[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game of Thrones is becoming shittier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: RU5p0eD.jpg (441 KB, 2048x1136) Image search: [Google]
RU5p0eD.jpg
441 KB, 2048x1136
>Battle of the Black Water
All seemed lost for the Lannister, but the Tyrells show up at the last minute to save the day

>Battle of Castle Black
All seemed lost for the Nights Watch, but Stannis Baratheon shows up at the last minute to save the day

>Battle of the Bastards
All seemed lost for Jon Snow, but the Arryns show up at the last minute to save the day

>Battle of Slavers bay
All seemed lost for Tyrion, Grey Worm and Missandei, but Daenerys shows up at the last minute to save the day

A+ writing there.
>>
>>29306531
It's because the show cut out too much from the book. They thought they were cutting out insignificant parts, but now that they're ahead of the books it's obvious that they cut out important segments. So this season is an attempt at getting the show's story back together and it's not going very well.

This is why you should read the books.
>>
its still entertaining as fuck, some part are predictable yeh, but cant wait to see next episode for bastard bowl
>>
>>29306627
I hate to be one of those "the book was so much better than the movie" types, but the books are so much better. I feel like this season just kind of ruins it.

Yeah the fight scenes are fun to watch, but they're so damn repetitive.
>>
>>29306531
D&D are bad writers and can't plan for shit
>>
>>29306531
They turned the tables in last episode by throwing all theories into the ground. I hated and enjoyed it at the same time, despite disliking totally misrepresenting Arya in Broken Man. I hope Cleganebowl still happens somehow though.
>>
"gimme castle edmure or i smash u baby and my character development"
>>
People keep saying the first seasons where better but i've just rewatched some chapters and i have to say, a lot of the acting was shit some of the story was delivered in a really cheese way and you can tell it had a much lower budget than they it has now. This last season on the other hand, every chapter is like an A class movie. Whatever the books may be better but there's only so much you can fit in in 52 minutes a chapter ten chapters a season and petsonaly i prefer that they cut some shit out. At least that way they can concetrate on developing with more detail some of the characters story line
>>
>>29307305
what where some of those theories? I haven't really been following that too much
>>
>>29306531

D&D are clearly rushing to end the story. They want to cram the entire rest of GoT into 15 episodes, including BastardBowl and the S6 finale? Gonna be rushed as fuck unless they make every ep 90 minutes.

Prepare for a halfassed Greyjoy plot, no resolution to Dorne, and Dany's entire return to Westeros sucking ass.
>>
>>29307610
They're going to make two more seasons or something, right? that should be enough hopefully
>>
>>29307680

13 episodes between two seasons. That's their goal.

If it was 20 eps I'd be a little more optimistic.
>>
>>29307521
>chapters
>not episodes

Euro fag detecteddd
>>
>>29307696
Yeah i heard that too but it's just a rumor nothings been confirmed yet
>>
>>29307773

Not confirmed, but it's D&D's goal. Hoping HBO keeps two full seasons after this one rather than agreeing to truncate them.

The problem is if they're knocking down the wall this season's finale (not confirmed, but S6 ep 10's rumored to be titled "The Winds of Winter"), two whole seasons of White Walker fights could get really old really fast. On the other hand, what was the point of going to Horn Hill and Pyke and shit if they're just gonna turn characters like Randyll Tarly and Euron into one-note characters? Reeks of too much Hollywoodism, just like Arya's departure from Braavos last ep.
>>
>>29307874
>>29307305
I hear a lot about them fucking up Arya's story, can any anon give me a rundown and their thoughts?
>>
>Game of Thrones is shit
>Flash is shit
>Walking dead is shit
>Arrow is shit

but I continue to watch them all because want to see how the story turns out.

How can you screw up so much when there's so much source material to take inspiration from?

Walking Dead comics are shit, but
>>
>>29306573
>bookfags
LOL no. Never. Please.

Let me break it down for you GoTfags while watching the show is superior to reading the books if you have to do either.

TV shows airing right now are shit. If you want to follow something weekly then GoT is probably your best bet. What are you going to watch instead, some superhero garbage?

Sure, you could go back and read thousands of pages of GRRM's hackish books. But in that case you are comparing GoT not to whatever shit is on tv, but to the total canon of western literature. If you have 5,000 pages to spare then you could read literally dozens of classic books that are hundreds of times better than anything GRRM will ever write.
>>
>>29308822
Honestly yeah.

There are waaaay better fantasy books and settings.
>>
Did I get banned?
>>
>>29308899
>There are waaaay better fantasy books and settings.

Such as?
>>
>>29308899
Malazan Book of the Fallen anyone?
>>
>>29309041
The Witcher and Malazan Book of the Fallen novels come to mind. I do love GoT though. So glad The Hound's back, my favorite character.
>>
game of normans has always been shit
>>
>>29308899
Asoiaf is not a fantasy.
>>
>>29307340
There would've been more to the deal than a threat.
>>
File: 1454302107378.jpg (24 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1454302107378.jpg
24 KB, 399x388
>>29306627
>GoT is entertaining
Get the fuck out normie faggot
>>
>>29309041
book of the new sun
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.