[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: OCD.png (45 KB, 499x346) Image search: [Google]
OCD.png
45 KB, 499x346
HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE HOW DO I BREAK THE CYCLE
>>
>>29304743
you realize everyone is in this cycle and that it's a part of the human condition, and you finally get over yourself you stupid fucking faggot
>>
>>29304775
t. mr omniscient knowledge of how everyone thinks.

It's you who needs to get over yourself as much as me.
>>
File: asssssss.png (27 KB, 1059x737) Image search: [Google]
asssssss.png
27 KB, 1059x737
>>29304775
This, made this image to better illustrate it.
>>
>>29304743
The formula is very easy. the application is hard. It's like learning how to move chess pieces is easy but winning is hard.

You have to noticce your unwanted behaviors, interrupt them mid-compulsion, and replace them with a healthy habit. You have to do this every time until healthy habits are formed.

If you are overwhlemed by the suffering that comes from resisting your compulsions, seek a coping mechanism that does you the least harm. For example, I used green tea as a way to "check out" of life for a few minutes while I boiled the water and waited for the tea to cool, then drank the tea, then felt a nice little lift from the caffeine without tweaking out like coffee does to me. Find something like that to divert your anxiety into until your healthy habits develop.

It takes hard work, commitment, consistency, and the belief that you can do it.
>>
>>29304775
>>29304845
This thread is for discussion of OCD, not whatever the fuck you think it is.

And if you want to retort with hurr durr it still applies, then learn the context relation between compulsion and temporary relief.
>>
>>29304891
*contextual

kk
>>
>>29304868
i've become a slave to my obsessions desu. So much that I feel my fears are starting to become delusions. I can't get anything done when I'm worrying about a what-if scenario that's largely blown out in the first place
>>
>>29304868
Does this count as "fixing yourself"?
>>
OCD has driven me insane.

I kind of understand why those in the premodern era considered us to be possessed. Our fears are so inconsequential but to us they're so tangible. Why have I been cursed
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.