[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
strange goals and aspirations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 14
File: 1463952092684.jpg (42 KB, 499x501) Image search: [Google]
1463952092684.jpg
42 KB, 499x501
there are people on this board who's sole goal in life is to be a NEET or a wage slave, but how many others on here have different aspirations?
Me? I wish to explore the world, get strong, fight people, and survive the harshness of the wilderness.
It will probably never happen, but it's something that has been on my mind for years.
I just wanna travel, getting occasional odd jobs while also explore forests, caves, cities, etc. as well as get strong and fight/kill people who get in my way.
>>
I just wanna be a gohst.
>>
Not many dreams left for a broken man like me. But someday in the future maybe VR will give me the sister gf I've always wanted.
>>
bumparooni the comment is origiloono
>>
>>29293956
Instead of just bumping your own thread, you could reply to the people who already responded.
>>
>>29292161
i honestly wanna just travel the world and fuck bitches from every country while also becoming a mercenary fighter for some kind of european heritage preservation movement.

there isn't really much else to do besides get pussy, do drugs, and travel. everything else is a surrogate activity.
>>
File: 1464215521762.jpg (48 KB, 520x346) Image search: [Google]
1464215521762.jpg
48 KB, 520x346
>>29292161
I want to build an empire with such determination as the Third German Reich.
>>
>>29292161
>Me? I wish to explore the world, get strong, fight people, and survive the harshness of the wilderness.
thats not a goal moron thats a desire
>>
File: daisy prays.jpg (181 KB, 463x698) Image search: [Google]
daisy prays.jpg
181 KB, 463x698
>>29292484
>sister gf
Very good taste friend. I hope it comes true. I dream of a sister wife who I will make babies with one day. I know it cannot be true in reality, but we can dream.
>>
My goal is pretty simple.
I want to make shit.
I'm planning to Frankenstein myself a handheld out of old broken handhelds in my loft.
I'm getting into electronics so I can learn to make weird prototypes and wearable tech.
>>
File: 1465461339468.jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1465461339468.jpg
6 KB, 240x240
I want to dedicate my life to learning shit. I've been thinking about how much I like learning shit.

I want to
>git gud at drawing
>learn french
>learn japanese
>learn how to cook and bake tasty stuff
>learn how to play the piano
>make my own music using my computer
>build statues and shit with cardboard
>reach my fitness goals
>play the video games I've been missing out on for being a poorfag
>become a nurse
>draw comics
>get better at 3D modelling and animation

There's other stuff I'm forgetting but I want to do all this learning on my own except for the nurse thing. No teachers or classes.

I want to do so fucking much and I don't know if I'll ever achieve aquiring all this knowledge
>>
>>29294168
good shit anon don't give up
>>
>>29294168
Anon. I like you.
We have similar aspirations. Don't ever stop trying to learn new stuff.
It's hard to commit and actually be good at stuff, but learning even the basics can be handy.
It makes it easy to flabbergast Normie's in conversations. Overwhelm them with random info and it makes them think you are a genius. It's quite funny to do actually.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>29294178
Thanks anon.

I'm currenty tackling drawing, french and fitness. I wish I could do the cooking part at the same time but I can't afford it.
>>
>>29294208
Thanks for the encouragement.

There's really something amazing about cultivating yourself and having thirst for knowledge.

Can I ask you about your pursuits?
>>
>>29292161
Well I woke up early today so my goal right now is to wait until the store opens and make myself a ton of fries and eggs since yesterday I didn't have dinner and I'm mad crying fried food
After that my aspirations is to play some team fortress and when I'm done I have to clean wich is a shitty goal and trim some errands but later on I get to fulfill my day long aspirations of a nap
>>
>>29294314
Me? At the moment I'm playing videogames on my new PC I finally saved up for.
But outside of that, I'm really into console/hardware/software hacking. I like to try to make my devices reach their full potential.
I've been fiddling around with Raspberry Pis and arduino's lately. I aim to build things like handhelds, robots, interactive electronics. Maybe I'll try circuit bending old broken shit too.
I want to learn to draw. My dad used to be really good at art so I think I have the potential there. (We're both left handed and similar in personality)
I want to write fiction, make videogames. I want to do something that will entertain people. Maybe teach them too.
I tutor part-time as well. Read Business and programming books on the side as well.
If I had the money and time I would be doing much shit right now.
>>
>>29294425
What programing language are you learning?
>>
File: UVKvlUD.jpg (51 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
UVKvlUD.jpg
51 KB, 460x460
>>29294425
Fuck that sounds fun.

I find all those things interesting but I don't have what it takes to learn it on my own.

I want to make video games too but after 2 months of religiously trying to learn how to code I didn't understand anything.

I think I'm built for arts and crafts but I still haven't given up on vidya. Maybe I'll use RPG maker to make a VN or something but that won't feel like enough to me.

Keep working on your goals, they sound fulfilling as fuck
>>
>>29294466
At the moment I'm focusing on Python (since I have a ton of books on it), and the arduino IDE programming.
>>
>>29294522
Anon. I've used RPG maker before. It's pretty simple to use, (I've dabbled in it a bit when I was younger), and from what I've heard, the scripting engine is somewhat decent and easy to learn (tons of samples out there to study from). Just use the built in materials to get a feel for the engine, then eventually you can make and import your own.

Maybe you could make a start learning how to make pixel art/3D modelling? Tons of guides out there.

Also Game Maker is a nice way to start anon. Tons of guides and materials out there, and it's quite easy to get into because it's object-based.
(I was really into it about 10 years ago as a kid)
>>
>>29294425
Well that's great anon. For hacking you are going to need to learn HTML, for videogame making you are going to need c and java and finally robotics andelectronics' are made in assembly.
Now that's the basics to start and you are a highly motivated individual so I guess it would only take you about 15 years to reach the point where you can start working on that. After that tho, after 15 years of committed learning,. Figuring out how to engineer the robot will only take you a couple of years while you work on increasingly more difficult coding until someday you are finally ready to start working on robots, you also have to stay up to date with current anti hacking measures and the new versions of lots of software's and the current engines used in game making. I'm guessing you won't be sleeping much or doing anything outside more than once every couple of months am I right?
>>
>>29294425
>Me?

kys
>>
>>29294614
Hell. You could even try making physical stuff and digitising it.
Always wanted to make and animate clay/toy models. Watching the robot chicken and Wallace and from it documentaries gives you a good feel for how it's done. Very time consuming though. Has to be hand-crafted frame by frame.
>>
I wanna build a drug dealing empire
>>
File: 1415418281982s.jpg (7 KB, 208x249) Image search: [Google]
1415418281982s.jpg
7 KB, 208x249
>>29294614
I can already draw decently and model/texture/animate at a beginner level.

I don't have a computer anymore so I can't play with game engines. Once I get a computer I'll tackle those engines as you told me.

Thanks for the advice
>>
I would love to create a small game using my own coding and my own art. I'm still at the beginning stages of coding and it seems like a really far away goal but hopefully one day I can achieve it.
>>
>>29294629
Yeah. Pretty much. I don't have a social life, and I don't particularly care for women.
I do it because it's fun anon.
Plus you can always cheat a bit if you're doing it for yourself. Use some pre-existing code, pre-built kits, and tailor it to your use. How the fuck else do you ever learn how shit works in the first place? Have you ever taken something apart and studied how it ticks?
Probably in 15 years time it will be even easier anon. You just need to know the concepts of programming and have a reference/practice for the particulars, documenting as you go.
>>
I want to be a warlord. Warring and lording all day until the CIA takes me out or installs me as president of my cointry.
>>
>>29294740
That's great anon you are absolutely right. How about you start bragging about it in 30 years when you have actual achievements to bloat about instead of just empty words?
>>
>>29294867
OK. See you in 30 years.
>>
>>29294892
Ok great, I'm sure you dont have a child's grasp of what you are talking about and will totally accomplish this. Im sure things get "easyer" with time instead of getting more and more complicated too.
There are millions of teens who think they are going g to become hackers just like in the matrix but you, you are different, you so want to do 20 things more. We live in a world where people follow through with everything and how old are you? At least 18 right? You clearly have achieved soooooooo much already, that's a good indication that you are a born genius, you clearly come from a high iq family I can only imagine the groundbreaking work your parents did, hell you are underestimating yourself, think about all the fields davinci innovated in. How are you going to compete without looking into space engineering and becoming a nuclear phisisist too?
>>
>>29294997
Jesus christ anon. Who clipped your wings?
I'm not saying I'm going to be anything special. I didn't even say I was going to even be great at all this stuff. I just want to give it all a go is all.
I'm a 25 year old virgin post-grad loser that works in a super market. I just want to focus on the stuff that makes me happy these days, rather than do the stuff everyone told me I had to do in the past.
If it means I have to spend years doing it all from scratch, then I'll happily try it. What else is there?
>>
>>29295092
I can tell you right now 70% of your goals are impossible for you to accomplish, forget being good at the. It's impossible for you to learn all that shit, you are fucking 25 working in a supermarket you need people to tell you to get some scope
Choose one thing and one thing only, if you manage to become really good at it then you can pick a second one but it would be pointless since becoming good at let's say robotics means you would most likely spend all your time working on robotics. Not that I think robotics is anywhere near a realistic goal for you.
You can learn assembly and how to code for pics tho, that's really hard but doable
>>
>>29292161
When I was a kid, i used to seriously dress up as a ninja, sneak around the house and used to aspire to run away from home into the wilderness and survive off hunting and shit
>>
File: get in, property.jpg (47 KB, 720x428) Image search: [Google]
get in, property.jpg
47 KB, 720x428
I want to get a job that pay really well and do it for just 10 years, then buy some houses in beautiful places, marry a beautiful woman (possibly my oneitis) thanks to my money and win the Nobel prize for literature thanks to the poems and novels that I'll write when I'll be free from work.
>>
>>29295260
Why do the goal threads turn out more implausible and outrageous than what would you do with a wish threads? Somehow 4chan posters think they are able to accomplish more by themselves than what they can get with a fucking wiah
>>
>>29295210
Not him but I think you are setting the bar too high.

I want to play the piano but that doesn't mean I want to be the next bethoven or play in the national orchestra.

I like pursuing things as a hobby without the end result in mind and you are making it sound as if building a tiny robot that does a simple task doesn't count as building a robot.
>>
File: 1465963858659.png (1 MB, 1920x808) Image search: [Google]
1465963858659.png
1 MB, 1920x808
>>29292161
I want to overcome my depression and social anxiety by becoming more like the rabbit cop in Zootopia
>>
>>29295324
>the police state is good because sexyfun cuddlemammal

do the reptoids not realize what happens when you mix eros and thanos
>>
>>29295304
Yeah but playing the piano, gardening, cooking, drawing, etc are not the same as coding. You can start doing without any previous knowledge and practice while learning theory to get better.
With coding you need to spend years learning theory and then spend even more years learning practice and then you can start learning how to code
>>
I want infinite blowjobs with no ramifications at the snap of a finger, all in the comfort of my NEET-cave. I would basically stay in my cave all day, connecting to the outside world only through the internet, my cats, and a bang-maid, never talking to my family or any friends ever again, not allowing anyone to visit, until I literally go insane and develop schizophrenia, in which case I will finally be forced to kill myself once I am unable to deal with the terror it brings me.

OK, that is a bit edgy, but I really just don't care anymore. I just wanna be left alone.
>>
>>29295304
There is such a thing as knowing a little bit of piano as you can learn to play a slow easy song and nothing else but there is no such a thing as knowing a little but of complex math. Knowing math is knowing formulas you either know them or not
>>
File: GROWING OLD by JN™.jpg (37 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
GROWING OLD by JN™.jpg
37 KB, 500x303
Id be glad to assist you with the illustration part... Its really not as hard as you're telling yourself that it is...

Many years ago, I bought an Amiga 4000 and taught myself how to model, map, boolean path & render 3D as well...

Sculpture, airbrushing (photorealism), applied arts, all specialties as well... I even do Lifecasts of chicks bodies.

Creativity is THE BEST JOB on earth. Being an artist is the only job I can think of where you can charge the client a $7,500 50% down payment on a product that doesn't even exist yet... It's all hypothetical... The secret to being a professional illustrator is actually the art of salesmanship, which sounds like a drag but it's not... You'll never sell any art with conventional sales techniques...

I always tell my clients if you hire an artist that isn't 'weird', you didn't hire an ARTIST...

(also, being an artist allows me to include unorthodox clauses in my contracts like '$250 for high-grade marijuana') I've even done murals for churches, and had the pastor signed the contract and add an extra $250 so I could buy pot, because even Jesus knows artists should smoke pot before they start painting...

I'd be more than happy to assist you... The talent and skill is already inside you, but you just need to learn how to reach inside of yourself and extract it...

ut it all starts with the actual hand drawn Art part...
>>
>>29295472
This is inspiring.

I've been pursuing art as a hobby but I learned some time ago that things are possible if you work hard on making them happen.
>>
All I want
is to go hang gliding
>>
File: PALS by Johnny Neptune.jpg (306 KB, 680x519) Image search: [Google]
PALS by Johnny Neptune.jpg
306 KB, 680x519
>>29295535
I'm not trying to sound like a know-it-all, because there's actually one or two things that I don't know... However I can tell you with absolute certainty that you can do anything you want to do, and to become a master at it in very short order... It's not about hard work... It's about insight and dedication, along with developing your own techniques and shortcuts... As time passes I'm actually going to explain to everybody here exactly how to take a blank sheet of typing paper, pick up a ballpoint pen, and quickly doodle out something like this :

ALSO: https://youtu.be/w4Sunw-fPKQ
>>
I want to discover how the placebo effect works and try to harness it's powers for actual intentional use
>>
File: NEPTUNE GRAPHIX.jpg (27 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
NEPTUNE GRAPHIX.jpg
27 KB, 500x375
>>29295362
I appreciate your expertise in the matter, but your statement is not necessarily true for everybody... Some people are able to intuitively Divine the theory, and catch on quickly...

I modified my latest BIOS rootkit on a Casio wrist watch
>>
File: images(49).jpg (57 KB, 668x459) Image search: [Google]
images(49).jpg
57 KB, 668x459
>>29292161
I want to be an eccentric, but harmless dude who lives on the outskirts of town on a vineyard spending his days tinkering away in the barrel room making the perfect cab sauv.
>>
be a psychedelic junkie tramp.
>>
File: JN™ on the Geraldo show.jpg (42 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
JN™ on the Geraldo show.jpg
42 KB, 960x540
>>29295621
I would be remiss if I failed to mention I am growing skeptical of people who spout out words like 'Junkie', where is what they really mean is drug addict...

( actually they don't even need drug addict, but I'll get back to that in a minute)

A junkie is somebody who uses syringes... The subject is now no longer about using drugs... Using syringes is a completely different subject, and no matter how much those pieces of shit always deny it comma the fact remains that it is an obvious statement that you have turned your existence into a public urinal... Generally, they want people who love them to try to intervene so they can 'snub' them... Selfish and disgusting. Predictable and nauseating... That has nothing to do with getting high...

Just because somebody chooses to self-medicate does not mean they are a drug addict... In fact, an educated person is aware that addiction is a slang term General used to describe physical dependency...

Psychological addiction is nothing more than desire and willpower... People self-medicate with all kinds of different things, religion and posting threads, for example...

There is only one drug on planet Earth that causes physical dependency... OPIODS... If somebody is physically dependent on opioids, then you have found an actual drug addict... However somebody who smokes pot, snorts cocaine, smokes meth, drops LSD, puts PCP in their rectum, etc etc ARE NOT ADDICTED to anything...

I've done more drugs in my life than any twenty men put together, and that was just in the first 15 years...

Forgive my floccinaucinihilipilification, but the fact of the matter is drugs never made me stupid, made me betray any of my friends or loved ones, made me cross my own standard of Excellence, robbed me of my talent, or instilled unscrupulous morals...

The real problem is people who spout out judgmental opinions about subjects they have absolutely no experience in whatsoever...

WATCH MY NEW VIDEO, SIR

https://youtu.be/w4Sunw-fPKQ
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.