[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is working in an office comfy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: worker bees - 1459926280323.jpg (460 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
worker bees - 1459926280323.jpg
460 KB, 1024x768
Is working in an office comfy?
>>
>>29300918
Depends on the people you work with. If you're expected to be happy all of the time then it is hell. If that doesn't matter and all your boss cares about it you getting work done then its nice
>>
>>29300918
Absolutely not!

>Keyboards always clickety clacking
>Phones constantly ringing
>Normies never shutting up
>Not having any privacy

That environment looks so repulsive. I literally couldn't stand it not even for a single day.
>>
>>29301401
open plan offices are a cancer
>>
I work in a small office, not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be.. but its an oilfield office where everyone has a TrumpBoner and talks like sailers. Its pretty comfy when work is slow, which is about a third of the time. Play games on my phone and browse the internet. Im at my desk right now
>>
>>29300918

With some good cubicles it may be.
>>
>>29300918
Depends on your role in the office? I'm generally left alone, so yeah it can be pretty comfy. I'm only ever bothered when my boss wants to show me a "funny" video or brag about where he'll be travelling with his trophy wife later this year. 95% of the time, I'm browsing 4chan, listening to music, torrenting a movie in the background, and occasionally logging onto Maplestory

Also, make sure you check your posture every 10 minutes or so. Realized how far forward my neck was earlier this year due to sitting at a computer for hours, and when I corrected my posture, I looked like a completely different person.
>>
>>29300918
When it's a simple data entry job where I can listen to podcasts or music and the people aren't obnoxious it's fine. But that isn't always the case.
>>
>>29301427

I fucking hate the Germans
>>
>>29303130
I fucking hate democrats
>>
>>29303199

No the Germans invented the open office
>>
Honest to god I'd rather work outside doing construction or landscaping than having an office job. The boredom would kill me. Just take a look at the type of people that work office jobs. Fat older women, balding beta looking men that are half dead, weirdos in general. 9 - 5 monday through friday every fucking week, 2 weeks a YEAR off at best.
>>
I work in a big office of 6 people

Can confirm it's absolutely comfy

I'm busy as fuck but I love sitting on my ass in a comfy leather chair all day
>>
>worked as an intern in a small office. 4 people, the boss and myself.
>boss would leave for weeks at a time
>would assign me work, told me when he needed it and then never mentioned it again until he needed it
>brought me books to read because I was bored because i did everything so quickly

Was a pretty comfy job.
>>
>>29303292
They are the best coworkers man. Also happy to see you, bring you food, and tell yo funny old people stories. It's liking having a bunch of grandmothers
>>
>>29303247
Yeah, but democrats suck. Btw thanks for the info
>>
>>29300918
I found it comfy. Worked in a quiet room with only the sound of typing and a nice breeze from the air conditioning, and nobody bothered me either.
>>
>tfw work in a small office that was converted from a house
Definitely better than the generic cubicle w/ corner office or open plan offices where you are surrounded by normies on all sides.
Everyone is separated into little rooms and cut off from each other. Feels pretty comfy when I can take a 15 minute nap in my chair with nobody else noticing.
>>
>>29303292
joke's on you, I work 9-6 monday to friday, I even get called in to work weekends sometimes.
>>
>>29300918

it only depends on coworkers.

I spent almost 2 years in the lousiest openspace of Dat Big Firm Yeah International Yeah.
it was not easy to reach, so bosses just emailed and phoned when necessary.

except mandatory "good morning" and "bye bye", cowo's (and me) were silent like autistics - except some rare times a good joke or some big news came up -, noone gave a shit about being late and stupid things, everyone was working on a different project.

man, I miss those days. I was both productive and relaxed at the same time (not only for airconditioning and internet speed).
so productive, they sent me in another section.
almost cried when they told me to move.
>>
File: 1388793558411.png (70 KB, 270x235) Image search: [Google]
1388793558411.png
70 KB, 270x235
>Work in the office of a high end online fashion retailer
>Seeing all the qts who are way out of my league
They're all nice people at least.
>>
Spent a year in an open space in the local branch of an American company and it was awful. Guy behind me was a cool douche who tried to be funny all the time (stealing parts of his humor helped me a lot doe) in front of me was an ok 35yo dad but it was annoying behind sandwiched like that. Plus I was mostly doing excel tools and data analysis surouned by buyers and sellers and couldn't really integrate with people my age cause too autistic.
Now I work in a small IT office in another company and the 4 dudes I'm working with are all pretty cool and I have 0 pressure. Plus it's a company that is in big parts state owned so it's full of useless old people that can't be fired which makes it easy for me to seem productive. Plus I'm doing better socially and I have a few very good colleagues.
>>
Working with women is very uncomfy, and offices tend to disproportionately be women, so yes
>>
File: snort (2).png (12 KB, 485x312) Image search: [Google]
snort (2).png
12 KB, 485x312
No
If you are a real robot working in an office is the worst thing you can do. Offices are corporate environments where the weak get bullied

I work in an office and because I am quiet and weak people pick on me. There is a fucking email chain that goes around the office- People think I haven't seen it because I am excluded from mailing lists, but I have- that is a parody of those old style email chains that includes several jokes about me. Even the fucking HR department and managing director find it hilarious.

I haven't read the whole email but I know 3 of the jokes.

'Anon walks into a bar and orders a drink. The barman asks him to speak up and stop mumbling. Anon has a mental breakdown and spends 30 minutes in the toilet with his face going bright red'

'Anon has booked the entire 3 weeks before Christmas off this year. He wants to spend time with his family and needs that much time to be able to ask his dad to pass the gravy due to his stutter'

The third joke is just a comic strip of Dilbert but with scuba gear photoshopped over Dilbert and Dilberts tie is missing referencing the fact that I spent a few hours crying when I lost my tie once. (waterworks XDDD)
>>
>>29305619
>I am quiet and weak
>I spent hours crying when I lost my tie

People are cruel anon, but you need professional help
>>
>>29305619
Seems like you're a huge beta faggot.
>>
>>29300918
in a small office where everyone knows your name, there is no corporate culture and you are allowed to fuck around and leave early during slow days yeah, its dream mode.
Rule of it and most coding jobs is that every month there is around a week of intense work and a week of no work at all with rthe other two weeks mostly staying average unless tere is a big project, imagine having pretty much a week of vacations every month where you still show up to work but just hang around with coworkers and play videogames or do wathever before leaving 3 hours early
>>
>work in an office
>no matter what you do some person you've never had any contact with considers you their mortal enemy for some minor or imagined slight
>eventually leads to a baffling confrontation where you have no idea what the fuck is going on

WITHOUT FAIL
>>
>>29305619

Fucking KILL them all, man.
>>
offices fucking suck
>>
My office is comfy.

Have a desk at back near wall, only three people around me, but there's more on the floor. Ones around me are quiet. desk is spacious and chair comfy.

Phones never really rings as we are not a customer service team or anything like that. Can use Internet.

Everyone is nice enough.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.