[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are old people allowed to drive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1419191399043.png (3 KB, 315x318) Image search: [Google]
1419191399043.png
3 KB, 315x318
why are old people allowed to drive?
>>
Same reason children are allowed to attend university as soon as they are competent.
>>
I agree. I often make the joke that people "should be pusged into a big hole" once they reach a certain age. Usually gets a nice laff from the normos.
>>
I'm not sure either. I've spoken about this topic with people before, and the only solution I can think is to have a driving test for them, when they hit a certain age.
>>
they really need to require everyone over the age of 50 to have tests to make sure their reactions and eyes are good enough to drive. every time they renew their license this should happen.

the only reason this doesn't happen is because the state wants all that renewal money
>>
>>29297960
>renewal
In my country once you pass your test you get it for life
>>
File: 1456160803327.jpg (426 KB, 1653x1023) Image search: [Google]
1456160803327.jpg
426 KB, 1653x1023
>>29297794
Nobody should be allowed to drive. We should all try to be like Japan and just take high-speed trains everywhere. Driving is dangerous no matter who you are, traffic accidents are one of the leading causes of death in most first world countries, cars create massive amounts of pollution and smog that keeps the sun from shining in cities, they cost thousands of dollars just in upkeep and insurance payments.

If we spent all the money we spend on cars on building a modern high-speed rail network all across the country we would save lives, save the environment and save money in the long run, but everybody is too obsessed with having their own rolling death cage to care.
>>
>>29298144
Cars also make up a pretty big part of the economy, so tell me again why would someone trade off their Aston Martin for some bullet train?
Not to mention, cars aren't just for simply going from point A to point B, they're also made for luxury, in order to show off status, as well as safety, privacy, and trill.
If you can somehow provide a bullet train with all of these things, then maybe I'll reconsider. But nothing will ever take away how fun it is to drive a luxury car down the highway as you make other people stare at you.
>>
>>29298277
Most people can't afford luxury cars anyway, almost all cars on the street are shitboxes used solely to get from point A to point B, I think the vast majority of people would not experience such a difference taking a nice train.

Obviously some people require them for jobs, construction workers need trucks and tradesmen need vans and such, but most people don't really need a car, they just don't have any other option because our rail network is ancient garbage.
>>
>>29298416
That's true, but again, there's also the need for privacy, and other factors. I feel like it should all come down to a certain level as well, of something based on income.
Like: if you make less than 150k you have to ride the train. Some shit like that.
>>
>>29298144
This. Fuck cars and the normie obsession with them. Train master race. We could even make the trains nice with little cabins if you want privacy.
>>
>>29298144
Niggers are the leading cause of death in most first world countries.
>>
>>29298498
I would be fine with something like that. I don't think we should ban cars altogether, but the world would be better if most people rode trains instead.

I think it would also be better for people who genuinely love cars because the roads would be less clogged with shitboxes, you can go fast on the highway without needing to worry about smashing into a 1995 Plymouth Voyager driving 10mph under the speed limit, roads would essentially be reserved for fast luxury vehicles, and everyone else can ride the trains.
>>
>>29298725
Your car has to be at least worth 50k in order to ride. I mean, honestly, I would hate this, but if it came down to it, I guess it's a good alternative.
Also, there should be a fine if your car is older than a certain time-frame. Like, cars that are from 1998 have to pay a fee weekly of $120 or some shit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.