[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dead-end jobs sound inhumane.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1463401466945.png (317 KB, 796x712) Image search: [Google]
1463401466945.png
317 KB, 796x712
>mfw when I leave the house and see people in their late 20s and older still working in shit-tier dead-end jobs like retail, fast food etc.

Seriously, this is just so fucking depressing and grimdark, and one of the reasons I rarely go out lately. It's like a reflection of my future life, it reminds me that I'll likely end up having to work these inhumane jobs sooner or later because I still haven't finished my career path yet and there's no guarantee that I can finish it at all (am currently a 21 NEET, so at least that means there should be some hope left).

Honestly if I had to go through my 30s working in retail because I either made dumb career choices in the past or never bothered going to college/trade school at all, I would definitely kill myself as soon as possible. Shitty wage for the rest of my life, practically zero promotion chances. Yeah I wouldn't be able to endure a single month.

This is presumably what most humanities students will end up doing, can't be sure if they deserve it for taking such a retarded career path at the age of 18.

The worst thing is that many of these jobs will end up being automated in the near future, so what the fuck are these total hopeless losers going to do? Live off shit-tier welfare forever?
>>
File: 1455855705355.png (448 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1455855705355.png
448 KB, 900x900
FUCKING NORMIES DON'T IGNORE MY THREAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Post hit me right in the feels

>25
>Polisci Degree
>Spent college just doing my assignments, partying, and fucking bitchezzz
>No internships, work experience, skills, etc
>Graduated and have worked at Petsmart, Target, and as a barback.
>Work with niggers and spics with IQ's at 100 max.

My dad led me to believe he was paying for my degree, but since he's a financially incompetent faggot who couldn't weather the 2008 meltdown I had to find out that he actually put all the loans in my name and now I was responsible for 45K in debt.

I paid 45K to intellectually masturbate, party, and get laid. I literally could've gone to the library, parties, and fucked girls minus the 45k.

My loans are in deferment until March next year, so I have to get into the air force before then.

If that fails, I'm gonna buy a used van and live out of that while I look for a stupid job like analyzing mortgages or something (ive gotten interest shown in these kind of jobs before).

Its a sick joke. The only solace I have is that I'm relatively attractive and have no problem getting pussy. Everywhere I see its the total opposite. Everyone has jobs and is successful but they wan't a girlfriend sooOooO badly. Its such a fuckin joke. I would love to trade places with them.
>>
im in my late 20s and still working in entry level IT positions, it makes me sad how younger people make the same dosh as me plus they are young and probably fuck 15 years old while i am seriously considering to date a single mom because i am lonely as fuck.
>>
>>29307288
Polisci seriously sounds like a huge meme. What the fuck can you even do with it, when you don't even have any connections in high places whatsoever?
>>
File: insomniac-16_zps28b618bc.jpg (78 KB, 709x538) Image search: [Google]
insomniac-16_zps28b618bc.jpg
78 KB, 709x538
26 here, working fulltime and earning 40k/yr.

It feels nice making a living wage where I live, but my once concern is becoming a bachelor (which is honestly my natural tendency anyway) and regretting not having tried harder to find a decent wife to start a family with.
>>
>>29307383
It's basically a pre-law degree.
>>
>>29307383
Jack. Shit.

Most of my coursework was writing extremely esoteric, theoretical, and abstract papers about things like "Neoliberal marketization of social and civic space in America"

While extremely mentally faptastic for an INTJ like myself, this is literally less valuable than someone who has 1 year of work experience at McDonald's.

I hate my dad now. I'm going to get out of this debt as a testament to not maintaining a victim mentality and then I'll probably resent him for the rest of my life.
>>
>>29307453
Yea but fuck law school unless you graduate from a top-tier school, at the top of your class, with connections.

Otherwise, its a quarter mill of debt. I'm not doubling down on stupid shit.
>>
>>29307470
You can try being a teacher.
>>
I also become extremely jealous whenever I hear of 22 y/o guys graduating college and STARTING OFF with a job that pays about 40k-50k. What the actual fuck?

In the total shithole I'm from, a fresh college graduate might end up earning 1500 yurobucks at most if he's lucky, typically around 1000. That's if they get a job AT ALL.

Fucking America. I would love to move there if I had a good degree, because that country might have its drawbacks but how can other countries compete when it comes to personal income?
>>
>>29307451
>Everyone has jobs and is successful but they wan't a girlfriend sooOooO badly. Its such a fuckin joke. I would love to trade places with them.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29307512
That's true. I've heard going to law school is suicidal today. The market's oversaturated.
>>
>>29307532
Nope, I'm not becoming a useless parasitical academian who lives off kids tuition money.

I'd have to get a masters and a Phd to be taken seriously. I'm done with academia. I'm joining the air force.
>>
>>29307569
Why not high school or elementary school?
>>
>>29307569
I meant an ESL or middle/high school teacher.

Or teach adults GED.

Think about it if the air force falls through.
>>
>>29307676
I will keep that in mind anon.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.