[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modern society says that gender is a social construct, but equality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 1446857984992.jpg (210 KB, 599x501) Image search: [Google]
1446857984992.jpg
210 KB, 599x501
Modern society says that gender is a social construct, but equality is an objective fact.

How neat is that?
>>
>>29301311
this is a good point. If gender is a social construct, and women are oppressed, why wouldn't women simply become men? (Ironically though, the reverse actually happens fairly often)
>>
>>29301727
Women just like to pretend to be oppressed. They weren't even oppressed when they were housewives. Women's suffrage was a big mistake.
>>
Language is a social construct but they don't complain about that.
>>
>>29301832
Actually, Anon, they're making a Newspeak where you use a they pronoun for a snowfake bitch. Fucking edgy bitches.
>>
>>29302056
Language as in speaking and writing, any language, no matter how basic is a social construct. Even the African clicks.
>>
>Hillary Clinton will actively be a feminist mascot while supporting the governments of countries like Saudi Arabia

wew
>>
everything is a fucking social construct.

Saying that something is a social construct doesn't mean that it's not valuable or legitimate, it just means that it can be changed.
Gender roles are a social construct because for thousands of years, they have been beneficial. Liberals argue that the benefits that come with those roles are outdated, and they now do more harm than good, so they should be changed.

And I've never heard anyone say equality is an objective fact- it's just another social construct/value that liberals believe should be focused on.
>>
Money is a social construct too, why don't they just give me theirs?
>>
>>29301727
>>29301796
Women are oppressed in a way, but it's not as serious as most types of oppression that go on for people of color or non-Protestant/Catholic religions.

It's hard to be a woman and never be taken seriously. All anyone wants to pay attention to is your body, even other women deride or praise you for it. It sucks to be worth nothing more than a pair of tits in the eyes of most people, especially when I was raised to think that my brain was what should matter most, and I'm not stupid.

I don't want to be a vapid, slutty attention-whore, but those are the only girls who get positive attention. It makes me sick.
Men and women SHOULD be treated equally in all regards because no one has control over the way they were born or the things they are inherently good or bad at because of their genders - men are more logical and mathematical than emotional and verbal, women the other way.

>>29301832
Time is also a social construct. No one ever said all social constructs are bad, just the ones that enable inequality, aka gender roles (bad for men too).
>>
>>29301311
modern society no, just murrica and the lgbt community. In other words, people fucked up in the head, and them on the country of muh freedom
>>
File: 1458251346933.png (114 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1458251346933.png
114 KB, 320x320
I gave up trying to follow or understand this gender crises shit people rave on about.
>>
>>29302190
>Men and women SHOULD be treated equally in all regards
So are you going to fuck me in the name of equality, or do you have another fellow feminist closer to my place of residence?
>>
>>29302213
>just murrica
what is sweden. what is germany.
>>
man, that ben garrison certainly does keep busy
>>
>>29301832
Because it's never used to discriminate against anyone
>>
"social constructs" are a social construct.

objectively speaking everything is the product of physical laws.
>>
some people have penises, they're males

the rest have vaginas, they're females

they are not equal

they have different needs and different desires
>>
>>29302229
I wouldn't describe myself as a feminist, but I don't see what sex has to do with anything.
men give out their sex freely, women don't, that's just how it is. I'm not going to change myself just to appease men. that's not what equality means: equality means that every person should receive the same treatment and the same opportunities regardless of gender, race, orientation, religious affiliation, disability, etc.

only a robot could think this includes receiving sex. why don't you better yourself and EARN it, you lazy fuck?
>>
>>29302362
>equality means that every person should receive the same treatment and the same opportunities regardless of gender,
So I should obviously receive the same amount of sex offers from the opposite gender as you then.
>>
>>29302393
>only men
I hope you're being facetious because if you're not, there's no hope for you now.

sex is not an "opportunity" you dumbfuck, it's something you do with another person. EVERY time a woman has heterosexual sex, so does a man. that's literally how it works.

you don't get sex NOT because of your race, gender, etc, but because you are a useless sack of self-pitying shit that posts on a nepali june bug-collecting forum instead of interacting with real people.
why would someone fuck you with that entitled crybaby attitude anyway? you'd probably start sobbing in the sack.
>>
>>29302551
You specified disability, yet you're insulting a disabled person, why is that? Is it because he's male? Do disabled people not deserve sex?
>>
>>29302551
You're willing to hand over your money under threat of force, to help the downtrodden underclass, yet you're not willing to give up sex for the same? Why is it so different? It's just another transaction in a capitalist system, and in a communist system, just another common good, so where's the problem?

Since you obviously feel superior to me, and thus acknowledge my inferiority in this system, you must want to level this social injustice out, right?
>>
>>29302190
>men are more logical and mathematical than emotional and verbal
You should read more.
>>
>>29302362
>every person should receive the same treatment and the same opportunities regardless of gender, race, orientation, religious affiliation, disability, etc.
"why don't you better yourself and EARN it, you lazy fuck?"
>>
>>29302608
you're not disabled, you're lazy

>>29302663
you're not "downtrodden" if you can't get sex. sex doesn't provide you with opportunities and is not the same as money. again, if you can't earn your own sex from another person, you don't deserve it.

it's not the same for jobs and things that people actually need to live - basic human rights. stop instigating bullshit. sex isn't something you are entitled to. go purchase a slimy hooker if you're that desperate.

you're inferior on purpose. as a male, presumably white, you have every opportunity tailor-made for you in this "system," including sexual conquest. you failed for yourself. weep in your inadequacy.

do you truly fail to see the difference between basic human rights and human relationship? I'm curious.
>>
>>29302920
>go purchase a slimy hooker if you're that desperate.
I don't understand, if sex is so worthless, why is she charging for it?
>>
>>29302891
you receive the same opportunities as everyone else; you simply squandered them by focusing on instant gratification instead of learning to treat other people with respect and to be a decent human being.

sex != an "opportunity" or "treatment," nor is it a human right, such as things like respect and reasonable accommodation.

no one HAS to love you. it's just not the same.
>>
>>29302975
>if sex is so worthless
wherever did I say such a thing?
she's charging for it because YOU place value on it.
>>
>>29302997
So your vagina is worth more than my penis?

Why don't you work to level this inequality?
>>
>>29301311
no contradiction in terms
however, equality is not an objective fact

>>29301727
no, that's a terrible point. you can't just change a social construct pertaining to you at at will

>>29302142
sort of this but not everything,. gravity is not

>>29301832
>>29302179
>implying that anybody says social construct=bad
>>
>>29303440
>you can't just change a social construct pertaining to you at at will
Switching genders doesn't change the social construct; only how it sees you. The point is that, if gender has no physical basis, there's nothing stopping anyone from picking a different one, and if gender has have a physical basis, then it's not purely a social construct
>>
>>29302213
Honestly Germany and Sweden does this shit more than burgerland....
>>
File: 1462665524964.png (63 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
1462665524964.png
63 KB, 592x492
>IF you go against our gay, feminist dogma you are literally hitler
>unless you are a muslim then more power to ya
>>
>>29301311
Because you're building a strawman out of two separate claims

Also

>that picture

if you faggots hadn't spend months and months and years now I think constantly harassing her she would have remained a tiny blip on youtube, but you all proved her right.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.