[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got fired today from The New York Times. Feel free to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: NYTLogo.jpg (306 KB, 4032x678) Image search: [Google]
NYTLogo.jpg
306 KB, 4032x678
I got fired today from The New York Times. Feel free to make fun of me ITT I deserve it.
>>
>>29300404
Is it really the Jew York Times like the /pol/tards say?
Also, stowy?
>>
>>29300746
>been working there for about three months
>think I'm doing alright
>make some mistakes but I'm new
>did some projects I was proud of and others seemed to like
>wake up today from an angry email by my manager
>tells me I made a "sloppy edit" on a video
>was working on three different videos at the time so I understood the mistake from an objective point of view
>the tone of her email seemed very upset though
>have a sense of dread all the way to the office
>get to work, everything seems normal
>all my logins work
>twenty minutes later the guy who hired me ask to speak to him
>thisistheend.jpg
>tells me "we're going to have to part ways, you aren't developing into the role fast enough, this isn't a reflection of your skills, it happens all the time, consider grad school, blah blah blah, I'll walk you to the exit"
>pack up my shit and leave without saying goodbye to anyone
>call my dad to tell him
>fighting back the tears of humiliation on the street while explaining and asking him what I should do now

I might just kill myself. I'm so ashamed.
>>
>>29301164
Howd your dad take it? Also, is it cool if I get your job? Is the spot still open? What should I tell them to get the job?
>>
>>29301164
Geez.. fucking harsh. Was it a big mistake? Did it went live or something?
>>
>>29301232
>Howd your dad take it?
He was shocked but very understanding. He's been fired many times before. I'm more worried about my mother though.

>>29301281
It wasn't the worst mistake in the world and I've honestly seen my co-workers do worse but I think it was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.
>>
>>29301281
Lel dont they have quality control? Do they just post shit live without revising it first? Sounds like op was hire to work in china were you make a little mistake and they fire you.
>>
>>29301164

>her

Typical. What do you expect? Women ruin everything.
>>
>>29301164
>>all my logins work

sadism is part of the Journalist Culture
>>
>>29301399
Honestly, I don't know why or when she didn't like me, and she really didn't try to hide it that hard. Never said good morning, never "checked in" with me, gave me positive feedback three times total? I'm a very quiet person so maybe she didn't like me because I was quiet.
>>
>>29301563
you probably aren't hawt enough for her...
>>
>>29301582
Lol kill yourself
>>29301563
What was your position?
>>
>>29301613
Associate video journalist.
>>
Sounds fucked up man.
Apply elsewhere, see where it gets you.

>doing something in the creative field, like video editing
>expecting to have stable job
>2016
ishiggydiggydoo
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.