[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of these movies have you seen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11
File: robotcore3.jpg (2 MB, 4000x2172) Image search: [Google]
robotcore3.jpg
2 MB, 4000x2172
How many of these movies have you seen?
>>
>>29302416
More people should see The Comedy. good examination of modern-day apathy.
>>
12 of them exactly
>>
File: 1459627570787.jpg (29 KB, 500x296) Image search: [Google]
1459627570787.jpg
29 KB, 500x296
>>29302453

>Friends want me to ease them into arthouse-y stuff
>Play The Comedy for them
>They can't sit through it
>>
>>29302416
>taxi
shit
>falling
shit
>kekoo
good
>>
File: fixed 2.jpg (1 MB, 3995x1614) Image search: [Google]
fixed 2.jpg
1 MB, 3995x1614
Fixed this for you, the comedy is one time blow-out, but loses all re-watchability, too much filler.
The rest have been replaced accordingly.
I've seen nearly all of them.
Taxi Driver and The Fly are THE robot films.
>>
>>29302416
Taxi driver
and buffalo 66
>>
>>29302416
Taxi Driver, Detachment, One Flew Over, that's it.
>>
>>29302416
2 I really liked Elephant Man but I don't see how it's robot.

I personally didn't like The 400 Blows, I mean it was good but not great.
>>
Seen most of these, watched The Lobster after you posted this the other week. Pretty good.
>>
what makes a movie robotcore?
>>
>>29302767
feelings of inhumanity, isolation I related to it a lot
>>
I wanna watch the lobster

buffalo 66 gives me many keks but it also pisses me off at the same time, probably intended to do so

I should also watch falling down because i'm a bpd autist
>>
File: drugpepe.jpg (34 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
drugpepe.jpg
34 KB, 657x527
All except Buffalo 66

>tfw have 3 TB of movies I'm willing to rewatch, nevermind the TBs of films I've deleted
>nothing to watch any more really unless I seek out obscure directors from the early era.

I wanted to go to film school, studied film on my own. It hurst me that I went nowhere in life, and that there are tumblr shitters right now handling decent equipment making their 'quirky' poorly shot, poorly edited cliche flicks and I'm here shitposting, but I led myself here, got to admit that.
>>
File: 1460236948423.png (978 KB, 1080x1063) Image search: [Google]
1460236948423.png
978 KB, 1080x1063
Taxi Driver
The comedy
Lost in Translation
The Elephant Man
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Downloading the lobster now because I love Colin Farrell
>>
File: 1464587657625.jpg (38 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1464587657625.jpg
38 KB, 657x527
>>29302521
>The Comedy
>Arthouse

Try with Tarkovsky, he's pretty popular for introducing people to arthouse and actual decent film.
>>
Have not seen any. Maybe a little of lost in translation but I don't remember it.
>>
Robots need to watch elephant man and realize how fortunate you are
>>
>The Comedy

Is this good? I love Tim and Eric's work, but I've never seen this movie.
>>
>>29302416
None, what am I
>>
>>29302416
None.

I am disabled by visual media.

I recognize 'Buffalo '66' as using Yes songs among others though, as I like prog rock.
>>
>>29302416
This is faggot pretentious garbage, literally all of these movies. Anybody who enjoys any of these movies should strongly consider suicide.
>>
>>29303094
whats your amazing film taste then? marvel cinematic universe? fast and furious? romcoms?
>>
>>29302936
wow you missed the only one that would make you a true patrician
>>
>>29302416
Taxi Driver
The Lobster
Withnail & I
The Man Who Sleeps (this is something every robot should watch)
Lost in Translation
Elephant Man
Cuckoo
400 Blows
Buffalo '66
>>
>>29302416
>taxi driver
>detachment
>lost in translation
>one flew over

Travis Bickle is just a failed normie though
>>
File: robomovies.jpg (292 KB, 825x1000) Image search: [Google]
robomovies.jpg
292 KB, 825x1000
>>29303094

How about this list I made a few days ago? More accessible popular cheeseball movies with strong robot tones. The only overlap is Cuckoo.
>>
>>29303117
I don't watch Marvel movies, but I did enjoy Toby Maguires Spider Man. Never seen The Fast and Furious and I'm a guy so romcoms aren't my favorite genre. I'm not sure what my favorite movies are, but a couple I really enjoyed are Forrest Gump, Another Day in Paradise, Flight, Happy Gilmore, Anger Management, Harsh Times, Terminator 2, Who Frames Roger Rabbit, Nick of Time, Less than Zero, TBTBTU, American Beauty, and Swimming with Sharks. I think I have decent taste.
>>
>>29303372

Okay Polytechnique has a more indy artsy vibe to it, but it really captures school shootings in a realistic manner.
>>
>>29303372
Less pretentious list with better movies. Not sure how many of those are truly related to the robot lifestyle, but really there aren't many good movies about NEET shutins, probably for a reason too.
>>
>>29303395
*TGTBTU
*Who Framed Roger Rabbit

My phones autocorrect is retarded.
>>
>>29302453
That and Entertainment.

WHY
>>
>>29302416
a friendly reminder that, if you don't like Sergio Leone's films, you're a total turd lord and a massive faggot
>>
7. i've heard of all of them but i haven't bothered watching them yet. kind of got bored of the whole movie thing tBh. i used to watch a new movie every day, haven't done that in like 2 years now
>>
File: super.jpg (44 KB, 560x373) Image search: [Google]
super.jpg
44 KB, 560x373
>>29302416
>falling down
>implying it isn't just a less funny, more over-the-top version of Super minus energetic Ellen Page qt
>>
>>29303632
everything with ellen page is garbage because ellen page is fucking garbage
>>
>>29303395
>Happy Gilmore
>Anger Management
not shit taste, but not great either
>>
>>29303676
Did you get triggered when your waifu came out as a carpet eater?

She gets shot in the head if that makes you feel better
>>
>>29303707
nah, shes just a terrible actress and always has been. i'm glad she went full lesbo feminist because it completely killed her career.
>>
File: wojak taxi.png (443 KB, 680x706) Image search: [Google]
wojak taxi.png
443 KB, 680x706
o-one...
>>
2. I don't really like movies.
>>
File: LEHGUQk.jpg (397 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
LEHGUQk.jpg
397 KB, 800x800
>>29303784
Have another Travis Wojak
>>
>>29303632
That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard, Falling Down came out 20 years earlier and they're nothing alike
>>
>>29303450

Office Space is basically wage slavery the movie.

Big Lebowski is a stoner NEET guy with very few friends (from military) who just fucks around and bowls his whole life.

Bedazzled, at least the 2000 version, is a loser who makes a deal with the devil to get his oneitis to notice him. It doesn't turn out well for him.

Cast Away is about a fairly normal, extraverted, and very punctual FedEx worker who becomes a total brain-fogged, introverted and suicidal recluse when stranded on a deserted island.

Polytechnique is about a mass shooter in Quebec who shot up what he deemed to be feminists taking his rightful place in a prestigious engineering school.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is very relateable for anyone who has been in prison-like psychiatric care.

Idiocracy is about a really average face-in-the crowd guy who becomes the greatest genius on earth when chad and stacy dysgenics take over the earth 500 years in the future. He gets an average prostitute waifu and rules over the idiots.

Rain Man is about an autistic man who throws fits when he doesn't get his way, gets rewarded for being a good boy by his newly found brother, and has succubi trying to take advantage of him. Not many here have this level of autism (there are far worse cases than him though), but sometimes something has to be exaggerated to be seen clearly.

Dumb and Dumber are two idiots who are likely virgins that go across country because one of them mistook female friendliness for attraction.

In Ready to Rumble, there are two loser wrestling fans that escape into a fantasy land because their life is shit. They are fooled by celebrity and fake wrestling characters. One of the guys' dad wants him to get real job as a cop.

B&B is two guys that just want to score and be cool normies, but they are the furthest thing from it in reality.

Joe Dirt is about a loser drifter that is looking for his parents that abandoned him. He's a societal reject.
>>
>>29303908

I should also note that Milton in Office Space is a robot that gets his office moved by his chad boss before getting fired. He later fires the office.
>>
Not a single one. I dont really watch American movies, they suck ass.
>>
>>29303372
>no castaway on the moon
>no oldboy (the original)
>no love exposure
>no marebito
Are you actually, honestly, truly kidding me with this shit list of yours?
>>
>>29302416
I've only seen The Comedy. I liked it.

You gonna get a no-no tip!
>>
>>29302684
Blue Velvet is not robot tier. Eraserhead would be a much better choice.
>>
>>29303908
>Dumb and Dumber
>Virgins

Lloyd was definitely a virgin. Harry "Mr. French Tickler" was not.
>>
>>29304365
Disregard that I suck cocks. They were both virgins.
>>
>>29302416
> just the lobster
8/8
>>
>>29303372

Bedazzled is essnetial "fuck you i liked it core"
>>
>>29304329

Maybe because I haven't seen any of those. There are probably millions of movies I haven't seen. I don't put movies on lists if I haven't seen them.
>>
>>29302416
I would recommend adding The Mater to the list, I'm sure many robots will relate to the Joaquin Phoenix character.
>>
>>29302416
exactly half

nice
>>
>>29304311

>400 Blows
>Diary of a Country Priest
>Elephant Man
>Man who Sleeps
>The Lobster
>Withnail & I

m8...
>>
File: Heidecker-4[1].jpg (65 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
Heidecker-4[1].jpg
65 KB, 600x336
>me and my friends talk exactly like Swanson and his friends
>me and my friends hide out discontent exactly like Swason
>except we're not rich

aaaughdsgdgfdh
>>
>>29302978
im 16 and love movies starter pack
>>
>>29304311
what country are you from then faggot?
>>
>>29303695
You have to admit those were two of Adam Sandlers greatest movies. There's nothing wrong with dumb comedy either.
>>
>>29304350
Isn't Eraserhead about fatherhood anxiety?
>>
>>29304329
haven't seen the others but i wholeheartedly disagree with oldboy. it's a good film but definitely not robotcore. the only people that think they relate to oldboy are edgy teenfags.
>guy is a parent
>gets kidnapped and locked away
>is actually active and gets revenge
>the ending twist which i won't spoil but robots cannot relate to that in any way
>>
>>29305413
also do we need to have threads about the same films over and over? at least post new films
>>
Lost in Translation is the most overrated trash in the world.
>>
>>29305089
and Blue Velvet is about 2 girls who desperatly want to fuck the main guy
how is that more fitting than Eraserhead?
>>
>>29304350
I think Mulholland Drive would be even better
>>
>>29304710
You probably have poor taste if you unironically posted this.
>>
>>29305483
I don't think either of them is a good fit, actually.
>>
>>29302416
Taxi driver.
Read Diary of a country priest doe it was pretty good. It's rather about faith when your body is failing at a young age and the people you're trying to turn into better persons are displaying subtle eviless like they're cruelly mocking you and your efforts.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.