[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games do robots like/play the most? My favourite now is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (259 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
259 KB, 1280x720
What games do robots like/play the most?

My favourite now is pic related.

I plan to play the Dark Souls 3 when I'm finished and then Ratchet and Clank. In the meantime I play some Hearthstone.

Don't be shy
>>
File: Screenshot (26).png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (26).png
2 MB, 1366x768
I play the Yakuza games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkN9oru-qCQ
>>
Can someone tell me why Japanese mafia is the best mafia?
>>
>>29295083
I don't play anything right now, but the last game I played was Dishonored and I really liked it. Are you guys looking forward to anything in the Steam (or whatever) sale?
>>
>>29295083
been playing rainbow six seige since I just got the starter edition, and some battlefield bc2, and dead by daylight. Can't wait for mafia 3 to come out? What games are you guys looking forward to?
>>
>>29296030
I'm thinking about getting killing floor 2 and maybe oblivion, since I've only played it for a few hours and enjoyed it.
>>
Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars is comfy too I guess. Skyrim for the waifu mods and roleplaying as a married hunter living in a cabin out in the wilderness to make food and gold by selling to merchants. Mods and roleplaying make Skyrim a more plesant experience than default imho
>>
>>29295083
True robots write AI capable of writing AI capable of writing games.
>>
Hi
I like playing Witcher 3 and the DLCs and just started GTA V again, I want to do stockfixing with the Franklin assassination missions to afford everything in the game. I loved Bloodborne and I need to get the DLC for it, next character I do I want to look like Alice Cullen
>>
>>29295083

I don't play games terribly often, but have really been getting in to Witcher 3 recently. Story line is really good, I am tempted to get 1 and 2 as well.

Downloaded Morrowind and Oblivion a while back but haven't got round to playing them yet. Skyrim was good, but when you play other games you realise how limited it was.
>>
>>29296066
Oblivion is good. I don't know if I should get Assassin's Creed 2 or GTA V, or save up for Dishonored 2's collector edition.
>>
>>29296120
Witcher 1 was a lot of fun for me but very very different gameplay style compared to 3. I have not played 2.
>>
>>29296230
ac2 will probably only be like $5 and gta 5 will be like $40
>>
The game i played the most was starcraft 2 WOL and empire earth.
Nowadays i dont play videogames anymore but dark souls/bloodborne are the best design-wise imo
>>
The new Zelda game looks really fun but I probably never buy a Wii U
>>
>>29296257

I have heard that, I am not too fussed about combat so I don't think that would bother me.

Is it fairly easy to get in to story wise or does it take a bit of time?
>>
I enjoyed the new mirrors edge quite a lot.
>>
>>29296287
The story is easy to get into, you will follow it through the tutorial stage before you get let loose. One tip I would say is don't race through the main questline because you will miss out on a lot of the side quests.
>>
>>29296316

Thanks, I am doing as many of the side quests as I can on 3 so would aim to play this in a similar way.
>>
>>29296374
I've never played the witcher 3, is there anything to do besides quests, like is there mini games and stuff?
>>
>>29296382

Yeah they have a card game called Gwent, never really looked at it but lots of people seem to like it.

There are horse races and fist fighting tournaments too, probably other stuff as well. It is bloody massive.
>>
Just tried Blade and soul, but the lvling was damn boring. So I just play Dark souls 3 and overwatch atm
>>
>>29296382
There is a lot of quest variety
Most quests are divided into main story quests, side quests as you find new characters and areas, treasure hunts (for new witcher items for example), witcher contracts (against extra tough monsters), and games of gwent which is the card game.
>>
>>29295083
I play Destiny. PVE and PVP
>>
Is it worth buying dark souls 1 and 2 before playing dark souls 3?
>>
>>29296853
buy ds1 it's the best one.
>>
what hearthstone server are you playing on ?
>>
>>29295083
skyrim but i beat it already and now im sad again
>>
SMT IV for the 3ds. Not an all time favorite but it's very enjoyable to me.
>>
Demon's Souls was the best Souls.

Personally, I mostly play RPGs. Played a lot of Grim Dawn, now I'm playing Skyforge and slowly working on a new metroidvania I recently bought.
>>
>>29296989
I play on EU
>>
>>29297128
same here, whats your battletag
>>
>>29297154
It's FunkyMonk#217289

Feel free to add me
>>
Anyone here still play Pokemon? I fucking love that shit. Really happy with the 3ds. 3rd gen was my favorite and I really enjoyed playing through it remastered.
>>
>>29295083
I haven't felt like playing games for the past few days but I was playing The Witcher 3 and Renowned Explorer:International Society a lot.
>>
>>29297591
Girls like to play pokemon, so hopefully you can find a qt girlfriend to play poke her bum with
>>
>>29295083
Played this, first game in a while. It got boring and the ending made me feel weird, I shouldn't play japanese video games.
>>
>>29297591
>3rd gen was my favorite and I really enjoyed playing through it remastered.

Me too, maybe it's because I grew up with them but I never people who hate the 3rd gen, loved Hoenn.

I'm playing the Deus Ex games at the moment, Mirror's Edge and MGS are some of my favourites.
>>
Video games are degenerate, TCGs are where it's at
>>
>>29295083
Spending most of my time on SF5 right now. The game itself is really fun despite capcom's absolutely legendary PR and generally handling of the game. Maybe I don't eel so ripped off because I only paid 20 bucks for the game.

Really looking forward to getting pokemon SM, kof 14, and persona 5 so far.
>>
File: eldritch thing.jpg (871 KB, 1920x1371) Image search: [Google]
eldritch thing.jpg
871 KB, 1920x1371
>>29295083
I just ordered the GOTY edition Bloodborne yesterday, much excitement. I wanted to play it for a long time, but never got the chance to. I played about an hour of the first Dark Souls and Demon Souls collectively and enjoyed them, but I'm huge into Lovecraft so I have higher interest in Bloodborne.
>>
>>29295083
I'm a filthy casual by 4chan's standards so please take that into consideration before reading any of this.

I've played Animal Crossing: New Leaf almost every day for nearly two years now. Recently I picked up Stardew Valley and have really been enjoying that as well. Getting burnt out on both of them so I decided to emulate Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door. It was the right decision, I'm having a nostalgia-fueled blast.

Games I've also played recently:
>Dragon's Crown
>Risk of Rain
>South Park and the Stick of Truth
>Generations 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 of Pokemon
>Starfox
>Katamari Damacy
>Dark Souls
>1602 AD
>Psychonauts
>Final Fantasy VII

>>29297591
>>29299094
Gen 2 was best.
>>
Minecraft. My PC won't run it anymore since they updated to 1.10 last week so now I'm playing it on my roomie's PS4.
>>
im ng on my bootleg ds3 copy :3
>>
Anyone else sick of all the Nintendo fanboys on /v/?
>>
File: 1460937270767.jpg (57 KB, 654x585) Image search: [Google]
1460937270767.jpg
57 KB, 654x585
>>29295083
DS3 is unfortunately much worse than Bloodborne
>>
>>29299406
They were fucking good in keeping the eldritch shit under wraps too. Everyone thought it would be hurr wurrwolves the whole game untill they got a good chunk into it.
>>
>>29297591
Femanons love shit casual games like pokemon and animal crossing.
>>
File: 1416023071096.png (38 KB, 180x274) Image search: [Google]
1416023071096.png
38 KB, 180x274
>>29299532
I'm a little annoyed that everyone's looking over the fact that the new zelda game is just another bigass empty sandbox game.
I'm still going to get it because the combat looks pretty fun, but holy fuck it's not that impressive.

And I don't care how bad the other presentations were, 2 games is a fucking disgrace, but then again that's usually how E3 goes.
>>
>>29299621
It looks pretty bad graphically to be honest.
>>
>>29295083
Dark Souls 1 will always be the best souls game
>>
>>29299535
I disagree. DS3 has better boss fights and I personally prefer the variety in seetings. >>29299603
Stardew Valley for life. Casual games can be really nice.
>>
>>29299538
The whole thing with insight revealing things early is fucking beautiful too

I remember almost shitting my pants when I ran into that Cthulhu looking motherfucker on the way to the woods
>>
I just got red dead redemption and its the comfiest game ever.
>>
>>29299633
I can't even give it knocks for that because "behind graphically" and nintendo pretty much go hand in hand now.

As a game, it looks pretty standard. I found shit I might find fun, but nothing wow'd me. I remember open world shit getting shit on for being "lazy" and now LoZ does it and it's goty.

A phrase I'm sure you're familiar with, it's okay when nintendo does it.
>>
>>29299650
>better boss fights
What.

>Sif 2.0 of the Boreal Valley
>Gimmick Tree
>Crystal Three Shots and He's Dead
>Abyss "beats itself for you" Watchers
>Yhorm the Gimmick
>Deacons
>Ancient Whyvern

>>>>>>>>>Good

At least BB bosses don't have shitty gimmicks and pose some kind of threat besides Gascoigne and Cleric
>>
>>29299603
Pokemon isn't really casual, if you play it competitively. Battling has a lot of strategy that goes into it.
>>
>>29299731
Bloodborne bosses are shit because they have no middle ground. You either stand no chance or completely stomp them.
>>
>>29299838
How is that even remotely true? 90% of BB bosses are completely fair. I've played that shit 9+ times and outside of Chalices, the only bosses that could be called unfair are Blood Starved Beast (because of constant AoE poison), and Rom (Because it's a kind of weirdly designed fight)

Gascoigne, Cleric and the Witch are shit stomps yes. Vicar Amelia, Shadows of Yharnam, Amygdala, Micolash, Wet Nurse, Gherman, Logarius, all the pre-lower-pthumeru chalice bosses, and all the DLC bosses besides Orphan are completely fair and not at all fitting into your shitty categories
>>
>>29299939
You misunderstand. Im not talking about categories. Im talking about the bosses in general. Vicar amelia is the best example, you either stunlock her from start to finish, or the fight turns into a huge shitshow that lasts forever. Aggresive playstyle is too rewaded.
>>
>>29299769
I don't deny competitive pokemon is fun, but do you really think any of them get into that?
>>
>>29299996
As opposed to Souls where defensive playstyles are more rewarded?

They're different games. Yes there are similarities, but the focus and gameplay is different for a reason, and I happen to prefer BB's fast, aggressive gameplay.
>>
>>29299996
>Aggresive playstyle is too rewaded.
I personally love that, souls is too damn tedious for me. I just don't have fun playing it and it's not even the dying. It's the fighting itself.
>>
>>29299662
How up-front is the story? Is it as subtle as in the Dark Souls games? (having to go out of your way to discover elements of the story etc)

I want a bit of story in it, I'm pretty much going in 90% blind, I've only seen a bit of gameplay.
>>
File: 20160604153354_1.jpg (139 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
20160604153354_1.jpg
139 KB, 1440x900
>>29299603
>Femanons love shit casual games like pokemon and animal crossing.
Well memed sir.

Don't know, Witcher 3 left a huge hole. Right now I'm playing Civ V from time to time(AI is kicking my ass), I'll play a bit of Skyrim cause, you know, E3 n' shit, want to finish my last playtrough of FO New Vegas, I'm playing Mad Max (bretty good, I expected worse) and I want to finish the Metro 2033 games too, but they feel too fucking difficult for me.
>>
>>29300194
Examine all the notes left in plain sight in your path that have the sparkle on them, and a large amount of the story is immediately obvious

There are some Dark Souls type item description lore tidbits, but a decent chunk is tossed out for to check out along the way
>>
>>29300194
>>29300311
I also should mention that most of the story relevant item descriptions are on the loading screens anyway
>>
>>29300327
T-thank you, based anon. I've found it hard to find joy in games for years, but now I'm actually excited for this shit.
>>
>>29300212
Are you a grill gamer?

Can you go on twitch and do cute stuff? I'll give you attention for 15 minutes or so.
>>
>>29300407
Have fun, take your time, enjoy, and remember

The Byrgenwerth Spider hides all manner of rituals
>>
File: 1425171090897.jpg (33 KB, 480x349) Image search: [Google]
1425171090897.jpg
33 KB, 480x349
>>29300212
Really want that (You), huh?
>>
>>29300408
I don't have a camera.
I've never even visited twitch.
I don't know how to act cute.
But is ok, that (You) was enough to make my day, thank you anon.

Also Skyrim a shit, I get 110 fps when in cities or buildings and ~45 when I'm out in the wilds.
>>
>>29300508
How do you handle switching between windows to schlick while you're in game?
>>
>>29300452
Why do you say that? I think vidya is the only thing left in my life
>>29300542
The hell are you talking about?
>>
>>29295083
Bloodborne ruined a lot of video games for me. Only because the gameplay is perfect.

I finished it, then bought and finished dark souls 3. Gonna pick up the first souls pretty soon I suppose.

Oddly enough I was maybe halfway through the witcher 3 before I started BB, and now I just can't for the life of me get myself to play witcher again. It just feels to clunky to even be remotely engaging.

Other than that, battlefield4 has been my go-to online game for maybe 8-9 months now, and that hasn't really changed so....
>>
>>29300600
If you need to pleasure yourself but you're playing a game, do you alt-tab out?
>>
>>29300709
You play on ps4 or pc?
>>
I got GTA5 again today and I don't understand why people actually like it
>>
Quake Live

Before also Warcraft 3 TFT
>>
>>29295083
Holy shit I thought I was the only one who played it this week
>>
>>29299476
>Risk of rain
my nigglet
>>
>>29295083
everyone collectively moved on from games at 21. I still play something from time to time and so does everyone else but we dont care enough to talk about them irl nor online
>>
File: triggered.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>29295083

>tfw you'll never play BB for the first time ever again blind

>when you beat Rom and see the real Eldritch truth

Fell in love with it then
>>
>>29300896
I don't pleasure myself while playing.
Y-you do?>>29302299
>Warcraft 3 TFT
My childhood, mate.
>>
>>29297591
Yep and I'm 22
>>
Any other robots play Overwatch?
>>
>>29303554
I've played an hour or two, it's fun but doesn't seem very balanced yet.
>>
>>29295083
DARK SOULS 3 ROBOTS WW@
SUM1 FITE ME

LEAVE STEAM IGN HERE
>>
Mario Maker is pretty great
>>
>>29295083
what is it about dark souls and bloodborne that attracts neets?

I swear everyone I play on those games with a really nice too, I don't get that angry angry basement dweller vibe from them
>>
>>29295083
I really want to play BB too, but I'm waiting until it drops to like $10.
It's pretty weird that DS2 is cheaper when it came out much later.
>>
>>29304818
wut? DS2 came out like a year before
>>
I've kind of gotten away from videogames but I am highly anticipating the release of Mass Effect Andromeda next March
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.