SLU Medical Campus (I go to school on the main campus). I work over at Scott AFB in IL for the US Army SDDC this summer with potential for fulltime employment after I finish my last couple courses this fall.
>>
>>29310776
> STL
the fuck are you doing in that hellhole for? You like chubby girls who wear gym clothes, people who are too self conscious to get excited at venues and tasteless food?
>>
>>29312320
I've Urb-Exp'd here and there with some old high school friends, but haven't found any sites that aren't in the ghetto and presumed crack-dens since the ones we've been to.

>>29312353
My family and I are from the general area and I go to university in the city
>>
>>29312316
I'm doing a road trip to Hot Springs and Little Rock.
Any good tips anon?
Thanks for any advice.
>>
>tfw live in cali
>tfw I can go to sf and Yosemite and it within the spa of 5 hours
>tfw stay home
>>
>>29312377
Isn't the ghetto the best place though?
>>
>>29310899
Sorry brah, you were born after the world died.
The experiences you're reading about no longer exist.
Everything is McDonalds and Starbucks.
>>
>>29312443
Not true. Feeling suicidal OP? Congratulations, the world is now officially your oyster. You can do everything. Now go out there and have fun tiger, just remember to never stop being yourself.
>>
>>29312468
YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
>>>plebbit.com
>>
>>29312385
Hmm, what are you into? Outdoors here are great, I'd definitely swing by Pinnacle Mountain (it's ~30m drive from the downtown of Little Rock. If you can spare an extra few hours definitely consider Petit Jean Mountain too. Great hiking and things, and iirc there's a really neat car museum down near Petit Jean Mountain too.

Hot Springs there's plenty to do, you can take the duck tour where you're in an old ww2-era Higgins boat type thing, also walk down Bath House Row and try that brewpub that was built in one of the old bathhouses. Maybe check out the wax museum too.

For Little Rock definitely consider checking the Clinton Library out as well. For food in town ,Gino's is a great brew pub that apparently has live music at night, The Flying Saucer has a shitton of different beers, plenty of different mediterranean restaurants, some frou frou places on the West side where all the rich muckety-mucks live. Shame you're coming down now, we had Riverfest two weekends ago and they actually had a decent lineup as far as music goes (still loads of has-been-but-still-good bands though).

As far as things to do at night, there's not much unless you're big into bars. I'm not because everything decent is at least a 30 minutes drive from where I'm at.
>>
>>29312416
I don't want to get stabbed urban exploring. That said, I'm a member of a local urb-exp forum, and east and north st louis have FASCINATING locations I've seen photos of.

>>29312443
I don't feel that bleak yet. Even my hometown was free of Starbucks.

>>29312468
simbly ebic
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.