[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
19 and 20 year olds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 15
File: 1458480923160.gif (2 MB, 335x237) Image search: [Google]
1458480923160.gif
2 MB, 335x237
No high schoolers, no legal drinkers.

Where are you at right now? I feel like this is the precipice of adulthood.

I'm 19 and I keep telling myself I'm still a "kid" because I don't want to admit to being a manchild. Hopefully I can amend that before my 20s.
>>
I'm 18 and fuck you I'm going to post anyway. I graduated high school over a year ago, so I think I fit in the category you're aiming at.

I'm trying to figure out how to be an adult too. I dropped out of college, and will probably try to go back if I make it that long in life, but I think there are more pressing concerns.

It may just be that I'm manic, but I'm planning on going overseas to do some volunteering of some variety once I've gotten in better physical shape, am more mentally stable, and have honed up on the relevant languages decently enough.

Anyway, where my mentally ill drug addicts at?
>>
File: 1465781359548.gif (1 MB, 360x200) Image search: [Google]
1465781359548.gif
1 MB, 360x200
>Teenagers complaining
24 here
It doesn't get better
>>
>>29298511
23 year old fag here. You are a kid and you are getting more passes to be a fuck up than you think. True failure is being a manchild when you're 23+. You start physically looking like an adult, you look older and sadder. You should have finished college, you need a real job that isn't fast food, you need to be in a semi-serious relationship. The list goes on. You still have time family, don't be like me.
>>
>>29298572
Let's be honest, younger teenagers are in some ways more fucked than us NEETs. We all remember how shitty school was.
>>
23, embrace it you fucktard.
>>
>>29298511
Im 19 and have no idea what major I want to do in college because I dont want to do shit all I want is money but Im trying to figure out the least risky major for high profit.

Also I hate being an adult all this stress and pressure is horrible.
>>
I spent 18-22 on drugs. Wageslave from then to now. Back in school to get a paramedic certificate ( only takes a year )
>>
>>29298511
20 here. In the UK so I can drink but I hate alcohol and I have nobody to drink with anyway.

I don't feel like an adult. I've always been mature and sensible but I just feel so out of step with society and the people I went to school with. No real friends left any more, still haven't learnt how to drive, still a virgin. On Zoloft for anxiety/depression. Living at home but I don't care about that (don't know anyone who has moved out, house prices here are insane).

I've been going out running and to the countryside a lot lately though. Thinking about getting a dog. Might end up joining the military.
>>
19, failed out of college, I sit home and post on /r9k/ now.
>>
>>29298557
>once I've gotten in better physical shape, am more mentally stable, and have honed up on the relevant languages decently enough.
so...never?
>>
>>29298595

I'm working on it senpai. I actually did my stumbling last year at 18, I'm a lot more serious now. And I actually mean that when I say it. Going to school (actual university in a couple months), working, saving money, learning to drive.

I still have a long way to go but I'm not giving up just yet.
>>
>>29298651
Very possibly. I could just end up fucking up again and again with benzos are going back to the psych ward over and over again. But if I do jump to that conclusion, I'm as good as dead.

I have already spent a decent amount of time familiarizing myself with Turkish, and I've started going to the gym. I'm in a much better mental state than I have been in a very, very long time as well.

But yes, failure has a high probability. But that's true with most things worth doing.
>>
>19 and 20 year olds

youre literally still children

most people take a year off before uni or whatever

come back in 8+ years, kid
>>
>>29298600

Seeing high school posters here triggers me. They are having a tough time, and I get that, that was me a while ago, but they don't know what it's like to really have independence and fuck it up yet.

at least wait until you graduate
>>
>>29298511
Stop making threads until you're at least 25

You know nothing and nobody wants to listen to you you're a dumb kid so go out and let life fuck you in the ass before you start sharing.
>>
>>29298759
I did. I graduated a while ago. And I still believe high school posters are sometimes as fucked up as the hardened NEETs. A lot of them are annoying faggots though, or just part of the whole "/r9k/ is funny and completely satire" crowd, so seeing the messed up one's is harder sometimes.
>>
>>29298511
I have a job but I keep avoiding all my responsibility's like the child I am. My glasses broke 5 months ago, still not fixed, my tax checks are uncashed, my hair hasn't been cut in a year, and I only have two pairs of pants

I feel like I'm 16 or 17, I keep playing the I'm young card to extort money and more free housing time from my parents
>>
>>29298765

You guys have your own thread.

But now I am curious. I might whip up a strawpoll to find out /r9k/'s true demographics.
>>
>>29298765
>let life fuck you in the ass before you start sharing

So what exactly qualifies as getting fucked in the ass by life? Do you need to drop out of college? Be full NEET? What level of social isolation is required? How many times do you need to have been hospitalized?
>>
>>29298511
>Where are you right now?

At work.
>>
>>29298759
well i just turned 20 last month and am almost done with my first year of community college so whats you're beef ?>>29298511
also its ok to still feel like a kid. i know i do. the difference is learning from life. trust me, you will be put in situations where you are forced to grow up a bit. if not wisdom comes in time
>>
>>29298800

http://www.strawpoll.me/10491906

upvotes plz
>>
>le neet life rocks hehe no school or work get rekt wagecucks, i finished school 6 months ago!
>>
>>29298875
This. NEET life is absolute pain after 3 ~ 4 months.
>>
>>29298875
Who seriously glorifies NEET life? But most jobs for young people are shit, low paid and don't offer any chance at "independence". The economy went to shit when we were growing up and it has never really recovered.

If you're a 20 something in most of Europe, you're screwed, youth unemployment is at around 50% in Spain and Greece for example.
>>
>>29299026

>Who seriously glorifies NEET life?

Wageslaves who think the grass is greener
>>
File: 1458607435017.jpg (293 KB, 553x555) Image search: [Google]
1458607435017.jpg
293 KB, 553x555
18-20 sucks but at least when you're 21 you can go out and get drunk with your friends. 18-20 are those weird years where society expects you to act like an adult but still treats you like a child.
>>
>>29298628
hey UKbro where abouts do you live?

England, West Midlands here
>>
>>29299345

That's exactly why I made the thread. I'm probably screwed when I get to drinking age, though. How do you refrain from just drinking your troubles away?
>>
>>29298511
>there's still time!!!
Aw, the sweet delusions of youth. Just recently turned 24 myself and I'm still basically at the same place I was when I was your age: still not finished with college, still got a McJob, still no gf. The only difference is that I've lost the few friends I had. My life fucking sucks.
>>
>>29299345
>friends
You're on the wrong board.
>>
>>29298511
I'm 22 and I still feel like a child. I'm starting med school in september but I still live with my parents and have no plans to move out anytime soon. I feel just as lost and clueless about life as I did when I was 18.
>>
File: 4982.png (139 KB, 917x871) Image search: [Google]
4982.png
139 KB, 917x871
>>29299367
In the north east

Just fuck my shit up
>>
>>29298511
>no legal drinkers

But what if the legal drinking age is 18 in your country : )
>>
File: 1465943793553.jpg (22 KB, 338x338) Image search: [Google]
1465943793553.jpg
22 KB, 338x338
>>29299588
You have any friends? Everyone is a fucking normie here. The britfeel threads are terrible too. Just a bunch of failed normies.
>>
>just turned 20
>no job, failing community college
>no direction, no idea what to do after finishing associates
>eating disorder, weigh 75% of ideal weight
>self harming
Life is g r e a t
>>
>>29299457
Robots can have friends, just usually not a girlfriend. This isn't wizchan.
>>
19 turning 20 in a month,

Graduated high school 3 years ago.
First three years were a pain in the ass, but senior year was fucking amazing.

First year of college was hell, second year got a lot better. Transferred schools in my third year and it went to shit again. Currently between my third and fourth years, not enjoying it all that much, I wish I lived on campus. Commuting from the burbs all the way downtown takes its toll on my grades.
Have an internship, hopefully they'll hire me after I graduate.

I hate college and I hate living at home. I haven't seen my friends in a long time and that's all I want to do right now.
>>
20 here, and 21 next month. I have a decent job, and waiting for a better job to call in a few months. I made enough money to afford trade school and I'm planning on starting that next year.

Over the past year I've made some big changes. I bought a car, learned how to drive, built my first PC, and lost a lot of weight.
I've made all these changes yet I still feel like shit. The only thing I'm still sad about is "tfw no gf." I'm still a KHV even with these big steps in life. I guess nothing can change ugly.

Hopefully I meet a girl eventually, because it's not hard to see myself as a wizard in the future.
>>
File: 1444301440124.jpg (33 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
1444301440124.jpg
33 KB, 482x427
>>29299718
Nah, no real friends, sometimes play casual vidya with some people I went to school with but I never go out drinking or anything. I agree it's normie central, the whole UK is really. I don't bother with britfeel.
>>
File: 1464917397312.jpg (65 KB, 604x448) Image search: [Google]
1464917397312.jpg
65 KB, 604x448
10 minutes till I work
Al I guess I can contribute is that I've been looking at rock climbing gear and guns and I want a sailboat and maybe a motorcycle? And I just filed an LLC app I want to CREATE SHIT, you know ; business, no idea what I'm going to do. Also I wish I could deal drugs but that doesn't end well. I'm a yuppie trapped inside a 19yo
Send Help
>>
File: 1465051314812.jpg (9 KB, 250x220) Image search: [Google]
1465051314812.jpg
9 KB, 250x220
>>29300581
I really don't want much lads
I really don't
I want to be professional
>>
19 year old, year 3 majoring in finance at sept
working as an intern at bloomberg for the summer

i know it doesnt sound too bad on paper but happy is the last thing i am
>>
>19
>never had any actual friends in high school, got along with most people but nothing close
>after graduating I realize there's no one who would contact me outside of school
>literally completely alone
>tell myself I'm going to meet people in uni
>almost 2 semesters now and I still haven't made any friends
I just don't know any more.
It's like everyone has an instruction manual on how to behave socially except me.
>>
File: 1464917519456.png (1 MB, 1547x1547) Image search: [Google]
1464917519456.png
1 MB, 1547x1547
>>29300661
You lucky POS, If I didn't have commitment issues I would envy you.
>>
>>29300682
along with the glamour comes the stress
the huge student debt along with academic pressure is really depressing, working at a reputable firm and studying at a prestigious uni means everyone expects a lot from you

having to work with a bunch of intelligent but overly extroverted people is extremely tough for a robot
>>
>>29299730
>believing friends exist
In Auschwitz during the gassing, people "friends" trampled each other in order to reach the doors.

Their dignity was so low that they were willing to crush children in order to claw at a metal door.

I don't want friends - and I know that if I get some, I will never trust them.

Friend is a fake term for asset. If you have "assets" that do not give you anything positive you are literally a chump, or a normie.

That being said, hopefully girl"friend"s make more sense to you virgins.
>>
>>29300811
This is some solid edge right here.

You're probably right, I don't know if any of my friends could be trusted in a life or death situation and I'm afraid of having to think about the possibility that they'd abandon me, cause I wouldn't abandon them.
>>
>>29300850
Not saying that >>29300811 is bullshitting but gassing is quite an extreme example. I dont disagree that quite some relationships are like that, but that shouldnt stop you from trying.

My depiction would be that friends are people that wouldnt mind sacrificing a little for your benefit but may sack you if there are true problems.
>>
>>29298511
at home, living with my mom, failed school and cant get a job, still trying though.
>>
>>29300668
I'm 20 so I'm starting my junior year fall
I would be in the same position if it weren't for a miracle of events my freshman year
>run for position in university government
>get invited to run for SGA in a party
>the SGA party holds a party
>ask if anyone will walk with me as I know no one at that point
>two girls offer
>one of those girls is my only friend today
I've maintained a facade of not being a loser but I think she realizes I have no friends besides her
>>
>19
>part-time job
>interviewing for a second job on Friday
>not in school
>only recently started driving and I'm still terrified of it
>live at home

I'm trying to become an "adult" before I hit 20 in a month
>>
>>29300930
>>29300850
my my, I didnt write that out to tell you to not have friends.
I was just enraged that the anon I responded to tried to distinguish between people who call themselves robots ("logical" people, - autists) and people who believe true friends exist. They do not.

Friends are necessary in life. For vaginas, money, and social support.

Just know that they are nothing more.
>>
File: 1448237880139.jpg (21 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
1448237880139.jpg
21 KB, 217x320
>>29300668
Fuck that sounds similar to me. Haven't seen anyone from school since I left. It's like my social skills are actually regressing, I can hardly look anyone in the eyes now. Never felt more alone. Is this going to be the rest of my life? It's hell
>>
>>29300977
dont exist*

Originalmentecomente
>>
File: true NEET power.jpg (36 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
true NEET power.jpg
36 KB, 409x409
>>29298832
hmm..... then get back to it, wagie, you wouldnt want me to call naselberg would you?
>>
>>29300668
same here too.
good thing i am caring less and less about my life and i can do what i want without any regrets.
but i no longer want nothing.
>>
21 with a mortgage and steady job
Feels pretty good despite the fact my crippling depression prevents me from connecting to anyone
>>
i wish i was 19 again. so much wasted time behind the computer.
>>
>>29301220

>19
>browsing chons for four hours straight right now

I guess I should stop
>>
>>29298511
20 i look older i guess, dont get carded.
drinking only helps for a short time. i have such crippling anxiety that i can sleep with out least being buzzed. it lost all "fun" purpose if you need it daily
>>
19 here, I failed highschool and now I'm finishing guard school.
I'm weirdly thin-fat but other than that I would be clssified as a total "normie".
Truth is I'm just pretending to be an adult and I don't know if it will ever stop. At the end of the day I go home, get in my PJs and play vidya while eating junkfood and talking to my only friend in 5 years through skype.
>>
20 for just a few more weeks. I'm going to celebrate by buying some whiskey I can't afford and seeing how much I can drink by myself in one day.
>>
>>29299345
>21
>drinking age
You know there are people who live in normal countries right senpai?
>>
>>29299724
>self harming
Then stop coming to 4chan you idiot!
>>
>>29298511
Underage general?
It's so hard being an adult, I miss my childhood. I wish I could go back to it, things where better a month ago when I was still a kid
>>
>>29301459
>Truth is I'm just pretending to be an adult
Kek, you have no idea kiddo. Protip smoking helps
>>
>>29298511
25 here are you are still a kid, don't sweat it.
You'll realize this after you think you're an adult for a couple years and then find out that you're depressingly ill-equipped for real life. Usually happens around 22-23.
>>
This happened las week
>Alone in another party, who would have guessed
>Sit in the corner, cheap drink in my hand looking at the normies
>They are all whores and chads, they dance and play wired stupid games to see who can embarrass himself the most
>They call me. Time for the pinata
>They give me a burger King crown but it's too late
And now im posting here again chain downing pixie sticks to feel something
>>
>>29300977
How can a mature individual like you be denied the right to drink alcohol and travel alone to another country is beyond me
>>
>>29301716
Nah, 4chan doesn't make me hate myself
>>
>>29298511
>21
>not in school
>live in town populated almost exclusively by old people
How do I find friends here?
>>
>>29302272
thank you for all of this kek
>>
>>29298738
>most people take a year off before uni or whatever
Is this actually true? It seems most people are heading straight to uni next year to me. And that's what I'm doing.
>>
>>29298610
Same position, 19 here too. I always liked history, but i know better than to pick up such a shit tier degree. Wasted a year taking random classes trying to decide on a major, just got mailed my associates in fucking liberal arts actually. I was gonna settle for accounting, but everyone told me that was an awful idea, some one suggested programming so thats what im doing. Havent gotten the motivation to really work at it, not doing as well as id want to so im terrified right now.
>>
>>29302620
mean to write "under 21"; I'm 19
>>
>>29302620
Get you a big booty gilf
>>
>>29300668
Man, I had a group of friends who met outside of school routinely. After graduation we just stopped. I don't know what the fuck happened. I think if I fail to get a normal social life in uni I'll really hate life.
>>
>>29300811
>In Auschwitz during the gassing
So, never.
>>
>>29302827
If you want to make friends make sure to get into clubs/make friends in your classes as soon as possible. Everyone is in the same boat at that point and people form cliques after a couple weeks which can be hard to get into.
>>
>>29298511
>19
Legal drinking age in my country is 18 for stuff with abv < ~ 25 % (IIRC).
I can drink wine and beer legally (thank god desu), good beer really is fantastic, in taste and effect. I understand a bit too well why people become alcoholics.
Did the last exam of high school just yesterday. Plan is to study compsci beggining in fall.
>>
File: 1455176502092.jpg (72 KB, 381x424) Image search: [Google]
1455176502092.jpg
72 KB, 381x424
>>29298759
I'm 19 and had a job set up for 60k starting part time and would have been making more than 100k full time. While I was setting up that shit show I was working at an IT place in LA. I was engaged and also had my own place and dog. I did this all at 18 first month of graduating. I lost it all of course because of fucked up shit. You can be this age and still experience the loss of real independence.
>>
File: 1465162789248.jpg (43 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1465162789248.jpg
43 KB, 640x640
20 year old turning 21 in november here.

>tfw every says these are the best years of my life
>tfw they have been objectively the worst so far

It constantly feels like my life is a day away from completely falling apart and all i can do is watch.
>>
>>29304368
Don't worry anon, it gets mcuh worse before it gets better

Eventually something will drive you to kill youself.
>>
>>29298511
Hate to break it to you teenagers but it doesn't get better. I thought it would when I was your age too. But here I am, age level 24.5 and I still haven't gotten a job or graduated community college.
>>
>>29305505
>Eventually something will drive you to kill yourself.

Already tried ended up in a mental hospital for a week. Now i'm too afraid to do it again because if I fail I'll be there for good.
>>
File: JUST FEEL MY SHIT UP.png (43 KB, 357x390) Image search: [Google]
JUST FEEL MY SHIT UP.png
43 KB, 357x390
>just turned 20
>almost done with my IT studies
>barely scraped by, haven't really learned anything practical
>supposed to be working in less than a year
>have no future prospects

I don't even enjoy the field I'm working in, it looks so easy when my peers do it. The only reason I chose to study this is because every other option sucked and I'd feel extremely guilty for turning into a NEET since I love my parents
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.