[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ivy League
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: Ivy_League_logo.svg.png (133 KB, 1280x838) Image search: [Google]
Ivy_League_logo.svg.png
133 KB, 1280x838
Anyone attend or know somebody that does? Tell us robots what it's really like.
>>
My ex was at an ivy league school. Most of them are retards who just tried really hard. Above average booksmarts. Its just grooming and networking for the elite.
>>
File: 1459326281716.jpg (162 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
1459326281716.jpg
162 KB, 500x465
>>29304599
>My ex
pls go
>>
>>29304109
When I was in college, I had a friend who went to a school that was just a shade sub-ivy followed by a school that was ivy league. He and his friends were exactly like you'd expect. They were all infuriatingly rich and well-connected, enormous assholes, had a frat bro mentality, and were not smarter than the kids who went to my school. They had such low self-awareness that tehy would commonly be seen in shit like a polo shirt, salmon boating shorts, and a do-rag. One of them told me that he thought I was a tough character and that once he made it as a rapper, he'd like me in his entourage. He explained that I would get a small amount of his leavings as a prize for committing assault repeatedly on people he didn't like. He was a bit offended that I didn't like the sound of that deal, and VERY offended that I didn't think he'd make it as a rapper, due to having been raised the only shild of a tort lawyer in west hartford, CT.

The shit they got up to was also just how you'd expect -- huge parties in their parents' huge homes, lots of chad-stacy sex games, ski trips. it was not much different than how it's portrayed in movies. I went to one of their parties that was held in a huge barn that had been converted into a party house just for the kids of the family. Imagine being so rich that your parents build you a basketball court inside of a barn just so you can have your freinds over to do beer bongs and spoke pot in it.
>>
>>29304109
If you are a robot it doesn't matter what school you go to. It's all about making connections and if you are too robotic for that it's a worthless cause. The prestige is nice for impressing your family but either way for robots the main goal should be to get your degree and get out
>>
I got accepted to Columbia, but my dad never sent in the financial aid forms so I didn't get to go.
>>
>>29304725

If I wasn't often massively uncomfortable around others and could comport myself in a reasonable manner socially, honestly that sounds great.

I mean, it would probably get boring after a while, but the freedom of being able to do things like that while suffering no consequences and not feeling like shitbag during the experience sounds amazing.
>>
>>29304830
Oh fuck dude really? What school are you at now?
>>
>>29304109

Movies portray them as WASP havens, but in reality they seem to be taken over by Jews and later chinks and pooloos. Some affirmative action Jamals get put in over White Protestant valedictorian Brian Smith with his 1500 SAT and 36 ACT.
>>
File: 1453101993533.jpg (148 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1453101993533.jpg
148 KB, 1366x768
Related question:

Are there any cheat codes for getting into Ivy Leagues, besides being rich/knowing someone?
>>
>>29304890
I used to go to Drexel, but I dropped out this year.
>>
>>29304898

There may be some really old money WASP with Skull and Bones or other connections that get in, but it's no where near the majority like the movies portray (no shock movies like Caddyshack attacking old money country club WASPs are made by Jews)
>>
>>29304912
>but I dropped out this year.
such as life I guess... at least know you would probably have done very badly at any university you went to

what is your plan now? gonna go back to school after a year off or something
>>
Fuck Ives it's all about the NESCAC's
>>
>>29304902
>Are there any cheat codes for getting into Ivy Leagues, besides being rich/knowing someone?
Being a race they like helps a lot.
>>
>>29304109
I am a member of Skull & Bones. It is not all that interesting. I have the strong impression that the real Skull & Bones has moved its operations elsewhere and that the old one was into more serious shit. Now it's just a bunch of rich kids networking. They even let women in now.

I feel somewhat ripped off because I am not from a wealthy background and fought to get here.
>>
Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Columbia are the only ones worthy of any real prestige, the others seem like tagalongs no better than Duke, Stanford, Rice, or University of Chicago.

Pretty much any AAU school is a top tier education anyway. You just pay less at public ivies.
>>
File: 9l5ifml.png (556 KB, 515x599) Image search: [Google]
9l5ifml.png
556 KB, 515x599
These sort of undergraduate schools are made for a kind of person that nobody really likes to be around. They're extremely competitive for things that are negligible. Almost all of them have money. Almost all of them have great connections. In reality, these people aren't anything special. They simply were born into a family that bred them to be the way that they are. They aren't exceptionally intelligent. They simply have their parents pay for school/SAT tutoring so they all have high scores.

Even if I was accepted to a place like this, I would never attend. I've talked to plenty of people from these top-tier schools, debating them in this or that. They are barely more intelligent than the average person. They're very cocky. They feel like they can do anything, basically. I was not impressed by them and quite often would beat them in debates. You go to these schools for graduate studies, not undergraduate studies. There is no difference between Harvard and South Dakota State University in terms of the classes you take. Engineering majors, if ABET accredited, are quite literally exactly the same no matter what school you go to.

You would be a moron to not go to the least expensive school, as long as you like the area. That's the truth.
>>
>>29305069

It could be like Masons where only the really elite get let in on the secrets.
>>
>>29305019
What happens if I lie and say I'm Native American?

Will they know?
>>
>>29305019
or maybe instead of fucking complaining about everything in your life and blaming your faults on the black bogeyman you could actually work slightly harder and get in
>>
>>29305172

> just work harder brah
> the system isn't rigged against you
>>
>>29304109
Would an Ivy League take me if I transferred in with a 3.74 GPA from community college and used to be in the military?
>>
>>29304912

Engineering I assume? I always heard a lot of them got flushed out of the program early on.

I was in a different major so I never experienced it personally.
>>
>>29305172

People are pretty good at telling if their existing labor is yielding any results, and whether any additional effort will be needed to get there. In the case of elite universities, playing professional sports, acting, and other things where the power is totally out of one's control, it's a matter of nepotism, sexual favors, parental fortune, luck, and having the right bloodline. American meritocracy is the biggest delusion fed to the masses in history.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 500x500
>>29304725
Lmao I'm not surprised he was from west Hartford
>>
>>29304990
>>29305239
Yeah, it was engineering. It wasn't because it was too hard. I was way in the back of the textbook in most of my classes for my last quarter. I just got really depressed and I couldn't make it to any of my midterms. I gave up. I didn't really see the point anymore.

I don't know if I'll give it another try. I'm reading through this book on aerodynamics I bought at at a used book store and I really enjoy learning everything. It's just the educational system itself that I can't really get myself to cooperate with. I have a lot of trouble leaving my bed for some reason. It's like my whole body weighs a million pounds and it's a huge pain just getting up to go to class.
>>
>>29305323
>I don't know if I'll give it another try. I'm reading through this book on aerodynamics I bought at at a used book store and I really enjoy learning everything. It's just the educational system itself that I can't really get myself to cooperate with. I have a lot of trouble leaving my bed for some reason. It's like my whole body weighs a million pounds and it's a huge pain just getting up to go to class.
same
I don't know if I should drop out or not. my gpa just went under 2.0 this semester, I have to get it above 2 but honestly for some reason I don't feel like I give a shit
>>
>worth going into debt for tier
Harvard
Princeton
Yale

>worth it if the financial aid package is generous
Dartmouth
UPenn (Wharton moves up a tier, though)
Columbia (especially this, NYC is expensive as fuck)

>lol
Cornell
Brown

Many Asians do not consider the bottom two truely Ivy League
>>
File: ASDTFYU.jpg (158 KB, 771x945) Image search: [Google]
ASDTFYU.jpg
158 KB, 771x945
>>29305204
You can check College Confidential and view lists of the people accepted.

Pic related.

It can't hurt trying, anon.
>>
>>29305204
If you are a nigger and have a cunt, yes.
>>
Ik doing my phd at Cornell, though it barely counts as an Ivy. It's ok, pretty comfy.
>>
>>29305323
>>29305370

I honestly don't know if that's the worst decision at this point. A lot of people who go to college these days end up with jobs on the other end that they could've done without the education, so it can often end up being a lot of debt for nothing. Especially at Drexel, where tuition isn't exactly low.
>>
>>29304109
I graduated from Brown. It was OK. If I could do it again I wish I would have chosen somewhere more relaxed, but the grass may always be greener on the other side.
>>
>>29305528
what school are all those for? I never took an SAT or ACT. Seems like a lot of people get rejected for anything less than 3.75
>>
>>29305643
Idk it could be anyone of them all the high schools here send kids to ivys. It's most likely it's one of the private schools in town though
>>
I'm actually applying to John's Hopkins University for my M. A.

I really hope I'll get in!
>>
>>29304109
best friend studies at one of those

we sort of lost contact though or maybe guy just found new friends
>>
>>29305643
>>>29305563#
>what department? history major here
>
>>>29305306#
>>>29304725#
>>west hartford, ct
>what hs did he attend?

what was the reason you deleted this comment anon
>>
>>29305947
That was for upenn.
>>
I go to Columbia. Nothing like the movies. Tons of non-whites. I went to a boarding school beforehand and it was much more rich and elitist, I was basically the only white on financial aid. Pretty much everyone I know at Columbia is getting most of their tuition paid for through aid. No one even cares about Greek life here.
>>
I go to Dartmouth's medical school. They fucking changed the name to Geisel though because Dr. Seuss gave them a ton of money. Does that count?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.