[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEET life is overrated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
File: 1455762400143.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1455762400143.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
Who here fell for the NEET meme?

>next to total social isolation
>gradually lose social skills, self-esteem and confidence
>no money, have to survive on what your parents have
>next to no chance of ever moving out alone because you haven't been saving up any money or experience from jobs
>parents gradually starting to hate you and your lifestyle
>depression starting to kick in after a while
>every day after you become self-aware becomes pure pain

I was actually looking forward to the NEET lifestyle several times back in the past, but now that I'm one year into it, I want to quit. It's just pure suffering.

No friends, no money, no real social contact, no will to even go outside, no chance to get a job due to a huge NEET-induced crater in my CV, losing skills that I had in the past, formerly fun activities either start becoming a chore or are just not enjoyable at all, suicidal thoughts that intensify every day, little hope to recover.

Fuck. And even worse, I'm stuck living in fucking SOUTHERN EUROPE of all places, that is, I have to deal with a national 20% unemployment rate. I can't even get a job if I wanted to since I never bothered pursuing a career due to the NEET meme, and even if I did get one, it would pay me 700 yurobucks at most which would likely not be enough to start living on my own.

This is the harsh truth about NEETdom: fun and interesting early on, but then you suffer.
>>
>falling for memes ever

you deserve this desu

posting from work btw :3
>>
>>29293853
Jesus Christ. I didn't know anyone could possibly fall for the neet meme on r9k. People here are autistic and depressed. You thought you could find happiness and self satisfaction by emulating them?
>>
>>29293892
I fell for the NEET meme before I started to post on /r9k/ regularly.
>>
>>29293853
>I'm one year into it
One year?

Just wait until you've spent seven years almost completely isolated.
>>
>>29293917
Chances are that people who have been NEETs for +5 years never really were self-aware about their pathetic situation. I became self-aware about a couple of months now, there's basically no hope left.
>>
>>29293917
Hi Nux

Also
>1 Year
Get fucked normie, I'm 3 years into NEETdom isolation
>>
It depends on how you spend your time as a NEET. If you spend your entire existence jerking off yeah you're going to go mad. Just read a book or take a walk.

t. 3 year NEET

Also
>Social interaction
>>
And it's dumb to be a NEET in SE unless you can get disabilitybux. Where my NE NEETS at?
>>
>>29293900
Really? So you decided to become a neet before saying to yourself "wow, I wonder how all the meets are doing right now?" And checking on this board?
Were you summerfagging on /b/ beforehand too?
>>
File: i-didnt-go-to-work-today.jpg (69 KB, 450x578) Image search: [Google]
i-didnt-go-to-work-today.jpg
69 KB, 450x578
NEETdom is the best thing that happened to me.
i'm 38, worked maybe 3 months in my whole life, which was enough to make me hate wageslavery too much to go back to.

Now i get 1000$ for faked schizophrenia, plus subsidized housing in the glorious communist Canada.
yeah i'm bragging alright, but man, this is the closes to "freedom" a typical guy like you and me will get on this rotten earth.

life's good.
>>
>>29293994
>>29293917
I've been a NEET for 9 years and I still had a fair amount of social interaction, I developed a lot of skills, read up on a myriad of different topics, picked up music production, released album, did live shows (but then decide not to follow-up on any record deals because I have some severe anxiety/people are full of shit/short fuse issues).

Being NEET has allowed me to do so much shit and learn so much. I struggle to understand people who become absolutely aimless if they don't have a boss telling them what to do.
>>
>>29294092
when did u start producing and what's your album
>>
>>29294092
they were brought up to be dumb hivemind drones, what did you expect?
>>
>>29294110
Not going to share it here desu. But thank you for your interest.
>>
>>29294052
would this work in america? I actually have schizophrenia and can't go outside but i get bitched at for not having a job
>>
>>29294115
Dude, I sometimes get a spooky sensation that it isn't even about how they were brought up. It's like they're hard wired to wagecuck.
>>
>>29294136
How would it work in America? You don't even have welfare/national health insurance lmao.
>>
>>29294092
>I struggle to understand people who become absolutely aimless if they don't have a boss telling them what to do.
It's not that, I just have horrible anxiety and was never able to develop social skills as a child/adolescent.

I do read quite a bit.
>>
>>29294092
This. If you can't fucking function without a boss telling you what to do its better to be a wageslave.
>>
>>29293853
Trust fund neet here. The neet life is incredible as long as you aren't a normie who cares about social interaction and actually have the money to afford the life style. I get to cook five star meals, lift weights, play games and watch anime all day every day. Feelsgoodman
>>
File: 1456478002509.gif (2 MB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
1456478002509.gif
2 MB, 256x144
>>29293853
every time every day all the time
>>
>>29293917
One year is not too late to turn back; get a crappy job even if you can't leave your family home, it will help build you into the right mindset, then you can use that experience to get something better.
>>
>>29294158
Uhhh, I also have anxiety issues my friend. But being NEET has never stopped me from addressing those and slowly getting used to socializing. If anything, the extra spare time has enabled me to freely interact with other people whenever I'm feeling confident and it has resulted in lessened social anxiety. I'm pretty confident around people nowadays thanks to NEETdom, it's just that I kinda find most people disgusting and ultimately realized that I had no realistic need to interact with people just for the sake of it, seen as the result of those interactions were mostly anger and negative opinions about these people.

It still stands that you worry too much and too much of a deal out of socializing, you have a lot of spare time so pick up a productive hobby or an outdoorsy hobby and go meet like-minded people.
>>
File: 1465725912659.gif (897 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
1465725912659.gif
897 KB, 800x430
>>29293853
>he fell for the NEET meme
>not even the "KEKADOODLE DOO" threads help him
>>
File: 1445696357983.jpg (134 KB, 895x895) Image search: [Google]
1445696357983.jpg
134 KB, 895x895
>>29293853
>wanting friends
>wanting much money
>wanting real social contact
>wanting to go outside

GET OUT YOU FAILED NORMIE
>>
when did robots become so mean? this used to be my favorite subchan
>>
>no laptop or PC
>no gaming consoles
>no friends at all
>all I have is a tablet and a phone
>all I do is browse 4chan and work out
>My existence means next to nothing even compared to the majority of people on this board
>>
>>29293853
NEET life is fucking great, my man

You're not doing it right
>>
>>29294118
FAAAGOOOT LIER
>>
>>29294365
This basically.
NEETdom is great but only if you have certain luxuries already; like a decent computer, a separate income, a library or various other amenities. If you are actually living barebones, with just enough money to keep you alive and no backups then it sucks.
>>
>NEET life in northern europe
>comfy free flat to play mmorpgs in
>meet mmorpg girl
>she moves in
>naked 24/7
>watching cartoons
>playing video games
>fucking like rabbits
>guzzling beer and laughing our asses off at shitty hentai OVAs late at night
>opening up about painful memories, comforting each other in the warmth and safety of home
>intricate and exciting plans over how to get food and supplies without going out or stepping into the daylight

I'm living the dream.
>>
>>29294555
Yes, if I just had a pc to play video games on and a few friends I probably wouldn't be such a suicidal faggot.
>>
>>29294626
jesus this sounds so fucking sad
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29293853
This isn't true for me. I've been NEET for years. The "fun and interesting" phase goes on and on, but there's neither crashing nor burning in sight.
>>
>>29294770
How come? What is it that I'm lacking from my perfect life? Protip: it isn't the sunlight, we've got a balcony and shit.
>>
File: 1455368011377.jpg (150 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1455368011377.jpg
150 KB, 900x900
FUCK THIS DEPRESSING NEET LIFE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29293853

>be me, 48, NEET, single, fat, savings under $3k
>living in countryside with parents because they need my help
>(I'm the only one able to drive a car, to walk more than 500m, to fix house stuff, and so on)
>no buses/trains, barely working 3G wireless internet, roads flooded everytime it rains
>shitty place pestered by niggers, immigrants, burglars, fraudsters
>can't take a job far from home
>local jobs are ridicolously sucking: 20+ years in IT and I only got offered some 900 eurobucks/month

TL;DR: I'm trapped in my home until my parents live - and then I'll be a free old geezer NEET with an old house, an old car, and without a job and without any income.
>>
>>29294967
You moved back into your parents' house, Andrew Nellis?
>>
>>29293853
>living in southern europe
>gets 700 euro for entry level job
Where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>29294365
This is me, but I don't work out.
>>
>>29294017
>Where my NE NEETS at?
Reporting in. Im on 1500 eurobux a month. Got my own place, car, and gayming pc, life's good.
>>
>>29295066

southern Italy, Greece, ex-Jugoslavia... a good engineer can get up to 1300-1500 eurobucks/month in a 6-12 month contract.

Italian parliament deputies get between 5k to 14k per month, plus a wide number of benefits.

Italian grand-commis (regional wealth agencies directors, and such) get 200 to 300k/year.

Italian Republic President wage costs more than the entire English Queen staff.

>TL-DR Italy is doomed because STEM jobs are exaggerately underpaid, and politician wages are exaggerately overpaid - expect a massive shock/crack between 2017 and 2019
>>
>>29293853
I don't even give a fuck about the social bullshit. I just want money, man.
>>
>>29295143

How do EuroNEETs get bux? Is it disability-based or does the government just believe in NEETs too much?

In America you often can't get bux even if you're physically disabled.
>>
>>29295253
I'm interested in this as well. What is the common procedure to obtain the neetbux in EUROPE?
>>
>>29295253
Here in NL you can get bux for practically anything lad. I got it for "anxiety" and "autism" but you can also get it for not having a job (job seekers allowance I guess).
>>
>>29295303
Who do you go to to get this kind of stuff? Social Security? Man, I feel like the information I find on-line is horribly confusing.
>>
>>29294136
You should be eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Security_Disability_Insurance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supplemental_Security_Income

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/getting-disability-benefits-schizophrenia.html

To be eligible for Social Security Disability (SSD) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits for schizophrenia, you will need to show that you have been diagnosed with this disorder and that you have been unable to work for 12 months or more. In addition, you must either meet the requirements of the SSA's listing for schizophrenia or qualify for benefits because of reduced functional capacity.

https://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/12.00-MentalDisorders-Adult.htm

12.03 Schizophrenic, paranoid and other psychotic disorders

Good luck.
>>
>>29295215
You didnt answer my question, at all.
>>
You will forget this feel within an hour.
>>
This is anti-neet propaganda

I'm neet 10 years and life is fucking awesome
>>
>>29293853
New NEET here. Was a professional artist. Travelled around the world. Now I want to just live a quiet life reading, writing, creating things I have a passion for. No stress and lots of toys. No need to wageslave. I have escaped the rat race.
>>
File: 1316483887728.jpg (29 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1316483887728.jpg
29 KB, 612x612
OP, when your parents die, what will you do?

Do you have any anxiety about that?

You know the life ahead of you is going to be completely shit, right? There is no good end game for you.
>>
File: pepe trump 23.png (225 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
pepe trump 23.png
225 KB, 800x800
>>29293853
come to the land of the free my friend. Things may get way better
>>
ive been neeting for 5 years now dude

honestly i can say that my life is MUCH MUCH better not working. but then again its different for everyone.

like if ur a normie and ur social and uve gotten laid and all that shit and u start to neet, then yeah maybe ull be depressed or whatever, but for me i always hated other people, always couldnt keep a stable sleep scheduel, always just dreamt of being alone and being on the computer the whole day

well i got my wish and it was legit wonderful. i could never keep a job for longer than 3 months, either fired or quit, and i dropped out of hs at 16 because i was failing everything

for me neeting was a legit god blessing. if i wasnt neeting id be jumping from shit minimum wage job to another and probably homeless a lot

i mean ive lived in homeless shelters a lot on and off since i was like 16 tho, up until i turned 20 and got on bux and ive been like that ever since

i mean id probs be more depressed if i was working because id be much more stressed and hate my life even more than i already do. atleast i get to unwind all day and mindlessly browse/talk to myself

and i have no problem having no social contacts because im basically a schizoid and i hate knowing anyone and hate socializing and just want to be left alone
>>
>>29293853

I was a neet and started feeling this way, too. I got a job, thinking "hey maybe it'll change my worldview or something". It did for a while, I felt happier; now I feel the same as I did when I was neet, except I'm restless all the time and I hate staying in my room all day. But I hate work, too.

The world wasn't meant for people like us, senpai.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.