[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like dubstep, drumstep , big room house, dark electro, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8
File: 1462458523972.jpg (88 KB, 800x838) Image search: [Google]
1462458523972.jpg
88 KB, 800x838
I like dubstep, drumstep , big room house, dark electro, and metalstep.
Am I a normalfag?
I feel like Im the only person in my city who listens to these genres, everybody else only listens to top 100.
>>
>>29294137
>everybody else only listens to top 100
How do you know? Recently I found out that my ultra-normie big sister only ever listens to orchestral Touhou theme fan arranges. She's listened to 2hus exclusively since the year 2000.

I don't think music taste has much to do with normieness. If anything, the people who list music as their hobby are always Chads and Stacies.
>>
>>29294137
What in the fuck are these.
>>
>>29294137

Yes, you are a normalfag.

Every single man and every single women in your generation thinks they are so alternative and so unique for the obscure music they like.
You are not special at all. You are the opposite of special i.e. normal
>>
>tfw normies ruined dnb with dubstep
>>
>>29294137
No obviously,just because you listen to the same music as some normalfags, this doesn't mean you're one.There are more factors to be taken into consideration when you decide whether someone is a normalfag or not.Especially when it comes to music taste, for example I listen to a lot of normie songs to be honest, but I also listen to death metal, classical music and vocaloids.
>>
I don't have a single fucking clue about music genres and after looking up bands and musicians I like I can't be assed to learn.
>this band's genres are: rock, punk, disco, swiggity-swooty electric boogaloo
Like fuck it.
>>
All that shit you listed was just different made up synthetic music genres, IE all shit and none are even real music.
>>
>>29294904
Still sounds better for me than jazz or rock.
also
the music I like has
>beat
>melody, a lot of it quite complex
that qualifies as music.
>>
>>29294368
Is your sister cute?
oreganoelle
>>
I've been listening to Above&Beyond for over 10 years now. I've been listening to Gareth Emery for 8. Chicane for 7.

Never once have I met a person in real life who has even heard of these artists, much less listened to them. I have met well over 10 people on the internet who listen to them, but it would appear their entire fan base is in Europe.

As a quote from a movie I watched recently,

"We always dance alone. That is why we listen to electronic music.
>>
If the genre of music you listen to ends in "wave" or "step" you should probably kill yourself.
>>
Why is Pepe in the normalfag column? Do you not understand the meme?
>>
>>29295067
>he's not into wavestep
>>
File: 4-chan-dnb.png (1024 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
4-chan-dnb.png
1024 KB, 1152x864
>>29294137

drum and bass and all of its derivatives is normalfag music.

Niggerbass/niggerhouse/niggeranything makes me want to stab my ears though.

Either female or mixed vocals only.
>>
>>29294137
DnB / Neurofunk fag here, its rare to find anything where I'm from even on 4chan. Go to London or Germany and its in nightclubs everywhere.

>>29294655
Imo its making a comeback, slowly. Been a few solid releases the past couple years
>>
I practically only listen to glitch, glitch hop, rap, hardcore rap and gangsta rap.
>>
>All those stupid sounding special snowflake genres

Kill yourself.
>>
>>29295044
god tier taste anon, though I never heard of Chicane
>>
I want jungle to come back. :(
>>
>>29294461
>he's never watched a gaming montage

Lel fuck outta here norman

Also google music map if you guys are interested in finding new music.
>>
>>29295355
Why dont you faggot go listen to your Justin bibber top of the pops lmao end yourself
>>
>>29295044
CONJURE ONE FTW SENPAI
>>
>>29295314
>LIQUID DNB FTW
>>
>>29294137
I listen to uplifting/progressive trance, iktfb
>>
>>29294137
Those aren't genres. You can literally produce an acclaimed masterpiece in those after a week of 'practice'.

>>29294888
This though. I stopped classifying my music by genre at all. Ultimately, there is but one vehicle of music and that is pitch over time.

>>29294995
Every genre that mentions the word 'beat' is emetic.
>>
File: 1465331221220.jpg (27 KB, 489x499) Image search: [Google]
1465331221220.jpg
27 KB, 489x499
>tfw normies havent ruined speedcore and noise
Im still safe guys, still safe.
>>
>>29296062
I personally prefer Lolicore/Breakcore/Ambient/Mashcore, but Noise is sometimes pretty nice.
>>
File: trancespeed.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
trancespeed.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>>29294137
Trancefags robots, where you at?
>tfw melancholic
>tfw INFP
>love melodic and sad tracks
Literally perfect subgenre of electronic music. Thank God whoever invented that shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o8X0n4ODEA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEYueRVuqmg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MnFoApH8mw
>>
>>29295360
>he doesn't know Chicane's Saltwater track
literally, what the fuck. 10 minutes of pure godness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET1-6Bef9xU
>>
>>29296243
I could literally just sample ten random ten seconds long slices, loop them for ten minutes, and get the same song.

I detest it when people have the nerve to sell repetition.
>>
>>29296348
*from that song
>>
>>29296348
>I could
But you won't.
>Loop same sounds for X minutes
That's the reason it is called trance/ambient/chillout. It has to have repetitive sounds.
>>
>>29294137
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHRSWn1eNqE

>asdf
>>
>>29294137
Oh fuck off normie every fucking chad normalfag I know listens to all these kinds of sub-genres and goes to these parties and clubs where they take MDMA and X and fuck the equally normie stacey whores. Your kind of music is the most normie kind next to top 100s, stop trying to be a special snowflake faggot.
>>
>>29294137
>I like dubstep
No you don't, you like Brostep.

>>29295314
This is likely to remain the best Neurofunk LP for the next few years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msFss_GjZZo

>>29295567
Same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO2T5dLtjNc
>>
>>29296387
>But you won't.

Because I have better things to do than to look up parametres of music slicing and joining CLI software.

>It has to have repetitive sounds.

I understand, but delivering it as a fat fucking binary blob rather than a MIDI generation algorithm that would take a couple of kilobytes tops is redundant and an egregious waste of Internet infrastructure.
>>
>>29296554
Your post trashes internet more, since nobody will find it useful, while tracks that were made are listened by millions.
>>
>>29296531
how the fuck is this brostep?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbMoJGGlDeI
Unfortunately I have trouble findinng other good subbass pieces, all I see is shitty skrillex wannabe crap.

Neurofunk is unfortunately too repetitive for me,.
>>
>>29297037
I am not referring to utility of pieces of information, but to the redundancy of saying 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa' vs saying 'a times 3 to 4'.
>>
>>29295987
Go ahead, produce a good dubstep piece in a week then.

Thats like saying you could learn to noodle in a week
>>
>>29297107
>produce a good dubstep piece in a week then

I don't need to because thousands of makers of it have done it before me.
>>
>>29295080
pepe is a normie meme now
Were have you been for the last 2 years?
>>
>>29294781
All normies I know listen to jazz, rock, 80s metal, country or classical at most.
These shit festivals dont are house and trance, not dubstep and its derivatives.
When will you dumbasses realize electronic music doesnt consist of only tommorowland and skrillex?
>>
>>29296181
Do you seriously consider this sad? Sounds like something they would put on the radio
>>
File: cover.jpg (749 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
749 KB, 1000x1000
>>29294137
>metalstep
Fuck off you faggot. All those genres are stupid shit people who play vidya listen to by liking up 5 hour mixes on YouTube.
>>
>>29297201
There no metalstep mixes with such length. the genre is too obscure. I like it better compared to metal because it tends to be darker and still have some melody.
>>
File: 1401165212467.jpg (49 KB, 450x290) Image search: [Google]
1401165212467.jpg
49 KB, 450x290
Who H A R D S T Y L E here?
Oh and progressive psytrance because there's so much of it for free. Fuck nustyle though.
>>
goa trance for that mmo grind motivation
>>
>>29297201
I love leviathan, nice taste
>>
>>29297188
>Do you seriously consider this sad?
Not really. But trance in general has very "light" and "free" melody, making it suitable for melancholic people (atleast for me). Basically it is made to free your soul and get waves of feels/feelings. I always relate these tracks with me being with some female and being together, living in peace. And of course they'd put it on radio. Why they wouldn't? How else it'll get popularized?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFknru0KBFA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-BdrQjfomA <- Original Mix of this track is so fucking rare, couldn't find vinyl or WAV audio files to buy and then convert it to FLAC. Neither did I find on the internet. Shame have no What.CD account, though it's very strict service there, so sticking with RuTracker right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC5ca6Hsb2Q
>>
>>29294137
>metalstep

Is this what autism sounds like?
>>
>>29294137
Psy/goa trancer here.
We're about as anti Normie as it gets. You want to see a bunch of dirty hippies flailing about for 12+ hours come to a psy party. You gotta be okay with drugs though. Lots of very autistic people in the scene, and everyone is very kind to each other. It's a great community.
>>
>>29297285
>Who H A R D S T Y L E here?
Nah, too agressive.
>>
>>29297378
Yes, better than pop, rock, classical, or any normieshit genre out there.
>>
>>29295067
>not liking vaporwave
>>
>>29297525
It's Saint Pepsi, bitch!
>>
>>29294137
I used to listen to all of those things when I was 14 cause I thought it was cool. And it was before skrillex came and blew up the EDM scene into the heap it was today.

Then I moved onto this kind of shit.
Anyone know more good cloud rap like this with chill af instrumental? I've exhausted teamsesh and spooky black desu. No one does it like sesh imo.
>>
>>29297504
I'd say it falls under the pop umbrella. Honestly, I don't know why I poked fun at you - I listen to much more questionable stuff. Each to their own I guess.
>>
File: why.jpg (27 KB, 586x330) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
27 KB, 586x330
>even r9k is full of these degenerates listening to absolute garbage-tier electronic musak

nuclear holocaust when
>>
>>29297525
How is it that almost no vaporwave is better than Eccojams? It's a mark of a dead genre that the album that spawned it all is also the best.
>>
>>29297596
Vaporwave is pretty broad dude
Regardless I always liked the art better than the music. I like the MACROSS 88-92 style shit better tho.
>>
>>29297556
rip forgot the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8z_1Iks2pk

man I am high
>>
>>29297621
That re-sampled funk stuff is decent, but I'd not describe it as vaporwave aside from sharing the same visual aesthetic.

Splitting hairs over what genre something is or is not is so retarded and I always get drawn into it.
>>
>>29297571
Electronic music simply has the highest potential for artistic expression. If Mozart and Handel lived today, they would make electronic music.
>>
I think my favorite so far is sweepstep.
>>
Yeah the electronic scene was ruined by normies.

Trap and dubstep are horrors.
>>
>>29297571
>Judging others taste
He calls himself an intelligent person.
>>
>>29294137
>Muh special snowflake
Literally everyone under 30 listens to these genres at some point. Fuck off.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.