[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup robots, just getting into Japanese cartoons. Can you help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: Fantasia Painting(7)(11).jpg (80 KB, 497x431) Image search: [Google]
Fantasia Painting(7)(11).jpg
80 KB, 497x431
Sup robots, just getting into Japanese cartoons. Can you help lead me into some good shows? I want a show with cute girl, funny and with a interesting plot
>>
>I want a show with cute girl, funny and with a interesting plot

Try kill la kill. I personally didn't like it too much but that matches your criteria.
>>
>>29294497
I would say to go to /a/, but even they will hate you.
>>
>>29294528
For an anime board, they have awful fucking taste
>>
>>29294501
Okay, thanks anon. I assume subbed is the way to watch? Is subbed always the superior option?
>>
>>29294528
That was my original intention but i didn't want to get laughed off the board, figured my robobros could help
>>
>>29294567
I really want this answered
>>
>>29294611
Final bump before letting the thread die. Thank you anons
>>
>>29294567
>>29294611
>>29294685

Subbed is the usual choice yeah. The only anime I've ever seen where english dub was better is DBZ.
>>
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Re:Cutie Honey
FLCL
Now fuck off
>>
I don't know, go watch gits and ttgl, kind of enjoyed it back in the days
But it's just the tip of a fedora, op, real enlightenment lays in slice of life and absurd shows like milky holmes
Sometimes you'll understand why
>>
Death Note works. Cute submissive girl, constant stupid jokes from side characters.
>>
>>29294771
Care to let me in on youre enlightenment with a couple good slice shows?
>>
Clannad and then Clannad After Story. Bring tissues.
>>
Go watch some JoJo and you'll stop craving cute little girls and want some big, hunky STAND USER.
>>
>>29294817
Nnb, hidamari
>>
File: CC.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CC.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
Try Code Geass
>>
>>29294850
dont worry senpai, ive always got tissues on hand
>>
>>29294540
Only on the surface. Like any board, you have to hang around a while to see the 1% of threads that aren't shit.
>>
File: Iczer-1.jpg (1 MB, 1374x1745) Image search: [Google]
Iczer-1.jpg
1 MB, 1374x1745
>>29294497
>I want a show with cute girl, funny and with a interesting plot

That describes Iczer-1 perfectly.
>>
>>29295730
is it about a borderline-haver chinese chick who pretends that her account is being run by multiple people so she's not crazy
>>
File: Sepia.jpg (1 MB, 1379x1747) Image search: [Google]
Sepia.jpg
1 MB, 1379x1747
>>29295778

It's a 3-part OVA about cute girls in high school. It's a lot of fun and very cute.
>>
File: Cobalt.jpg (798 KB, 1200x1518) Image search: [Google]
Cobalt.jpg
798 KB, 1200x1518
>>29295968

Cobalt best girl.
>>
>>29294497
Boku no pico

Comment of origin Malaysian moot.
>>
/r9k/ has pretty entry-level taste. It's worth watching if you have no idea what you like, but you'll be limiting yourself if you don't do your own research beyond the first 40ish shows. The best advice I can give you is start with an entry level of each genre, and then delve deep into whichever genre you like most.

Adventure: Spice and wolf
Sci-fi: Steins Gate
Slice of Life: Minami-ke
Iyashikei Slice of Life (very different): Non non biyori
Mecha: Code Geass
Romance (Josei): Nodame Cantabile
Romance (Seinen): Ef a tale of memories
Romances for shoujo/shounen are usually shit, but Toradora is pretty popular. I'd put it more along the lines of a comedy though.
Comedy: This one is up to how much japanese comedy gets you. Arakawa under the bridge is great if you love japanese comedy.
Drama: Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

These are all entry-level as well, but it gives you a good base.

Some other classics that you may want to watch would be Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, TTGL, Evangelion, and Madoka.
>>
Neon genesis evangelion. Most interesting take on the whole mecha-stuff i think. Also knights of sidonia
>>
>>29296309
>Slice Of Life

SITCOM

IT JUST MEANS SITCOM YOU PIECE OF SHIT
>>
File: 1464677334620.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464677334620.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
>>29294497
Just do the stupid fucking hamster show
>>
>>29296344
Are you the same type of person who gets triggered when people refer to a Mexican cheese dip as queso?

Different cultures and different ways of referring to things. They may amount to a similar product, but the different names allow us to distinguish the cultural differences between the two.

If that explanation doesn't work for you, then sitcom generally refers to a non-animated series. Take your pick.
>>
How to Become a Weeaboo
>1
Watch some Americanime (Teen Titans, Samurai Jack, Avatar)
>2
Watch something that seems American in concept (Afro Samurai, Dead Man Wonderland)
3>
Something That is funny, and getting a little strange (Prison School, One Punch Man, Himoto Umaro-chan)
4> Play a dating sim (Hunie Pop, Katawa Shojo, Panzermadels)
5> Watch serious anime as comedy (Boko no Pico, High School DxD, any eechi)
6> Long full anime (JoJo's, Hunter X Hunter, One Piece)
7> Browse kissanime.com and click on anything. You know enjoy it.
>>
>>29296309
>Sci-fi: Steins Gate
that doesn't seem right
>>
>>29296483
That's all about the entry level.
After that you pump up your steam profile with nekopara bg and anime AV, then you watch your first 100-200 titles and argue about them, still being le nerdy weeb guy, but then all of a sudden you pass 100+ days mark and 500+ titles, stop all discussions and silently re-watch k-on
That's how it is
>>
the last episode of School Days
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.