[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I talk to myself constantly when I'm alone, which I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 0084 - lZKwhd4.png (908 KB, 700x775) Image search: [Google]
0084 - lZKwhd4.png
908 KB, 700x775
I talk to myself constantly when I'm alone, which I think is normal.

I've recently started talking TO myself, as in having conversations where nobody is responding, but I keep talking.

Am I losing it?
>>
>>29309099
I think I do this too, if I'm interpreting your post correctly. If somebody set up a hidden camera in my room, they would think I'm insane. I whisper, make hand gestures and facial expressions, and even look in particular directions sometimes as if there's somebody there who I'm speaking to. Sometimes I forget that I'm just talking to myself. A common thing that I do Is I pretend that I'm talking to a psychiatrist (probably a coping mechanism or some shit) and I'll start explaining how I sometimes talk to myself, then I have the sudden realization that I'm doing it right now. It's pretty funny actually.
>>
>>29309223
>>29309099
How long do you guys go without speaking to another person?
>>
>>29309099
No dude I do this too.

I pretend to have interviews with reporters as though I'm a famous politician. Sometimes I pretend to be a famous rapper discussion my life or my newest project or some shit. Lastly, I pretend to be having arguments with my gf or a kid that I hate.

I don't really know why. I think I'm an undiagnosed autist.
>>
>>29309223
yea you are, It would basically look like I'm talking to someone out of frame.

I'm talking people I know or an audience and I'm getting replies from them through my imagination.

>>29309249
I talk to people every day for my job plus my family. I'm diagnosed with GAD and PDD but idk if that is related.
>>
>>29309249
At one point, I went an entire semester without speaking to anyone beyond buying/ordering stuff and my parents.
>>
>>29309249
I live at home so I end up talking to my mom at least a little every day out of necessity. Other than that, I tend to avoid speaking to people as much as possible. I never initiate dialogue with other people, so it's common for me to go entire days saying under 30 words (estimate), and usually zero outside of my house. I remember after I got my braces off, I had to do a presentation for school about four or five days later, and when I got up there I discovered that the metal wire they put behind my teeth had given me a lisp. I hadn't spoken enough over the days leading up to the presentation to even realize, so it was a bit of a shocker.

This is me, by the way >>29309223
>>
>>29309099
I do the same, sometimes I pretend to have conversations with others so I can practice.
>>
>>29309249

Longest I've gone is four days

Without having an actual conversation? Two weeks.
>>
>>29309099
Isn't thinking just another way of speaking to yourself?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.