[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nietzsche
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: nietzsche.jpg (483 KB, 1000x1273) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
483 KB, 1000x1273
Have any robots read any Nietzsche? I'm talking about actually reading his books, not just liking the look of some quotes.

I'm really interested in a lot of the stuff I've seen that he talks about. If you have read any of his books, what do you think of him? Where shall I start? Or am I falling for a meme? I do understand the degree to which he's become associated with 15 year old edgelords but I do genuinely find his ideas interesting.
>>
Thus spake zarathustra u cuck read it.
>>
>>29302648
He realized that life was meaningless, and instead of being happy about the freedom that realization brings, he became cynical and assumed that everything needs to end - which he had no reasoning for.
>>
>>29302847
Does he ever attempt to explore the ways in which one can find freedom in the realization that life is meaningless in his books?
>>
>>29302648
I did my undergrad in philosophy and went ahead and got a master's, as well. Barely studied Nietzsche in the classroom, so take this with a grain of salt. In my Intro class way back when, we were assigned Genealogy of Morals. I think it was a good starter because it's three sustained essays along the same theme (what is the value of morals, conscience, and ascetic ideals, respectively).

If you just want to chow down on a ton of Nietzsche, The Gay Science is a pretty good grab-bag. It's a middle work so some of what you read may be contradicted by his later works. It covers a wide variety of topics and is pretty dense.

If you just want to jump into his late works, the Genealogy is still a good choice; but after that, try reading Zarathustra followed by Beyond Good & Evil. Zarathustra is so stylistically dense that N. basically wrote BG&E as a companion piece to semi-systemically lay out his entire philosophical vision in a more comprehensible format.
>>
>>29303057
Thanks, that's very helpful. Looking around in some other places I think I'll start with Genealogy of Morals and work my way out from there depending on how much I like it.
>>
>>29302847
What? this is complete bullshit.
Nietzsche actually did the opposite by overcoming nihilism with the Uebermensch.
The Uebermensch affirms life.

Well OP, Nietzsche is diffently a must-read if you're interested in philosophy.
But here on the internet people dont actually know jack-shit and often give opinions about things they haven't studied.

To fully understand Nietzsche you need a deeper understanding of greek philosophy and schopenhauer.
>>
Nietzsche writes like a bitch and his shits all retarded
>>
File: democracy.png (213 KB, 719x472) Image search: [Google]
democracy.png
213 KB, 719x472
>>29302648
Start with Beyond Good and Evil. It will give you a good understanding to begin with. There's a torrent on KAT with all of his books, do a research.

I've read most of his stuff and his works formed most of my lifestyle now.
When I started reading his stuff I've had so much energy and will to life (no pun intended) that my life quality began to rise a lot. I've had my first proper girlfriend after I read The Will to Power. Lol

That being said, I'm now an amphetamine addict who wants to kill himself. Decide for yourself if you're strong enough to become stronger after learning the truth, instead of getting killed like me.
>>
File: 127236433454.jpg (80 KB, 453x568) Image search: [Google]
127236433454.jpg
80 KB, 453x568
>>29302847
I think you mean his fanbase of reddit/ 4chan Atheists, what you described isn't Nietzsche at all.
>>
>>29302946
Try Albert Camus.
A lot more insightful than Nietz.
>>
Try accepting the eternal return as truth, it might make you want to leave this place and never return so you aren't spending eternity in misery
>>
File: 1463949699445.jpg (1 MB, 1200x793) Image search: [Google]
1463949699445.jpg
1 MB, 1200x793
>>29302648
I intend on giving his works a look.
Instead got myself hooked on Ayn Rand as of late.
>>
File: Soren Vs Yoda.jpg (197 KB, 1158x688) Image search: [Google]
Soren Vs Yoda.jpg
197 KB, 1158x688
>>29302847
No, what happened is he had a mental breakdown when he saw a carriage driver beating his horse, he then ran over to the horse, hugged him and said "I UNDERSTAND YOU" he then spent the remainder of his days at an Asylum.

He never recovered
>>
>>29303356
>A lot more shallow, impulsive, reckless, addicted to drugs and retarded than Nietz.
FTFY
>>
>>29302847
Have you literally read none of his work?
>>
>>29302701
i've listened to it
>>
>>29302648
I have and I feel like it's helped me develop as a person.
He has some pretty great poems as well.

>>29302701
Don't start with this.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.