[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Have always loved reading >Have wanted to be a writer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1464660283510.jpg (768 KB, 3264x1837) Image search: [Google]
1464660283510.jpg
768 KB, 3264x1837
>Have always loved reading
>Have wanted to be a writer myself since I was 12
>Wrote a ton of shitty stuff since, mostly keeping it in notebooks, keep some, throwing away most
>Left all those at my parents house when I went to college
>Return home for the summer, Mother seems distant from me
>That night she sits me down at the table and says "Anon, I was going through some of your old stuff and found this..."
>She hands me one of my old notebooks
>My heart drops when I see it because I recognize it as the one I kept when I was 15 or 16 and know it's full of some edgy shit
>She has fucking bookmarks in the notebook and opens up to a page where I wrote a very descriptive scene of a woman being gang-raped and then murdered
>She asks me whats wrong with me
>I try to tell her it's not real, that I was just experimenting with different subject matters as a kid, that I don't write shit like that anymore
>She doesn't say anything, but she flinches away from me when I reach for the notebook
>She hasn't talked to me since last night

How do I convince my mother that a fictional story is just a fictional story.
>>
>>29309531
You clone yourself and gangrape her, it's the only way.
>>
What an absolute stupid cunt. Please explain to her what "fiction" is.
>>
>>29309667
This, OP. If she can't be convinced then she's an idiot.
>>
>>29309531

My mom found loli doujin in my computer once.

I said I was translating them from English to French and sold them on pedos on the internet for mad money.

She bought it, I guess.

So tell her you used to sold snuff shit to psychos online, it could work or maybe my mom just a little bit naive.
>>
>>29309531
Wow your mom is a retard, you don't acknowledge retards retardation. If she has a problem with your writing it's her problem and she can deal with it on her owm
>>
File: 1464365703982.jpg (60 KB, 537x720) Image search: [Google]
1464365703982.jpg
60 KB, 537x720
I wrote some edgy grim dark poetry when i was a teenager. I even published some of it, good stuff. Everyone including my parents thought of me as a weirdo way before that so i guess it was nothing new for them. I think they were actually glad i found some productive vent for my autism at least.
>>
>Actually take the time to imagine a gang-rape
>Not being fucked up in the head

Choose one and only one
>>
>>29309531
>start writing in late teens
>start university, want to join the creative writing program
>need a portfolio, only 12 out of 90 applicants get accepted
>write a bunch of stories
>one is about a prostitute coming in out the cold and sitting next to a lonely guy in a coffee shop
>she gets shoo'd out for not buying anything
>he follows her out and starts talking to her, trying to be nice
>in the end she says she was just being nice to him so she could sit down and get out of the cold
>he follows her into an alley and bashes her head in with a brick
>submit this to hardcore feminist 55 year old writing prof
>didn't get into the program
>surprised i didnt get sent for a psych eval
>>
>>29309984

Do you not know how to write to different audiences?
>>
>>29309531
this is why you don't trust your parents with anything
EVER
>>
>>29310138
>writing for an audience

you mean pander? yeah i know how to pander. do you think that's a good way to write?
>>
>>29310271

Why apply if you were only going to enter something that would ensure your failure?
>>
>>29310287
If the writing class doesn't let you write what you want, it's shit anyways
>>
>>29309531
There is nothing wrong with writing extreme things in fiction. Have your read One Hundred Years of Solitude for example? It has paedophilia, rape, incest, yet it's regarded as a classic in literature. If you care for your mom then explain this to her, if she can't comprehend then she is a retard and fuck her.
>>
It's sad that she doesn't recognize the potential that kind of work has.
Even though it's edgy, I would love to read it.
>>
>>29310336

Not really. Have you considered that possibly your style was bland or your mastery of English was lacking? Those seem just as likely scenarios.
>>
>>29310287
I didn't realize it was going to be read by a stuck up old feminist, and it wasn't the only story I submitted anyways. I could have got denied because the writing was crap too.

Either way, I worked on my writing and submitted a whole new set of stories the next year and got in.

Writing programs in universities are a great way to meet women btw, bc the ratio is always like 70% nerdy/bookish chicks to 30% nerdy/bookish guys.
>>
>>29309531
Give her American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis.
>>
>>29310388
Know how I know you haven't written anything worth a damn in your life? Because you talk about "style" and "mastery of English."

Drop the pretense and it might improve.
>>
>>29310455

Adorable projection, hun
>>
>>29310468
It's not projection, I got into one of the best creative writing programs in the country, and have had both short fiction and poetry published multiple times.

Only pretentious wannabe writers talk about "style," when they should be focusing on fundamentals like show-not-tell, cutting out useless shit like adverbs, and generally being more sparse.

I'm sure you've had your mom, or some friend tell you your writing is great, trust me, it isn't.
>>
>>29310598
Yes, I'm sure the Tin House editors are just pestering you for articles, aren't they?

>show-not-tell, cutting out useless shit like adverbs, and generally being more sparse.

Wow, what esoteric skills the "best creative writing programs IN THE COUNTRY" taught you.

Tell me, was this country Kazakhstan or were these programs led by the /lit/ janitors?
>>
File: scully.png (117 KB, 400x287) Image search: [Google]
scully.png
117 KB, 400x287
>>29310682
If you want to assume I got vanity published, that's your prerogative, and definitely speaks to your own insecurities.

How did you get from me saying those were fundamentals, to them being "esoteric"? I can't tell whether you have a problem with reading comprehension, or whether you just dont know what esoteric means.

Either way, you're clearly a bitter wannabe and acting out. Keep working on that style champ, I'm absolutely sure you won't die in wretched obscurity.
>>
>>29310682
Yes, Mr. Best-Seller, keep the projector running, keep the tapes rolling.

It's quite funny that you don't realize you're just as far into the poo pool as myself. Call your side of the sludge cleaner if you wish, but it doesn't change the fact that you're soaking in shit.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.