[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one deal with the fact that you don't respect your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1445328459598.jpg (70 KB, 450x532) Image search: [Google]
1445328459598.jpg
70 KB, 450x532
How does one deal with the fact that you don't respect your parents? I'm eternally grateful for taking care of me and supporting me through college but I'm just not impressed by them and don't love them as much as I would want to

They are stupid wagecucks with no education who's terrible life decisions led to our family mostly having the shittiest time being dirtpoor, also father was always working starting up another company, never had the time to take care of me, thus now he barely knows me. They honestly didn't teach me anything useful about the world, life, money, love, women etc.

I know shitty parents could always be worse, and still better than no parents, and I'm probably a lost soul for not respecting them, but I just don't relate to them at any level, completely different mindset, worldview

Shit sucks I feel so lonely, a stranger even in my own family
>>
>>29300190
dunno that feel
>tfw based parents
>>
>>29300190
sucks and alot of people dont want to admit it but there are some extra shitty parents out there

my dad(step) seemed harsh growing up but i still didn't understand what a stepdad actually was and why my mom had the most say over what i was allowed and not allowed to do. once i grew up i came to the realization of how based he actually was and how fucked up my mom was as a person. i mean i had food shelter and clothes but that is literally basic needs being met. personal development as a human was were she fucked me over and i realize she raised me that way because that's how she was raised, yet i dont feel she deserves a pass for that at all, because i wouldn't neglect my kid in that way, and i realize that and im not even half her, age but she doesn't, so to me that just shows me she's not respectable on that level. older people are suppose to have that type of wisdom.
>>
Both my parents were shitty, and while I love them, I also despise them for their stupidity. Both my parents were deluded, both of them were truly terrible and moronic parents.
>>
>>29300190
It's kinda sad realizing that you hate your parents' personalities
I feel like I just listen to my mom because she's my mom. I don't care about 90% of the shit she says but I still humor her
>>
Dealing with this right now OP.

>Dad is blue-pilled and beta
>Mom cheated on him with best friend's rich alpha dad when i was 11-12
>Divorce settlement let her keep half the equity of the house
>Alpha dad put up the other half and so my mom and alpha dad bought my own dad out of the equity of his own fucking house
>my dad pretends like he doesnt know who put the money up
>remarried a dindu, ghetto rat single mom
>she literally doesnt do anything or contribute anything.

>he put student loans in my name without telling me
>said he could pay for it
>too financially incompetent to keep his word
>doesnt let me know he cant pay anymore
>nearly get credit destroyed had i delayed snooping around by a month or two

>never disciplined me
>never gave me good life advice
>handed me everything
>spoiled and complacent kid

He called me a few daya ago because he wants to hang out on fathers day but its like uhhhhh i dunno about that
>>
>>29300899
some people shouldnt have children t bh
>>
>Schizoid/sociopathic +narcisstic control freak mom
>Retarded beta cuck bottom bitch dad who just tags along with mom/never speaks his mind and supports her every time she abuses one of the children emotionally
>They try to force every kid into a specific role within family life very early on (black sheep, favorite can-do-no-wrong kid, invisible etc)

Anyone know why this combination seems so common?
>>
>>29301001
feminsm literally is the answer
>>
>dad was a high school beta who had a boring as fuck life because he was ready to be the responsible, hardworking guy who sacrifices basically his entire life to start a family, and accepts relative mediocrity as a conscious decision

>mom came from an absentee parent family as a latchkey kid in upper class New York City who said fuck it, I'm going to marry this farm boy and move to small town Vermont

I definitely have a level of respect for them, though not to an undue degree. I respect them as much as I would respect anyone in their situations, whether my parents or not.
>>
>>29300190
*teleports behind you and unsheathes katana*
Nothing personal kid
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.