[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it impossible to find a job?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: spirit feels.jpg (11 KB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
spirit feels.jpg
11 KB, 300x290
How do I get a job?

The only job I ever had was one that I got because my dad had to pull some favors, and in the end, the job ended up being shit because it was a small business and the boss was incompetent and I hated being there (mainly because of the low wage and the dead-end nature of the position and the shitty physical location of the place, which was just some house in the ghetto/industrial district repurposed to serve as a sad excuse for an office; it doesn't help that my boss was a spoiled brat who was made manager only because his daddy is a prominent business owner and gave him his own small company, and he stuttered and he could probably tell I disliked him). But I got fired from that job back this April after nearly 8 months, and I've been a NEET ever since.

But how do I find jobs? I keep applying for places and for stuff that I should be qualified for, but I never get any call backs. I have my college degree, and I have some experience both from that shitty job I mentioned and because I did internships in college; I have letters of recommendation from my professors and old supervisors in those internships.

So what am I doing wrong? I showed my resume to my father, who is a manager and who tells me he knows about human resources because he often is in charge of hiring, and he said my resume is "good". I'm just really tired of being a NEET, because I want to move out and be independent.

Is it my fault?
>>
Submitting a resume is pretty useless.
They have programs that screen out the majority of resumes and search for keywords.
Usually they will hire through friends of an employee, women, or minorities.
Getting a job these days basically comes down to starting a business yourself and learning how that works. Then you go in a say 'well I sold some t-shirts and shit and made like 20 dollars profit" then they act impressed because like nobody does that.
Then they hire a lady in her 30s who looks sad because she'll be there 20 years and won't ask for a raise.
>>
>>29302865
>How do I get a job?
What's your education?
>>
Go do volunteer work and work on making connections.
>>
>>29303475
Well, I said in the OP that I have a Bachelor's degree, Anon.
>>
>>29303485
>working for free

But I already did that for too long in university: they're called internships.
>>
>>29302865
I work fast food and the owners here will not hire any white people, they are Indian. I only have the job because I got in before they took over. You will find every person has biases on who they hire and who they wont regardless of character. It's a broken system and the best thing to do is find what you are good at and start your own business.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.